Personal loot confirmed?

Giving players the option to select shared or personal loot at game creation is the best way to handle this. It makes everyone happy (except those who like to snatch up all the loot) and it will have zero impact on the economy as you dont actually increase the drops you just assign what was dropped to players. Sometimes you will get no drop from a boss run which may not feel good but it sure feels better than seeing a drop and knowing someone else snatched it up.

Having the option will keep players playing the game longer as they will be joining more public games and interacting with others. If a majority of players get sick of shared loot and all go play solo they wont last long and the community will drop.

Everyone wins when you give players the option for shared or personal loot. More options is always a good thing. Let the community decide which is more enjoyable. If you are concerned about the majority of players wanting to play in personal loot games then I would say that concern on strengthens the point that we need personal loot. if 80% of the people want personal loot then it should 100% be added as an option.

As previously stated, gold is shared on pickup in a group and if you play in a private game it is actually personal loot.

For lack of better words, don’t get your hopes up.

Anyway its not Diablo 2… Personal loot is a D3/D4 thing. If your not clicking fast then sry but ajust your mouse speed or something. If you dont like low level low gear player to get the drop in ur public game… Play private game. And all ur example are flawd cause if you play a sorc you will have what 60% min of the dmg on boss every game with static ? So sorc get all the gear from now on ? LOL
Stop asking for change and trying to delay the game… Stop asking for change that would ruin the game for all of us the real diablo 2 player who played that game for 20 years. You will probably leave after the first ladder and never come back so please stop trying to ruin the game.

Speak for yourself because for me personal loot would not ruin the game but would keep multiplayer more active.

5 Likes

How it would keep multiplayer more active ? what is the reasoning behind this ? From what i see pepole played D3 and now want D2 to be like D3 and its not.

1 Like

nah, personal loot… not good. it goes against the dark diablo world.

4 Likes

I hope personal loot never sees white day in D2R !

2 Likes

If you would use that formula wouldn’t you discourage multiplaying as the guy with high mf will get his mf rate divided by 8. That would mean that mf runs would only make sense of all have a high mf rate. This would make it for new players and players with less experince super hard to get good loot and experinced players would benefit. I am still not convinced that would be really benefical for the economy. I still prefer the global loot over personal loot. It was one aspect I was done with d3 so quickly.

Wait for more information on this one. They said Cross Progression (char saves). So far they have not confirmed that different platforms can play together in the same game instances.

This would Not Be fair in the sense of PC gamers getting a left and right click only setup while console has Multiple skills and utilities available readily. I can’t see a Cross Play ever being a thing from what they’ve said. it would Burn the pc users for Pvp.

I recall a video or Q&A where they stated that you will not have cross platform play at launc. For example, a playstation player can not play with a PC player. I assume someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

These awful bad ideas have already been implemented in very popular mods and they have a huge following.
Try to consider what is best for the game and not your personal wants for it. This is not D2 anymore, its D2R. Its already a very different game. If its not to your liking, I can respect that. D2 is still there for you and me. If more modern players will play this game due to these changes, then I will gladly forgo these old, antiquated game mechanics. The way I see it, the more attention/players play this game, the better the chances are that D2R team will continue to support it. I want to play with my friends who are now all adults and have full time lives. They are not interested in coming back to a game that has such harsh requirements when it comes to time/inventory management. They just want to be able to beat the prime evils again with the favorite fully geared characters and relive their childhood memories.
For me personally, I enjoy giving more than taking. Can you say the same? I remember back in the day picking up (before anyone else due to positioning) an item that was really valuable and I chose to give it to my friend. The act of giving was more powerful than the rush of trying to compete to pick up the item. I also did not enjoy the fact that everyone knows what items were picked up in a pub game. You become the center of attention and I find this to be unwanted attention.
In conclusion, I support what is best for the game. Even if I don’t like it, as long as it brings in more players.

1 Like

Learn to play, get good and stop crying.

D2 is fine as it is.

6 Likes

my only real argument against personalized loot would be the market. instead of “4” items dropping from baal, now you will have “32” (in an 8 person game) dropping. i completely understand that 99% will be junk drops but the “CHance” of more drops is 100%. on a different note i am a “purist” when it comes to drops… i believe that “boss” drops shouldn’t be as common as they are. i would like to see the “drops” from uniques instead of boss drops… would make people actually clear an area instead of farming bosses. my 2cents.

Personally, I believe they should keep the shared loot from original D2 in D2: R. If they were to do personal loot, though, it should follow the same “total” amount of drops that would have dropped if it was a regular shared loot game.

Example:
8 player game with the regular shared loot from D2.
Party goes through, and kills all end Act bosses(Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal).
Let’s say there is a total of 10 uniques that drop between all of these bosses in this 8 person shared loot game.

Now, let’s say that the same game was instead on personal loot instead of shared loot.
8 player game with personal loot.
Party goes through, and kills all end Act bosses(Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal).
Even though each person has their own personal loot the same amount of 10 uniques would drop, but depends on who gets it. This way would help against leechers, and pickit botters. Items would still be allowed to trade to other players.

Conclusion is that I prefer original D2 shared loot. But, if they do go to personal loot, or even as some suggested to have it as an option between shared loot, or personal loot as long as the same amount of “total” drops would be calculated then it would be fine to have it that way.

"At it’s core we want this to still be the same. So right away things the balance, the monsters you see, spawn rates, item drops and things like that are the same.

And what we’re doing is trying to take any of the rough edges you see: compatibility issues, resolution issues, and obviously the art - improving the art as well… all these kind of things you come to know from a remaster but still very much maintaining what the game is.

Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer"

Judging by the quote from andre the lead designer the answer is no

2 Likes

Blizzard already announced that they are shortening season length in D2R. This has implications for the game.

1 Like

It’s the easiest way to make ladder harder without nerfing drop rates for the entire game. You reduce the amount of time and you make it more difficult to fully gear a character from scratch.

The only other way to fix ladder would be to mess with the game itself changing drop rates of items and that is not something they want to do.

Do you agree with this? Should ladder be harder? Does that change fundamentally the difficulty of D2R in comparison to D2?

1 Like

No it doesn’t fundamentally change anything it actually in effect restores it more toward it’s original intention.

Ladder was always designed to be a Difficult Endeavor, 1.14B the patch that wasn’t from Blizzard north made ladder easier. All they are doing is restoring the intended difficulty, and they are doing it in such a way that has minimal impact on the game as a whole.

Also MicroRNA your attempts at trolling are rather pathetic try a bit harder.

So what D2 patch do you consider perfect? I am not trolling. I am just trying to figure out how people view a “perfect game” that has undergone multiple and significant gameplay changes. It is the perfect game the final patch? Is it an intermediate patch? Was it the original release version?

My take is that there are D2 elements that were changed as the game matured that made it better; however, some changes made the game worse.

1 Like