Personal Loot - Defined

That is fine.
I just happen to disagree with that, and consider this to be a very tiny change that would make the game a bit better for some people, but overall not really affect the gameplay substantially. A Quality of Life change really.

It is funny, I have been called a Purist for months, in regards to D2R :joy: I certainly wouldn’t consider myself that, but I do believe that D2R should not become something else. While changes can be good, they should always aim to not change what D2 is.
For that reason I am against something like Rifts/Maps, even though some D2 mods have those.
But PL… yeah, seems like a small change imo. One that wont affect me much personally, as I plan to mostly solo or play with friends. Just something that will make more people jump into multiplayer. Which should benefit the game overall.

2 Likes

I edited this quote to show the argument could be made in reverse.

The original is:

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So the blindfolded kid that busted open the piñata get’s leftovers.
The friend with a broken arm gets leftovers.
The little brother in the wheelchair gets leftovers.

How about you buy your own piñata and invite your friends so you can keep all the candy.

1 Like

You could make it reversed, except then you would loose entirety of the credibility part :upside_down_face:
That way they wont be called liars yet again that promise something and do the opposite, their credibilty stays in tact. That way when they release/promo d4 they can advertise it as “ploot” system and whatever they decide and everything else new players want. new players will think “i liked d2 but not the ffa system so the game should be good” and then proceed to buying it, because they know the game will have Ploot system because Blizzard didnt lie about properties of d2r and therefore didnt loose credibilityClassic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

You see, your reply had no purpose

1 Like

Just stop! The original game was FFA loot. You can trade and interact with other players. Most of the time if I don’t need something I gladly give it up.

It what made d2 so fun. If you don’t like FFA don’t play it. Or single player which is in the game already!

3 Likes

Since the game is apparently going live more or less as was shown in the beta, all people who pre-ordered (and did not cancel) have committed to buy. If changes are made afterwards to accommodate those who did not buy initially due to lack of modern features than Blizzard would increase their sales even more by making changes.

The only way this would not be true was if the claim was so many no/few changes cancelled and their sales could be gained by reverting all changes.

Im not gonna speak on behalf of any individual but from what i have experienced so far myself, disabled people dont want to be looked down upon/pitied and want to be treated equally.

1 Like

Did you not read the post? You can still trade with other players. You are can still gladly give stuff up.

If that’s what made D2 fun, then why play anything other than the original D2? If you don’t like changes, why play D2R? Or single player, which is in the game already!

No, they want to have equal chances to succeed. Blizzard has already made several changes to accommodate people with disabilities. This would fit in the same wheelhouse.

I do find it interesting how you ignored the other justifications and picked this one with a horrible hypothetical on what disabled people want.

Yes number 1 makes the most sense to me and does not affect the economy what so ever.

2 Likes

Did you not read the description of D2 remaster.

Why are you so inclined to change a 20 year old game. Do you think there is a reason they are remastering a 20 year old game. Could it be because 95% of the player base likes the way it was??

Your so driven to change something that very few want. What’s your agenda or end goal ?

6 Likes

What makes you so against an option that you don’t have to use? Including the option in the game has no effect on you at all so why would you be against it?

2 Likes

What you dont see is that majority of people who dont pre-order or buy game shortly after launch are most likely the newcomers, which obviously have NO EXPECTATIONS about the game and therefore dont needto be catered to in ADVANCE. Once/if they feel the game is not catered for them its too late to refund and blizzard has no incenvtive to accomodate them, they can make promise for that to happen in D4 and effectively sell them 2 games instead of 1.

Your response is so horrible I’m not going to respond.

A bit too late for that with TCP/IP removed, and modding in jeopardy.

Well, how about what old players want.

Working exactly the same under PL. Thankfully.

Did you not follow the development? They have changed all kinds of things already. Clearly, not a 100% faithful remaster.

Probably not no.

Anyway, liking it or not is not the question tbh.
As Rod Ferguson correctly said, it is not a matter of what gets most votes.

Seems like a lot of people do want it.

So they need to be catered to after release? With changes? To get them to buy the game?Well, yeah, seems like it could be Blizzards strategy. Would be dishonest though.
That said, I bet there are a fair amount of oldschool players who are skeptical and taking a “wait and see” stance for D2R.

Yes, correctly telling you that you are misunderstanding what was written, is so horrible!

1 Like

Yup. Did you? It gives a description of the game and lists out all the changes.

Like other aspects, I am thinking the option for some wouldn’t be a bad thing.

For example, did you know that the auto gold pickup toggle was put in place for people with disabilities? How is an auto loot toggle described above any different?

95% of the player base didn’t like it the way it was. Only 7% wanted no more changes. You are in the minority.

To give people the option that will have zero effect on anyone else’s game experience.

You don’t like being told that this idea isn’t as bad as you seem to think it is? How horrible.

2 Likes

Why not make optional grifts? Why not make optional paragon levels? Why not make optional goblin levels that spawn items?
You dont have to use it cause its just an option…
Do you realize something?? This argument is nonsense

2 Likes

I never thought what this post try to clarify, from the beggining was pretty clear to me that what any ploot suggestion wanted that, just like in D3, the loot you see is the loot for you, you don’t see other peoples loot, you see people moving because they are picking their loot but not yours…

But you seem to don’t understand why most people don’t want that… D3 is cuantity over quality, D2 is quality over cuantity.
I mean, D3 is a fast paced game in everyway, you can get to lvl 70 in a couple of hours if you want, you have literally no skill tree, you have all skills(active and passive) available, you have tons of useless legendaries because of the power nonsense race to the point of being godlike to the point to add ancient legendaries, and now keeping that nonsensical race, not only they needed to add primal, but now ethereal on top…
D3 players are in a point that they don’t even care about any legendary item, and you can see hundreds of them earned per hour in rifts.

D3 players are overwhelmed by tons of those items and feel frustrated when in D2 not only they are actually rare, but also you have to be smart and fast to get them before any other player.

Ploot suggestions are just the perfect reflection of the absence of abundance they are acustomed and lazyness as a consecuence of that abundance.

3 Likes

I don’t understand your argument. You could implement all those options but nobody would actually use them because there’s zero demand for them. Also, the options you listed would affect the economy in various ways, unlike ploot.

We know what personal loot means. And we don’t want it.

5 Likes

I mean you argue with that for millions of new features because its “just an option”

1 Like