Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

Thanks for the lists and I’d like to add a few suggestions of my own -

Blackthorne’s Battlegear:

2 Piece:
Nephelam Glory globes have a chance to drop when you hit enemies and increase your damage vs elites by 10% per Nephelam Glory stack.

3 Piece:
While under the effects of Nephelam Glory, you become immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plagued monster affix ground effects and gain 50% movement speed.

4 Piece:
Increase your damage done and reduce all damage taken by 20% for each Nephelam Glory stack.

5 Piece:
While under the effects of Nephelam Glory, increase all your non-ability, item based damage by 25,000%.

Comprehensive suggestions to existing legendaries that need it:

Suggestions to outdated crafted sets:

Would be nice if you could implement this 1:1 into the next season. (Ofc let us test all the stuff on PTR first, so numbers can be adjusted). :wink:

Now that legendary items drop as candies from pinatas, would be great to have salvage all legendary items (with exclusion of ancient and primal) option at blacksmith.

2 Likes

That would be a downgrade imo.
More items should have qualifiers for when their bonus applies, to be better at being “gameplay changing”, as I believe was originally the goal for legendaries.
The whole point of that item is that you should worry about being hit.

While I would be quite happy with reducing the set sizes (since sets in D3 are awful, so anything that makes them take up less item slots is good), you would most certainly have to make it impossible to gain the effects from 2 different class sets in such a scenario.

Because resources were supposed to be limited.
Oh well. RIP resource system.
(I am not necessarily against resource globes, though it should be a build choice then, something that reduces your power in other ways. Like make it gear affixes, passive skills etc. For D4 it could be interesting).

That would be good. Should probably also cut the power of the skills in half however.
Also, the cooldown on the skills should only start after the effect runs out.

Some follower legendaries:

Ring:
Enemies hit by a follower takes 50% more dmg for 3 seconds from the same dmg type (fire, lightning etc.)
(so a follower using a lightning sword, would make enemies take more lightning dmg etc. Also affected by their dmg skills of course)

Amulet:
Follower gets an aura
Templar: Might - Players affected deal 30% more dmg to enemies within 20 yards, chance to stun enemy for 1 second on hits.
Enchantress: Holy Freeze - enemies affected attacks 20% slower and deals 20% less dmg. Has a chance to randomly freeze enemies for 1 sec
Scoundrel: Blessed Aim - Players affected deal 30% more dmg to enemies at least 20 yards away, chance to stun enemy for 1 second on hits.

(alternatively, just have 3 items, so people can mix aura and follower as they want - though I’d be fine with having some consequence to which you use)

(and immortal followers should become baseline, so the other follower unique items could get some use)

2 Likes

I think follower specific legendary is a very good idea. It will help close the gap between solo and group play.

I think Templar should be a healer and defend buff.
Enchantress should damage and debuff enemy.
Scoundrel should be about control impair and speed buff.

1 Like

I get the idea and I agree that everyone should have a specific roll, but I think that the Enchantress should be about CC’s and debuffs, while the Scoundrel should be the damage dealer and also increase your damage.

Maybe it also could be made that we can have all three followers with us all the time, either by default, or by equipping a legendary ring that allows us to do so.

Maybe Unity had to change a bit because of that so you don’t just get 75% damage reduction from it in solo (not sure if that would be a good thing or not.

Unity

• 50% of the damage you take is instead transferred to everyone in your group who also wears this rings and the damage that is transferred is split evenly among them.

That way, regardless of how much people (or followers) in your party are wearing the ring, you still only get 50% DR from it.

1 Like

This is my wish list for 2.7

1. A close button for GR if is a very bad map.
  2. Ancient cow portal with more pools
  3. Blacksmith update
    3.1. auto burn white, blue and yellow items when you pick up
    3.2. empower creation of items to make ancient easily but more expensive
  4. Jewelry update
    4.1. More sets like Cain
    4.2. new level of gems
    4.3. extract caldesann of item
  5. Mystic update
    5.1. new transmogs
    5.2. more colors
    5.3. create wings
  6. Add t17, t18, t19, t20
  7. Update Ubers for more challenge
  8. Balance to all classes
  9. Follower update
    9.1. Follower exclusive items
    9.2. caldesann can give more power to follower
    9.3. follower now can work like a second cube with items
  10. Now we can buy tabs with real money
  11. Primal vault
  12. Primal cow level with ultimate boss fight all bosses at same time
  13. Cow level can be closed
  14. Max level of GR is increased to 175
  15. Balance with never used legendary items
  16. Blackthorne update
  17. Cube recipe for upgrade old items (only primal)
4 Likes

It’s needed. Cuz when krinder shot was created we didnt have a lot of set bonus. After that all spender got boosted by a lot to be viable. So it make total sense to boost it.

