Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

Ah, this makes much more sense.

Yeah, there is a similar item in Median XL, a Unique Caster Staff called Cain’s Wisdom or something like that, that increases your spell damage for every x% increased XP gained you have and its item text is “Knowledge is Power” iirc.

That is a cool idea imo. Interesting to see that others came up with it as well.

Yes, should probably be reduced by a factor of 10 and more.

If D3 never went the way of implementing these massive multipliers on sets and legendaries, then a lot of these things would be quite great imo.

Also, it is fun to create this kind of fan-art or fan-fiction or to theorycraft or whatever you wanna call it, and share these things with others and discuss them.

I also do this all the time…

1 Like

Gain damage based on experience gain would means that the set would deal more damage at higher rift level, but lower damage at lower rift level.

If the scaling of hp and experience of monster follow the same curve it would means that the difficult of the game would become flat with this item.

For the proc based item, I think we can introduce an item that give them a huge multiplier, so as to balance it.

That would just overbuff Meteor Channelling (with Etched and DW), unless you exclude the Etched proc.

No, I don’t think so.

Imagine if 6piece sets and legendaries would increase their damage multiplier based on the GR level with higher GR levels making the multipliers higher.

But in the end you had to balance it around GR 150 anyway.

===========

This suggestion of yours is one of the few things I do not like that much in your list, though a lot of the rest is good.

Yes. if they had have left items at like 20% damage, the game would look different. It would be a different scaling factor, for sure :wink: Right now, we use 1.17^(GR(1) - GR (2)). Maybe that scaling factor could have been 1.002 or something.

1 Like

I posted this some time ago, before the hydra set… it’s still very relevant. Numbers may vary ofc.

We have to push some changes right now. DW/ES are the main problem of our class: the buff all the dmg. You can buff any build because its dmg is affected by these two items. Just make DW/ES buff only channeling skills, later hthey can be buffed separately and this way you can buff EB, ET or Meteor on their own.

Etched Sigil
While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, and Ray of Frost damage is increased by 400-500% and the number of beams/attacks is increased by 2.
Deathwish
While channeling Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, or Ray of Frost, their damage is increased by 250-325%.
Aether Walker
Teleport has no cooldown, but it now costs 25 Arcane Power. Suppresses Reversal rune. All dmg outside Archon is increased by 200%.
Mirror Ball
Each enemy damaged by Magic Missile receive 125-150% increased dmg by Hydras for 10 seconds. Magic Missile fires 2 extra missiles and pierce.
Valthek’s Rebuke
Energy Twister travels in straight path, 80 yards forward and deals 400% increased dmg. Has no effect with the Wicked Wind rune.
The Smoldering Core
Meteor gains the Thundercrush rune and deals 400% increased dmg.
Wand of Woh
increases damage by 600-800% and each cast releases not one, but four Explosive Blasts, with 0.5 seconds interval (twelve with Chain Reaction rune, one every 0.15 seconds). Cooldown is removed.

IMO removing DW/ES from every build is healthier for the class that having them even in the new pet set lol

Man I gotta give you guys some serious dedication for dreaming all this up only to have 2.7 be another round of “add a few zeros to skill damage” caveman thought process that’s been going on for far too long now.

Was an inspiring read. Think I’ll do something creative and throw it in the trash like every diablo 3 ptr opportunity to fix things.

1 Like

Krelm’s Buff Bulwark
(2) Set:
All your points of Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence increases your Vitality on same number.

for example: if you have 15k Strength and 5k Vitality then with this active bonus you will have 15k Strength and 20k Vitality

This set will increase your toughness by 4 times, if u got 15k main stat. If u have 30k then it will be 7 times!!!

This set effect will to too overpower.

Remove group XP bonus modifier. Protect the integrity of the solo leader boards. Or apply the 4 player group XP bonus baseline to all group sizes. Multiple player groups still maintain incentivized group play by faster/higher clear speeds, while lowering the paragon gap between pure solo players to better represent a solo leader board.

3 Likes

Couldn’t that problem also just be fixed by having a pure solo leader board (SSF)?

