Patch 2.7 re-balancing mega wish-list

absolutely like this idea! :smiley:

how about this:

Mempo of Twilight - Critical Hit Chance increased by your percentage of Attack Speed.

P.S. so many CapCrims style :thinking:

2 Likes

I often think about Mempho. A legendary property on a helm is generally worth 12.5% CDR, 20% elemental damage, something fairly trivial.

I’d actually throw Area damage on this.

Broken Promises - After 5 consecutive non-critical hits, your chance to critically hit is increased to 100% for 3 seconds.

plz Devs transfer 5% CHC from the Character to the Paragon (10% CHC for 50 points instead 5% CHC for 50 points) or if this impossible…

… fix like this:

Broken Promises - After 1 consecutive non-critical hits, your chance to critically hit is increased to 100% for 3-5 seconds.

Um, ~99% uptime? my first thought is that’s effectively a legendary that adds an insane amount of critical hit chance (like 95% at maximum). First instinct is to recoil in fear. I think that’s more far powerful then ~50% more damage, the standard ring multiplier.

new cosmetic suggestions:

Helm that looks like a Cuddle Bear’s head

Shield that looks like a turtle shell

cowabunga! :smiley:

XelNagaIvan,
You’ve clearly put a lot of effort into this. Over the years, I’ve made some suggestions about many various things, but since you’re making more progress than most ever do, I’ll throw up some of my suggestions from my post history. Something tells me that at some point there will be a new thread called “Patch 2.7.1 wish-list”. I also have a feeling that you’re the kind of person that keeps a Word document of running ideas. Feel free to take whatever you like from below if you like it.

Smoldering Core:
Every second, gain 50% increased damage for your next Meteor. Stacks up to 20 times.
Note: Meteors spawned by Tal Rasha benefit from stacks, but triggering them does not reset the stacks. This is an alternate way to incorporate SoJ, since the playstyle would involve using a different element every 2 seconds to spawn a juiced up meteor.

Skycutter:
Summoned angels now do damage closer to those spawned by the S18 theme

Band of Hallow Whispers
Significantly increase haunt rate, and benefits from equipped rune. Also synergizes with Haunting Girdle. (Should be a viable option for Jade, and a decent leveling tool for all classes)

Devastator
20-35% to cause an earthquake when attacking
(barbarians gain rune benefits, should be viable for MotE, and good for leveling all classes. Effect could also be moved to Sunder)

Sledge of Athskeleng
Boulder’s from Boulder Toss can bounce up to 4 times
(This is intended to be used with your idea for Dread Iron. The damage dealer could either be Avalanches caused by bouncing boulders, or by the boulders directly)

Firebird ideas: Fix for Firebird

2 Likes

Love the suggestion for

I like the gameplay for firebomb, it is nice to see that the mechanism is used for something good.

This should work really nice with fast attack build, maybe we can use it with the frenzy build to trigger the hard cc for double damage and grouping. If it is so than I would give it Chilling Earth rune as well, so that it could also be used with Cave-In. Making it the offhand choice, freeze and grouping enemy would make a huge QoL improvement for the frenzy build.

I love this suggestion, but in the same time I think this will need some fine-tuning. Because the angle is dealing tonnes of damage. It will be very op if the up time is high. I think if we want this Item to be a RGK support, then maybe we can make it so that angel will be summoned when you first hit the rift guardian.

However, it will still mess with the meta group. Now, one of the support would have to carry this item.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

Tuning would be needed for sure. I actually wasn’t thinking that this would end up in the RGK meta. After fiddling with the wording, I left it as “closer to” instead of “equal” to the S18 damage.

I think there’s a sweet-spot where the angels hit hard enough to be useful for any builds that lack single-target DPS, but not as strong as they were in S18. The idea would be that any build that has good AoE, but poor single-target, and also has a weaponslot to spare, would seriously consider this over Furnace.

2 Likes

I think that would be the sweet sport to it.

It is a shame to see so many proc effect to go to a waste. I think a lot of proc effect can use a update. I think at least we can make it on bar with funace.

For example
Odyn Son: lighting skills hve 34% chance to Chain Lightning deal 150% damage of the lighting skill that trigger it.

This can be roughly translated to 50% increased damage when using lighting skill.

Not as much as you might think.

