Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

Making the game more fun and interesting than whatever the current version of D3 is.

This DH patch was big disappointment for me as DH only player. I did not play game for 1+ months.

Non season is ghost town and DH is out of meta.
Impale not getting any invites for BK spot.
GoD “speed” runns are non existent in non season and are far behind Rat Runs.

Can’t find normal group as DH for GRs.

1 Like

You’re playing a game that’s been out for 8 years… The playerbase is down to 1/1000th of what it used to be. 90% of those remaining only play with a specific set of other people. If this game were on steam and you clicked on the steam stats graph, you’d likely see this game peak out at 10k concurrent players for the day(worldwide).

Of the people that still play the game, the majority are of a very specific subset of gamers and are extremely min/max oriented. Minimize effort in playing a character, maximize dps/tankiness/speed/etc.

If you had two builds to pick from that can both push the exact same GR level, 99 times out of 100, people are going to pick the easier to play of the two. The one with less micro-management and that they can spend 75% of their time holding one button down…

There’s a 100% chance that half of what you said is half as much as people read but only 20% of the words made up 1/5th of what you were saying. I agree 25% with what you said because a quarter of me is really into specific numbers.

Maybe I’m the 1% but I only play classes and builds I like to play for any time long enough that it takes me to figure out if I like it. I spend a decent amount of time altering builds or making up my own versions of something as well.

Please, Devs, make Secondary characteristics GREAT! (again? :thinking: finally! :smiley:)

The Grandfather - Your damage increased by your percentage of Life. Each indestructible (Ignores Durability Loss) item increases your Armor by ??%.

Blackguard - Increases your damage and duration of control effects by your percentage of reducing duration of control impairing effects.

2 Likes

Those are neat ideas!

Finished my suggestion of legendary gem.

1 Like

Fretting over getting the right secondary rolls is a pain. I would only be ok with this if it interacted with the shoulders that made everything indestructible.

this is justified pain :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes this affix should work with Spaulders of Zakara

for example: you can put in cube The Grandfather and Spaulders of Zakara

or you can put in cube only The Grandfather and try to find/reroll Ignores Durability Loss in secondary (thus freeing up space in the cube for the armor slot)

hardcore building = better profit :yum:

Chanon Bolter - Your Spike Traps lure enemies to them and deals ???% more damage. Enemies may be taunted once every 3-5 seconds.

rename please Trag’Oul Coils - Spike Traps gain the Impaling Spines rune and are deployed twice as fast

I still miss the sticky trap rune :confused:

1 Like

Agree!! Trag’Oul Coils should be a necromancer item.

suggestion:

Flawless Royal Emerald +12.5 Attack Speed instead +41% Extra Gold from Monsters

Flawless Royal Ruby +26% Area Damage instead +41% Experience

Good suggestions, but I worry making Area damage an option in socketing helms is just too good. Numbers seen about right.

1 Like

yeah, if anything it should be an option for weapon sockets.
It should replace Thorns on Topas for weapons.

Emeralds and Rubies also could have other affixes in the helm (aka replace XP and gold find).

Area damage could also remove life per hit in weapon. Because, I think weapon gem effect should be damage related and helm should be related to utility.

I would give players a choice on whether they wanna have something offensive of defensive in their weapon, so Life per Hit makes perfect sense for the weapon spot.

I don’t consider Life per Hit utility, but rather sustain, which is a subcategory of defense. But that is just the definition I use.

For a helm, maybe something like Life per Second would make more sense.

LpS is like your body regenerating, while LpH is more like you (or your weapon) leeching life with your attacks, which is why I think that LpS fits better on armor (helm or other items) and LpH fits better on a weapon).

And speaking of Area Damage, Area Damage is in need of a more severe redesign due to the problems with lag and the playstyle (piling up large amounts of enemies) that it causes.

There have been a few threads within the last week or so where people shared ideas on how to change Area Damage.

imo Area Damage should only hit up to +4-5 additional enemies around the initial target, but not every single enemy within the radius. That would severely reduce the lag.

Its damage then maybe has to be buffed or the proc chance increased from 20% to 100% to compensate for that.

So Invokers lose 38,000 thorns from their builds because?

… they are just one build and they can get it from another gem in the Helm, e.g. replace Gold Find in the Helm with Thorns.

We could even think about replacing INT, DEX and STR on “Other Items” with affixes like Armor, Thorns, Energy Shield, Life Regeneration, or even things like Movement Speed and Increased Maximum Resource.

That would be very interesting, I kind of like the itemization of wolven. Armor, Health, all resistance, energy shield could all be used as defense state.

It would be more interesting then affix like 50-80% damage reduction on most of diablo item.

1 Like