Personal Loot - Defined

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with options if they don’t affect the base game in any meaningful way. Any additional option that does affect the economy or other players should not be added to the game. Ploot affects no one.

True, thise are called QoL but ploot is changes to the core mechanics and the way the game is played

1 Like

Personal Loot Defined = Something not meant for Diablo 2

1 Like

No it does not change the game. Since you do not have to use this option then it changes the game for you in no way. Those that use the option do not change the game for anybody that wants nothing to do with the option either. No new items are introduced into the game. It is completely irrelevant to anybody that does not like the idea of ploot. It affects them in no way.

Ploot not affecting the economy? when you have a limited ammount of items in a game and suddenly you multiply by 8 the amount of loot available in a few months people will be demanding new stuff added to the game just like in D3, with ancient, Primal and ethereal, because everyone will be maxed out and the game would die.

1 Like

Well, what you are describing is instanced loot like Diablo 3. No one is actually suggesting that. The suggestion is just that the items that drop in a free-for-all standard game would just instead be assigned randomly to players in the group for a limited amount of time. If they do not pick it up within that timeframe of assignment, the item turns into free-for-all. So there is no multiplication factor of items generated. They are the exact same items that would have dropped in a free-for-all standard game. The only difference is assignment.

For those saying “It doesn’t affect you”

Yes, yes it does. It affects the market and gives the slow/terribad a gap-closing QoL that they don’t deserve. You playing Diablo 3, now that is something that doesn’t affect me.

You aren’t getting PLoot. We can play in the Diablo 2: Reimagined fantasy land, but in reality this is Diablo 2: Remastered. Much like Tony Hawk (the last game VV remastered) there will be VERY little changes to the original gameplay. I was using the same lines I did when THPS launched, no problems.

Even with Rod telling everyone on Twitter: “We want to get launch right first” on the 26th isnt enough to get you guys to stop complaining and clamoring for a feature that simply won’t exist in this game. But THAT affects you, not me. See how that works?

3 Likes

Im pretty sure blizzard will stay true to the game and not implement something that never existed in D2 which would change the game

1 Like

Can you explain a scenario where the ploot system being suggest would affect the economy/market? Read my above post if you think the reason is eight times the items.

This right here. They will see soon enough that all their polls and posts did absolutely nothing.

People having items they don’t deserve because they are slow, affects the market. If you aren’t fast enough, that’s a rough scene. Welcome to Diablo 2.

2 Likes

So you think it is intended game mechanic to have to compete against Pickit scripts? Because that is the reality of the situation you are saying everyone should be forced into.

well, then you should also suggest to change coop mode so noone could become hostile, because if I see, you were assigned to get a SOJ, I will become hostile, kill you, go anywhere far away and leave the game.

If the majority who buys the game are newcomers that have no expectations, then there is no expectation to keep FFA loot or have an additional optional loot system.

I have no problem with the current hostility system. Are you now inventing arguments to argue against that have not been suggested at all?

1 Like

You could, but all of these seems like they would offer more power. At least paragon levels would. Then it cant truly be considered optional.

That said, as long as it happens in different realms; No Changes, and Changes, it should be fine. It would not be optional in the Changes realm, but it would also not affect the 1.14 server.

Exactly why the thread tries to clarify that is not what is meant, to help you understand.

D2 is not D3. And Personal Loot is not D3 either. The world is larger than D2 and D3.

It is fine if you dont want it. But it has also been made abundantly clear that a lot of people do not understand what it means. We have had countless threads now, trying to clear up misinformation and misunderstandings.

False! This is exactly why this thread exists.

And that is totally fine. You can do that.

That is usually what they do :joy:

Every single one of these threads go through the same cycles.

1 Like

No, I’m just telling you that what for you would be a fair looting system, could become a worse mechanic due to the hostility mechanic.
I think is worse if someone kill you and steal you every valuable thing you have, just because he saw your loot assignement, than just loosing the loot because other was faster picking it after killing the boss.

There isn’t any misinformation or misunderstanding. We don’t want ANY changes to the loot system.

Toggles, PLoot, Rolls…none of it. You can explain it from every direction, it doesn’t belong. Not much to argue about. If you are too slow, you don’t deserve drops, its pretty simple.

What you misunderstand is the word “no”.

2 Likes

Well if it becomes a worse mechanic then I simply won’t play it. And no one will play it. Since the option to play standard free-for-all will still be there then it’s a non-issue.

Since you will still be able to play free for all standard there are no changes to the loot system. Adding an additional option, that has no effect on anyone that does not want to use it, does not mean the current game is eliminated and has become something different.

Any way, just curious, how could this be an option?, I mean, you can not play with FFA people and your ploot system together… there would be games only FFA and only Ploot?