Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

One way to buff Manajuma is to make it also buff the damage of locust swarm, that way the angry chicken build can run around and kill trash with locust swarm and only use chicken explosion on elite.

Of course, we can also do something crazy like hex also turn all your summons into angry chicken.

**Manajuma’s way **
(2) set: Hex also turn all your summons into angry chickens. Angry Chicken explosion damage is increased by 400% and slain enemies trigger an additional explosion. Angry Chicken now lasts 15 seconds and movement speed as a chicken is increased by an additional 100%.

Hex actually got a lot of potential. Imagine if hex would also turn Plague of Toads into Toad of Hugeness, or corpse spiders into spider queens.

I would also like to see Bogadile rune of Piranhas do something useful. Perhaps, we can make Bogadile kill enemies below 15% life.

I think we can make Spirit of Arachyr into a hex and creature skills interaction set.

you’re way off into Way to Complicated Land again. I think the best solution is very simple.

“Hex, Angry Chicken increases your damage by 400%.” or something. If they need to add an “explodes 2 mire times.” or something, that works too.

Maybe they can approximately half the damage.

Regular = 10% CHD
Flawless = 20% CHD
Square = 30% CHD
Perfect Square = 35% CHD
Star = 40% CHD
Marquise = 45% CHD
Imperial = 50% CHD
Flawless Imperial = 55% CHD
Royal = 60% CHD
Flawless Royal = 65% CHD

That is 12.5% overall increased damage according to your numbers, and then 20% Elite Damage from a Diamond might be worth to consider instead.

If the Elite Damage on the Diamond would get buffed (instead of nerfing the Emerald), then it imo had to be increased from 20% Elite Damage to be at least 1/3 higher than the overall damage increase of an Emerald, which in this case would be 32.5%, maybe even 35% to round it up.

I think you missed the point. We’re were trying to make Diamond rival Emeralds in weapons. The gem would probably have to be buffed to ~50% elite damage for a flawless Royal. Which is not un-reasonable.

at which point, "Furnace" basically becomes pretty comparable and kind of gains a unique leg. affix, without changing any of the functionality or power of the item.
1 Like

I edited my previous post and put a response to you in it as well before you posted:

If it is being changed into Angry chicken increase damage by 400%, it will disrupt the balance of a lot of builds. For starter, jade harvester build will be able to use it. Gargantuan, DOD, Firebat may also able to squeeze it in.

I do not believe you have taken into consideration the hidden Proc coefficients of skills when designing the ‘chance on hit’ effects of these legendaries.

E.G Rimeheart.
It is not used currently for that very reason, in most cases the 20% chance is reduced to as low as 2% due to proc coefficients.

1 Like

that’s true, it would have to be phrased better if other builds can work it in - or just add three explosions, for instance.

1 Like

I looked into this. Most of these builds are underperforming. It looks like Zuni DOD can use it, but they have to drop Mask of Jeram; a 200% multiplier for a 400% multiplier. Which I’m sure they would do.

MOST worryingly, it looks like Mundungo's could use it, and that's definitely a deal-breaker.

Shadow 2pc while wearing melee weapon + shield gain 50% damage reduction.
Vengeance 40% damage bonus removed.

1 Like

I suggested this sometime back:

Bul-Kathos Wedding Band: 2H

Bul-Kathos’s Wedding Band: Equipping this ring allows users to dual wield 2H weapons (Barb only, w/o penalty).

2 Likes

That would be a pretty good way of paying homage to the Diablo 2 ver. of Bul-Kathos wedding band imo.

1 Like

I still prefer my idea of calling it “Battle Orders”, but 30% damage and 30% DR feels like a perfectly valid legendary.

Yeah, that would be cool.

You know what would be even cooler?!

The Barbarian having Passive that allows him to dual wield two 2h weapons and if the BK Ring would give the Barbarian this Passive for free and if you already have it, you gain xx% damage and attack speed on top of that if you are dual wielding two 2h weapons!

Thank you! I think so as well!
Something like that or something similar would be a nice homage to D2.

You mean renaming the BK Ring to Battle Orders or renaming the Barbarian Skill War Cry to Battle Orders?

