Patch Notes for Barbs

Now that I think about it, IK loses IB to get remorseless, whereas it is a flat out gain for LoD.

And with EW blocking the ammy slot in IK, the FOT possibility on LoD where Speed pylon and Cooldown pylon makes PermaW, PermaA further easier to maintain apart from the DPS buffs of Conduit, Power, Speed. LoD variant keeps looking better and better the more I think about it!!!

Still wondering about Raekor and Remorseless tho… Wrath and Ancients when dumping stacks, C.Crim to boost CDR, does it get there?

LOD HOTA is already ahead of IK HOTA. Both builds will gain a few lvls but LOD will contend for the top barb build. I’m expecting it to be #1 over Charge and Raekor.

You have to be careful comparing the clears in season to NS clears. I think it would be really close if more people were playing IK hota in season.

I am putting my money on SS to be the top build if it stays with the current buffs. Storm has cleared 122 at 2.4k paragon and Arch spent a day or 2 playing with it and cleared 128. With the buffs, that is a lot of extra damage.

Yeah, Season hype over LOD has obfuscated the difference in clear potential between LOD HOTA and IK HOTA. The buff to Remorseless is much easier for IK HOTA to use since perma-Ancients and -Wrath are much easier to obtain. IK HOTA doesn’t have to stack a single bit of CDR and can make use of suboptimal gear and still receive all the relevant bonuses.

Personally, I think IK HOTA takes the edge, but I don’t know for sure, and we likely won’t until we see more high non-Season clears using both builds.

I agree with Felix that SS is going to be a top build next to WW. The Fjord Cutter buff is very good–maybe a little under-tuned, but still a definite buff, and the change to the bracers really helps to elevate the build.

1 Like

IK sure hasn’t been receiving the love that it deserves for such an easy and powerful playstyle.

I’ll be playing all three sets (not raekor, too wonky for me) and LoDHoTA next patch/season. Getting to P1000 and beyond on barb is going to be so much easier than earlier.

1 Like

I wonder if they will just remove them period given smaller team working on D3 now and the fact hardly anyone likes doing set dungeons.

Very excited about the buffs! Only thing I’m worried about is that MotE will fall behind into irrelevance, and it’s my favorite playstyle.

As for LoD HotA, if you max CDR and have high attack speed, can anyone confirm you can easily keep both WotB and CotA up? I played around with it this season but dropped CotA for IP, so I’m not sure how easily two long cool downs can stay up.

1 Like

might require boon of bull-kathos, and even then i dont remember the zodiac mechanics with BOTFM

So max CDR is around 60%, which means about 35 seconds for ORotZ to make up for each skill. I’m guessing you’d need something like 80-90 hits to reset both reliably, in a 20 second timespan. This seems hard to pull off unless you’re in high density constantly.

I probably missed something, but I feel certain IK will be WAY easier to keep your buffs up.

Gratz to all of you. I am not a barb player anymore but I really like that Free and Rage took the initiative to write up a proposal for changes and them being heard.

With the recent change in providing us each patch with bite size chunks of new items it gives me hope that even more is possible for all the characters!

Hell, I am itching to start a thread for my beloved WD but I am too casual and my ideas for changes are more in the “wow that would look cool” category instead of being useful :grinning:

3 Likes

Many thanks. Though we led and organized the effort, we couldn’t have done it without the help of the Barb community. Truly an outstanding game community!

1 Like

Awesome work all.

Next season looks exciting for spin to win. Will be very interesting to see how it all fits together.

While I am not a Wastes player as such, I do happen to be an old fan of the build, particularly where Rend, with it’s current mechanics apply. Being able to build up and snapshot the application is what makes playing it so much fun. So while it is really cool to see these changes in the pipe as it were, I feel much the same way. All in all one can not look a gift horse in mouth when our Barbs get a needed shot though, so thanks to all who pushed and pulled in the right places for it.
Now may we have a moment of silence for the much loved Fire MotE.

2 Likes

This buff to rend is just too massive making WW just a support skill in the wastes set. I believe it will be substantially nerfed once people test it and clear 140+ perhaps even 150.

1 Like

That remains to be seen. The buff has to be huge to work with 1 handers. Part of the reason Rend was bad was the need for a 2 hander to get any meaningful damage from it.

In group play, have to test ambo pride barb with Hurricane/Mutilate

Pull, Chill ennemies and Apply +10% dmg to all sources, seems not bad at all.

If the changes with Ambo go live, I recommend not using Ambo in the set dungeon…

Coz to Master it you need to group enemies and apply Rend to a certain amount of mobs at the same time. Since mobs are pretty scattered you would have big problems with the grouping set-up (mobs probably would die to fast anyway with Ambo in cube or worn)

Quick question, when they make such changes to legendary items / sets, do we need to re-obtain them to get the new bonuses / powers?

As in, is it safe to DE all my barb items that are getting updates?

TY very much! (stash space - problem!!!)

Glad to have gotten the Barb set dungeons out of the way a while ago. Working through the others now and some are such a struggle because of how much damage certain builds do now.

Sets have normally been auto updated, legendaries will need to be found again for the new powers…