Patch Notes for Barbs

Its a crazy buff we are just not sure how big since rend has not been used in this version of the build yet. For starters you have a second damage that IMO will be a larger percentage of total output then ww damage itself. Just from the set bonus and ambos I could see at least 5 lvl grift increase. Then you add in lamentation and the knowledge we are missing about how Rend will preform exactly. Will we only get the base ability or can we have rend on our bar and select a rune for example?

If ambo is detonating, bloodlust wont be useful. But blood bath+lamentation will triple rend damage. Blood bath will be the choice i think.

I think you are right

Also I think ambo will apply the selected rune to rend. If rend is not selected, it will apply unruned rend most likely (like EQs from leaps)

1 Like

2 IK 6 Wastes will work like a charm, without BK set. IK BB. DR could be an issue though

Iā€™m planning on using unity instead of COE. My guess is we wonā€™t miss it anymore.

1 Like

Iā€™d also be curious to know if the applied Rends from Ambo stack Stricken. Getting Stricken hotter, faster, would be another hidden boost to WW damage output, less time on RG. My gut says no but you never know with this game until itā€™s tested.

Rend: Bleed for 1100% OVER 5 seconds. Not every second for 5 seconds.
WoTW 2 pc: Increase damage per second of rend by 500% and increase duration to 15 seconds.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a 15 times multiplier.

Iā€™m really not good with d3 math, but wouldnā€™t it look something like;
base rend (1100%) x 2pc (500%) x 4pc (triple damage 300%) x 6pc (Is 6pc multiplicative? I thought additive so it would be +10k) x Lamentation (200%) =

Consider DPS. Base rend = 220%.
Ambo = 15 multiplier. 15s ā†’ 1s;
2pc = 6;
lamentation = 2 * 3 = 6;
4 pc = 3;
6 pc = 101;
new multiplier should be 163620 multiplier.

Currently I heard IK rend did 90 . (2.6.6 Around 7:30s P3000)

The quotient should be 101 * 3 * 15 / 41 = 101; A 30 level buff? (Then 120 7:30s?)

Iā€™ve always want a pure Rend build and it looks like IK4/Waste6 is the thing to it. I wonā€™t use AD or SG, so this Iā€™m guessing will limit the lag.

Canā€™t wait to test.

Iā€™ll trust your math more than mine when it comes to Diablo.

Ambo applies all of rend damage instantly and over one second. Iā€™m not seeing the multiplier there because currently rend doesnā€™t refresh itself every second while itā€™s active. it says 1100% over 5 seconds, which then getā€™s turned into 15 seconds. The 2 pc is actually a nerf, the way they made up for it is by adding that each tick is increased by 500%.

Base Rend / 15 seconds * 500% = rend damage.

I think it was intended for rend to only have to be applied once every 15 seconds, which is why they made it that way, so you donā€™t have to stop WW every 5 seconds to apply it.

It depends on the ICD. We will see it once d3planner update.

Reallyā€¦But I donā€™t trust myselfā€¦lol

based on Free and Rageā€™s proposal. Rend need a *300 buff. This time we get a 15 * 101 * 3 = 4500 buff vs WWs. Does this mean we can do 150 solo ?

I am kind of confused about this. We have to test Rend/Ambo in PTR.

I figure it will still act as a 0.5% life per second each enemy hit.

a good start. Kind of wish Bracers of Destruction stayed at 5 enemies and had the damage buffed to compensate. Maybe 1000% for 5 enemies hit, or 850% or so to compensate for the huge Rift guardian damage buff. slightly worse as is for trash, quite a bit better for single target/small groups. 10 targets is kind of taking away from what their purpose was originally, this way it would be very similar but maintain that small pack damage boost.

Is the obvious way to do it. Blizzard, however, doesnā€™t always do obvious.

Longtime Barb and HoTA fan here. Kudos to all BarBros for making this happen.

I have two queries thoughā€¦

1. Will Zodiac LoD PermaWrath PermaAnc HoTA be feasible and better than good 'ol IK HoTA, using all possible speed increase(echoing fury, gogok) items to trigger OrOZ like crazyā€¦

2. Will Raekors somehow work in Remorseless (maybe even with C.Crimson to get the CDR breakpoints to go PermaWrath and PermaAnc.)?

Iā€™m wondering what the Rend changes will mean for the Wastes set dungeon, that previously always relied on gathering mobs before rending them. Perhaps now you might be able to just WW through the whole thing.

1 Like

Ya, lots of unanswered issues and mechanics.
I doubt they even address Set Dungeons at all with any of the set/item changesā€¦

I think LoD will be better now for HotA. It is really close which is better currently, but the main thing that was holding LoD HotA back was not getting the bonus from the IB weapons. Since Remorseless is much better than IB weapons now that is no longer a negative.

The way things stand now with the existing patch notes, next season LoD will be much stronger than IK HotA.

1 Like

Well, thereā€™s two completely new sets in the upcoming patch - wonder if thereā€™ll be set dungeons for those.

2 Likes