2 Likes

Problem imo is, in D3 the only thing the followers can really offer, that players care about, is player dmg, and to a lesser degree, player survival. There is no way Blizzard will manage to make followers valuable on their own, they will only be buff/debuff machines (hopefully in D4 they can be something more).

If one follower buffs your dmg, another buffs your survival, and a third CC enemies, my assumption would be that nearly everyone pick the dmg one, some pick the survival one, nobody picks the CC one.
So I’d rather see it be 2 dmg dealers and 1 survival buffer. With the survival buff being substantially larger than the dmg buff, in an attempt to balance it out. All 3 could offer CC too, as they do with the amulet above.

Of course, their actual skill set should still be about healing, CC etc., as they are now. Making immortality baseline for the followers would allow us to use the follower items that lowers CD on their skills, so their “class fantasy” roles would be strengthened.
Might be a good idea to buff the followers skills too. But in the end, I bet only stuff that directly buffs the player will really matter.
And since D3 is all about the loot hunt, it seems reasonable to add follower power through new items, and not through their skill set, which is already fully unlocked during lvling.

1 Like

I also feel that follower’s skill number should be adjusted further or higher too.

1 Like

I would pick the Survival one.
Templar tanks and holds stuff in melee range away from ranged classes and heals.
Nothing beats that at the moment.

Maybe the Enchantress could also give you resource regeneration, reduced cooldowns and maybe even CC Immunity.

It might be worth considering to give every follower its own baseline aura:

• Scoundrel: ~5-10% increased attack speed and 10% increased movement speed (can go over cap)
  • Templar: regenerates 2% life every second and increases armor, resistances and life by ~2-10%
  • Enchantress: CC Immunity, increased resource re-/generation and 8% coodown reduction, you can move through enemies unhindered, or gain x% of your life as energy shield that replenishes over time

Or something like that.
I know, some of these things are already on the followers as an option, but maybe they can be baselined (as in an aura) in a way and be made more powerful?!

2 Likes

Nice insight, which make me think that all follower should have both defend and an offend buff. We can also let them include a utility skills and make them do best at what they did.

Offend:
Templar - elite damage buff (RGK)
Enchantress - area damage buff (mobs killer)
Scoundrel - attack speed (speed farming)

Defend:
Templar - CC immunity and redirect 50% damage to hit
Enchantress - increase armor and all resistance
Scoundrel - control impair and dodge chance

Utility
Templar - healing
Enchantress - group monster
Scoundrel - increase movement speed

With this changes, maybe armor should also save follower option.

3 Likes

Yeah that would be nice.

Not sure if you can change follower in the middle of a GRift? Might have to prevent it at least, if their buffs were powerful enough to make it worth going for mobs killer and switch to RGK at the boss.

+1 for the effort on this fine topic;

my take on your opening:

it doesn’t have to be.

not all players, many play solo…or MP.

i agree.

now i explain my reactions:
-in an aRPG, i don’t mind roles, like tank, healer, cc, DPS, etc.
-that’s why i asked for more transparency about roles and balancing.

-so solo players or MP-DPS’ers can choose, wich classes to play.
-and the devs have a way, to explain and defend their balancing solutions better. :statue_of_liberty:

Classes should not be confined to specific roles. Not that I think A-RPGs should have roles (in an MMO sense anyway) to begin with. But if there were, builds should define roles, not classes.
There can of course be roles in the sense of ranged dps, melee dps, single target, aoe etc. but that is more a matter of strengths and weaknesses in a build (everyone do single target dmg, some are just better/worse at it). Should still not be class based. Melee sorcs and Ranged sorcs should both be a thing etc.

• New Goblin that drop bounty mats. (everyone likes goblins)
  • Add bounty mats to Unique (purple) monsters drops. (gives purpose to flavor monsters)
  • Rework one of crafted sets to double those drops. (gear with niche purpose is nice)
5 Likes

I like this one, I dislike how our only method of getting bounty mats are from bounty and challenge rifts. I think there should be more methods of getting them but leave bounty runs as the most efficient way to farm them. Perhaps something like starting at T6 RG would drop 1 random bounty material upon death to like T16 that would drop 5 random bounty material.

We don’t need a new goblin for that. We like a few goblin versions that has special power. Maybe one of them can play the role of dropping bounty mats.

Good idea. The purple monster with a special name is actually terrible than your generic elite/champion monsters when it comes to a reward.

1 Like

Agreed. Personally, I say they should just have the Menagerist, Odious, Malevolent Tormentor, Insufferable Miscreant, and Gelatinous Sire Goblins drop bounty mats. If not all of those goblins, then at least the Odious Goblins should drop bounty mats.

1 Like