And then for people who like to play with friends a bit and just do bounties and not group paragon speeds you can add a feature to the leader board where you include paragon to your search. So for example you only show level 1 000 ranks. Do it in ranges and just just every single level. I think there will be problems in terms of saving all the details but maybe just one showing their GR level and time. That way you as lets say 1 100 paragon player can compare instead of just basically ignoring the leader board.

It would be nice if we would also get SOME control over our follower, since that is getting really annoying.

We “have” to use it in solo to get our soloplay Oculus rings (+maybe defense by Unity & Utility by Ess of Johan amulet), while they often get stuck on a location from where they won’t move - while not losing threat, therefore enemies being split up and other enemies getting stuck behind them.

Therefore I’d suggest:

Easier “follower management”

In party play, followers are disabled anyway, so placing your own banner (flag) could work as “Command follower to location X” in solo play.

It’s a quite simple suggestion but would really add some big improvement.

6 Likes

I love it. I truely do. one of the best, most unique ideas I ever saw on the forums.

2 Likes

Yea, that is a very good idea. gonna add to the follower post.

2 Likes

Not really. That is more a solution that tries to hide the problem, rather than fix the problem.

3 Likes

In this case, I am 100% with Shadout. The GROUP xp buff needs to go away. 4 players working together are already stronger and can tackle harder content; no need to double penalize soloers.

2 Likes

Can we retroactively fix leader boards for new records that have not been credited? See the numerous threads in the Bug Report forums of GR leader boards not updating. Thanks.

I understand that it still doesn’t take away the difference but is there a reason people dislike it other than affecting their chance of leader board/comparing to other players?

That is the only thing I ever hear, but complaining about relative lack of mats for gearing makes sense.

I did some thoughts here

Lets say I’d like to get the glitches out of the game. Balancing is a thing of numbers. Since I play almost only monk I can tell you that defense is a really hard thing for monks. We do not have a 60% or 80% dmg reduction ring. So one of the most important: Let us get rid of unity as ring for any monk build. I personally would make desert shroud 80% dr instead of 50 since we have no defensive ring. Then also there needs to be something to make generator builds crowd control immune (since there is no epipany in the build). This is maybe the most squishy build in the whole game. The uliana belt should add stacks to the dmg reduction instead of refreshing - but also then uliana lacks on defense. The defense you need you can read by using swk set with tr: you have 50% set, 50% from epi, 25% from mantle of channeling, then 55% from rcr rolls and crimson (when you do it right) and taeguk gem giving defense. Thats the lowest values you need to be able to survive hardly.
In town I have approx 220 Mio toughness which is barely enough for 130. My season barb has 35 Mio toughness and in fight more toughness than my monk and I play barb the first time. Last season I played my non season WD - the toughness was way better than with my tr monk even if he has very good equipment. So when doing the balance please try to involve defensive buffs as well as dmg buffs and most important the glitches like if you have Flying Dragon equipped in the cube and you play LtK in theory FD should always proc double attack speed → in practise it does not because of lags. I’d be happy if you read my thoughts in the thread since I play monk from beginning (but that thread is pretty old so dmg numbers are outdated)

Yes. It affects each player on their own. Without any comparisons to other players.
Like, I can play solo or in groups. If I play in groups I get further than if I play solo (more XP, higher GRift, higher paragon, more bounty mats etc.). No competition is needed to make the imbalance very clear and impactful.

2 Likes

OK that makes sense. I get you. I do agree that it would be nice if the two were comparable but it doesn’t bother me all that much.

Guess also because I tend not to push a build to its all optimised max. I try and go high and get optimised gear but usually when I get to a 1 100ish paragon all BiS ancient and augmented level I am already busy with a second character as well and getting that one there. So the fact that I don’t have that many more mats etc doesn’t bother me much since I get to that point with like 80ish hours of solo play anyway. I like to keep progressing the first build and it is fun to push further of course. And I realise that with group XP and gear advantage the mass amounts of time necessary to go from pretty damn good 115-120ish to one or two levels higher won’t be as bad.