Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

That’s a worse change.

1 Like

For one build, yes, maybe, but not for 99% of all others.

Invokers can get 15% cooldown reduction or whatever they lost from the set.

Nah. Better to leave it in weapon, and have attack speed in helm. Maybe just leave Ruby alone for the XP grind. I mean, it’s useless 99% of the game, but whatever.

Ruby is basically useless for grinding XP, since starting at level 60, the amount of XP you get from a ruby in the helm decays to like ~3% or so at level 70.

It is only somewhat useful during leveling.

They could so much better stuff in its place instead.

Same for Gold Find.

Why should Thorns remain on the weapon? It is just one build.

Two classes. Barbarians and Crusaders both get access to Thorns-builds. It is conceivable a LoN Thorns build could be tweaked for Barbarians.

Eventually even 3 with the Thorns minion Necro, but I didn’t play that.

However, as I said, it still can be put into a Helm or an Armor and the sets and passives can make up for this.

Even if it is just for 3 builds, we should left it alone, as it may upset small players.
You don’t feel upset by it, does not means that other player will not be upset.

1 Like

Sure, but the question is, “is it worth it?”.

Regardless of what you do or don’t do, it will upset players.
You also could say that if you leave Thorns on the weapon slot for the Topaz, it will also upset some players.

Certainly the game has a lot of old, weak and long-disused damage … on all characters. To top it all off, there are a large number of legendary items without legendary features. There it will take a lot to pull and balance the game.

Eh, changing something vs doing nothing causes different problems, even if players are annoyed by the change, they’re not the same disturbance. I think you’d need to change the platform a bit, I believe a better solution might be letting Gift be used on offhands and making new Gem attributes rotate and but allow for offhands to pick up some of the utility to balance it out.

See Post for suggestions -

1 Like

Indeed, it will cause disturbances regardless of you doing something or you doing nothing. They are different kinds of disturbances, but still the question is if it is worth it.

I like this idea a lot.

Imo sockets should not be in the normal affix pool, but rather a separate thing and always spawn on the items that can have them (or the smith should be able to add them).

In D3 I also miss that gems have a different function in jewels and off-hands.
I made a concept art many month ago of how that could look like if it were different from the beginning:

https://i.imgur.com/vxNiCtz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ufD0VZB.jpg

What do you mean with ‘rotate’ in this context?
That they are different every season, or that you wanna swap them?

I like this!

But I would add that you should replace DEX, STR and INT from the gems with other, more interesting things, maybe like Energy Shield, Dodge Chance, etc.

But overall the concept and your suggestions are good!

2 Likes

I merely meant shifting what’s there instead of removing pieces that people use, like Thorns makes more sense in offhand, etc.

1 Like

I agree that Thorns makes more sense in the off-hand (or even on armor).
I was suggesting to move Thorns to the Helm under the assumption that they keep the current division of Weapon/Helm/Other.

If they could, they should probably divide “Other” into Armor (which would include Chest Armor and Pants) and Jewelry (Rings and Amulets) as well, but I doubt that this would happen.

lil fix for Bottomless Potion of Fear

Bottomless Potion of Fear - Fears enemies within 15 yards for 3-5 seconds. The range of this effect is increased by 50% of your gold pickup radius.

and suggestions for new ones potions by analogy with Bottomless Potion of Fear

Bottomless Potion of Freeze

Bottomless Potion of Blind

Bottomless Potion of Immobilize

Bottomless Potion of Knockback

Bottomless Potion of Charm

Bottomless Potion of Stun

Bottomless Potion of Dance (causing enemies to jump)

1 Like

Are you out of your mind? That’s 7 new items that are totally irrelevant. An incredible waste of dev time.

1 Like

I’m not insisting I’m just suggesting :stuck_out_tongue:

but i really want Bottomless Potion of Freeze :slightly_smiling_face:

That one might be useful. What do you want it for? Necromancer? Still, I’d prefer the simply fixed something like Frostburn.

ahhh :unamused: nerd :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

well, yes. And class clown. Pretty smart and pretty nice; It doesnt work :stuck_out_tongue:

This would be my suggestion for gem shuffling. I agree that we should be able to use gift on off-hand. If not then I think they should increase the limit of the socket on offhand to 3(without the new off-hand effect).

AMETHYST:
Helm - 23% Life
Other - 280 Vitality
Weapon - +28,000 Life Per Hit
Offhand - +35,000 Life Per Second

DIAMOND :
Helm - Reduces Cooldown of all skills by 12.5%
Other - +78 Resistance to All Elements
Weapon - +30% damage versus elites
Offhand - +2800 armor

EMERALD:
Helm - 50% Control and impair reduction