Patch Notes for Barbs

Definitely. IB gives approx. 1.3 x 1.3 = 1.69x multiplier (not exactly the calculation but this is for the sake of easy simplified illustration here) while Remorseless alone gives 3.5x multiplier. In addition, you can use Echoing Fury as offhand to boost attack speed by a lot which is another damage gain and healing gain.

2 Likes

I am excited to see 2.6.7 patch note. Thanks very much Free for your work. I will return to the Mount of Arreat next season. Who is going to play hc next season?

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Its my first post at D3 forums ever.

And excuse me for my bad English (Im Russian =)).

I was starting to play in the end of S17 for Barb (huge D2 exp in the past), ofc it was non-ladder. And WW-barb was my favorite and main since my first day till now. I donā€™t care about WW weakness so much, cuz I just like gameplay. But ofc I would like to get some nice buffs, cuz WW is really in trouble. I can see it when I play DH (Impale or MS ā€“ doesnā€™t matter). DH is much stronger with worse gear. Since I play only solo and non-ladder, Itā€™s a problem to lvl up my gems and paragon for GR-progress.

I think, auto apply bleed mechanic for WW is a great idea! I like physical type of damage (in my mind WW must be only physical!), and bleed is a great part of any physical DPS (like impale in WoW, when ur target bleeds, when u crit it). But if ur bleed (rend) has only 1 sec duration, its not a bleed at all! Its usual burstdamage. Its totally wrong in my opinion. Bleed must be a bleed, so it should have duration about 3 or 5 seconds or something like this. Also bleed ticks speed must be increased by IAS and ASI with brakes probably, when u have additional bleed tick with 27% ias (for example).

4 Likes

I guess I will be spinning arround once againā€¦

Those WW Buffs

Insert Vince McMahon gif

2 Likes

I feel the same way. Rend is no long a bleed skill :(, I like watching my enemies BLEED.

1 Like

Agreed.

Rend with Bloodbath should, theoretically, spread bleeds to additional mobs that weā€™re not hitting with our WW, and effectively double our Rend range and damage output.

Some questions remain:

• Will DDs also apply Rend?
  • Will all applied Rends detonate via Amboā€™s?
  • Could the additional heals from Blood Lust allow us to drop Blood Funnel?

Even in the last point, the only other rune worth using would be Wind Shear. That would allow us to drop the BK swords for the IB set with Amboā€™s in the Cube, and use the Lacerate rune on Rend for additional damage. But getting away from the BK swords is always trickyā€“that extra attack speed is crucial for Zodiac procs. In the end, I think Physical BK with Bloodbath will still be the way to go.

1 Like

IK4 - Waste6: WW Blood Funnel, Rend Bloodbath, Berserker Insanity, CotA Together as One, Berserker Rage Bloodshed, Ground Stomp Wrenching Smash

Cube: Ambo, Lamentation, RoRG

Rings and Neck, not sure

Btw ā€¦ IK HotA sounds insane with Remorseless + Echoing Fury.

Would say BoM/CoE/FoT for jewelry. The auto-apply for Rend will be very nice for this build now as it was always annoying to maintain enough Fury. I wonder if Berserker Rage/Bloodshed could be swapped out for Ancient Spear to make gigantic piles to drop Rend on. When the PTR hits Iā€™ll most likely play with this build first.

1 Like

How about lose COE and wear unity. Thats IMO very good. you get all the new goodies that way. And there is the option of rolling Rend on shoulders as well. Super excited about Hotas build more then ever too!!!

Assuming you wear Mortickā€™s youā€™ll get 50% DR there so those, plus CotA/BoM should be enough toughness. Time will tell!

Will a straight-up, FotVP-wielding ranged SS build be viable? That will be interesting. I would be down for that with IK OR LoN.

Hmmm. So the part of wastes that makes Rend last twice as long will still be there? To make the new ā€˜explodingā€™ rends do more damage? If so, that kind of kills the idea of a possible LoD version of this, right?

Has been for a while with MOTE. Check the stickied guide for Pro Slam. These buffs will only make it stronger!

Well, a LOD version will be missing 3 huge additional multipliers from the Wastes set, and will always be weaker than its set-basef counterpart.

Side note for Vile Charge build. This season theme will be giving us 50% increased movement speed. This could be an off meta trash killer again?

Also side note for WW lag. From my experience, Iā€™ve ran WW speeds at maximum speed flawlessly with no lag.
Iā€™ve also ran a lot of MOTE. I lag a lot more running MOTE than I do running WW.

I donā€™t think all of the lag comes from WW itself, but more from the style of grouping up as many things as possible. If you do that with any build, it strains the server.

Iā€™m thinking WW will persevere and there wonā€™t be any nerfs ONLY due to server lag.

But where do you get Fury? Canā€™t wear Fury shoulders in 4x Rend.

More I think about it, more I realize this makes 4x Rend impossible. Missing out on that massive Wastes 6 multiplier makes no sense.

Hes referring to IK hota im sure.

You can always go lightning for fury

Rob2628 did some math and has come up with the below statement though idk if itā€™s 100% accurate.

Rend has been buffed with a new multiplier of 15x3x101=4545 times multiplier that is around a 54 tier dmg buff

Ptr patch notes. Oh word? Anything new for next season? I lasted 5 days this current season.