30% DR and 30% increased damage is fairly balanced for a legendary ring (at least in the state that D3’s legendaries are atm). CoE on average gives you 50% increased damage (in practice it is higher when timed right), so 30% DR and 30% increased damage is good imo.

However, instead of 30% DR I would give it (the BK Ring) 30% increased maximum Life, because increasing life was one of the main features of what the BK Ring did in D2.

2 Likes

I was just gonna some text, like “Gain battle orders from Bul-kathos himself. You gain 30% damage reduction and 30% more damage.”

30% life isn’t really comparable to 30% DR - you really need that DR for the item to be worth equipping. I think.

my first impression was “Cool!”, but my second impression was "What a balance nightmare; can this even be done? Equipping a two-handed weapon in one hand seems doable, but is that worth an affix slot on a ring? It would have to be around 50% damage.

1 Like

It also have a 5th primary affix (a predetermined one) that gives you a huge amount of armor.

And of course you can increase the %life to 50% or maybe even more, so that this value becomes worthwhile.

Sure, it would be balancing nightmare. Imagine a SS Barbarian dual wielding Fjord Cutter and Fury of the Vanished Peak, etc.

It is waaay too difficult to balance with what D3’s itemization has become, I agree, but I just threw that in there because it is fun to throw around ideas and share and discuss them with others.

This is hands down the better route.

1 Like

I think the damage increase per XP gained (recently ???) is impossible to balance.

I fix this a bit:

• Gain 25% Movement Speed
  • Gain an additional 25% Movement Speed as long as you have not taken damage in the last 3 seconds.

I like it.

The only issue I see is that the Strongarm Bracers are already fairly similar.

And the increased damage could be a bit higher.

This are the kind of Affixes I personally like and I would like to see a lot more of them.

E.g.:

Schaefer’s Hammer

• For each 10 Lightning Resistance you have, add +x-y Lightning Damage to this Weapon

Other Ideas

• For each 5 Maximum Arcane Power you have, gain 1% of your maximum Life as an Energy Shield that replenishes itself after 4 seconds of not having taken damage.

• For each xx Life per Kill you have, gain +x-y physical damage added to this weapon.

I wrote a reddit thread about how the blueprint for such special affixes could look like

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/e89fx3/blueprints_for_creating_interesting_special/

Yes, please!

It also needs a damage buff on top of that.

Something like:

• x% increased damage for every 1 maximum Spirit you have (like this one Necromancer Scythe)
    • what you suggest

As others have mentioned, the proc co-eficient is an issue.

So why not give it a feature that is also on the Wizards Glacial Spike:

• your Cold Skills freeze enemies for 3 seconds and deal an additional 25.000%.Cold Damage to them . This effect can only occur one all ~10+ seconds.

The problem with the freeze chance is again is the proc co-efficient.
Maybe something like this:

• Cold Damage increased by 40-50%
  • Deal xx% increased damage against Frozen Enemies
  • something freeze related like “x% chance to cast Frost Nova on kill”, like a freeze that is not dependent on the proc-co-efficient of skills

The damage bonus is too unreliable.
It would be cool to have an item that causes you to take x Frost Damage everytime you use a Frost skill or something like that, but without that, this is not that useful although the damage multipliers is high.

If anything, it would create much more RNG and Rift Fishing for people who wanna be on the leaderboards.

This is fine imo, but in the current state that D3’s itemization is in right now, it is not really useful. If it would be another game or in D4, this would be perfectly fine.

Maybe simply add ‘Cold Damage increased by 30%’ to it or ‘for each xx Cold Resistance you have, your Cold Damage is increased by 1%’, or something else that is Cold Damage related.

=====================

I think I will stop here for now and review the rest later.
Good read so far! Thank you!

3 Likes

That sent me for a loop first at too, I was like you can get billions of XP very quickly. But I think they are referring to +XP secondary on gear, not actual XP earned. That being said, you can have 260*13 = 3380 +XP per kill, so that would be a 6760% damage bonus if fully maxed. That’s starting to get into the ballpark of many 6p bonuses (and possible to combine with a lot of full 6p sets still), so is probably way too strong for a 3p bonus.

1 Like

I hate every single one of his ideas. He took useless items, poured dev time into them…and they were still useless.

He should have worked in D3 classic, the leg system was all about useless junk.