A standard build with an off-hand is 64% CHC and 480% CHD (or 530% with Witching Hour) at max rolls. If you instead had basically full uptime on 100% CHC, it’d be a (1+1.00*4.8)/(1+0.64*4.8) = 42.4% dps boost over a regular crit build. Of course, you’d also recover some affix rolls you could use for things like area damage. The CHC roll on bracers isn’t worth much (just a bit of toughness), but you’d gain 5 affix rolls in good slots (off-hand, gloves, both rings, amulet) that all have fairly high value since you could grab things like AD/CDR/RCR.

It’s worth a bit more for dual-wield, which run up to 54% CHC and 610% CHD (or 660% CHD with Witching Hour). For dual-wield, 100% CHC is worth (1+1.00*6.1)/(1+0.54*6.1) = 65% boost. Plus the affixes.

So a little under 50% straight damage with an off-hand, around 65% for dual-wield. And then ~5 additional affix rolls.

Maybe a bit too strong, particularly for dual-wield, but it honestly wouldn’t be that much worse than CoE. It would probably replace CoE in most builds, but it wouldn’t necessarily be any more game-breaking than CoE is.

1 Like

Those 5 extra affix rolls are in addition to the 42% damage, though, aren’t they? it many cases, it would convert to straight area damage. How much is 100% more area damage worth?

Like, a HELL of a lot, depending on density.

Yeah, definitely. To be fair, it’s probably not 100% AD though, as many builds would already have AD in those slots, at least rings and maybe gloves and/or off-hand anyway. Unless it’s a build with really high CDR or attack speed requirements, anyway.

Many builds would realistically be gaining more like 40-60% AD. Which, granted, still would bump this above CoE.

I mean, I’d love to see it competitive. But that affixes just feels brokenly good. I’m even question while you think it’s only 6 affix slots. You gain a 7th on helm, too! Gloves, two rings, helm, offhand, bracers and amulet.

I also would love to see a weapon that procs Earthquake on attack / on hit.
That weapon maybe should have been Blade of the Tribes, since it already procs EQ and Avalanche when using War Cry and TS, and gives it EQ 300% increased damage, but it still would be awesome to a weapon that actually proc EQ and Avalanche on hit.

I hope you can read this as well.

Is it possible for the developers to bring back the original Primal (30% stronger than Ancient) and combined it with current Primal (Perfect/Maximum Value) so we can get a Primal 3.0 where it is stronger than Ancient and it rolls Maximum value as well. This will befitting for an ultimate endgame gear for everyone.

Primal is supposed to be endgame loot hunt but the current Primal 2.0 is just not enticing enough for many players to hunt it because it gives little upgrade for your character, especially when getting a almost perfect Ancient is easier than hunting a Primal that has lowest drop rate in the game.

However, if the Primal itself is stronger than Ancient by 30% and roll at maximum value, I am pretty sure most of the players here will die for it.

Either way, I feel that Primal needs some changes to be attractive to hunt for.

Most people stopped their loot hunt after they completed their Ancient + Caldesann Despair because Primal isn’t just worth the time and effort to hunt for many.

1 Like

This is terrible. This is just needless creep - and an even more frustrating loot hunt. No.

But don’t misunderstand, do primals need tweaking? absolutely. They are supposed to be this fun, exciting jackpot moment, but where the prize is usually “please play again.” Best case, is primals without affixes no longer drop, or Primals can be a reagent.

1 Like

Except for offering more power to the players, I don’t see there is another way to make Primal attractive for mass to hunt it.

Random example on how to tweaking Primal without give power:

• Salvaging Primal now gives 1000 FS? So you can reforge it again? Meh.

• You can reroll 2 or more affixes for Primal? Good if your Primal is terrible rolled. Useless if your primal is well-rolled.

It is either increases the primal drop rate significantly so it is easier for mass to hunt or retain the current Primal drop rate but gives more power to the one who found it. Rarity = Power.

30% stronger than Ancient is the most basic you can get for making Primal attractive. If you don’t like raw power increment, there is another way to translate the power into something else:

• Primal’s power could be additional affixes for Primal item (5/2 instead of 4/2)

• Primal doesn’t bound by 4/2 rule so you can get 6 primary affixes (e.g. Main Stat, CD, CC, CDR, Socket, Vit in one Primal)

• Primal increase Caldesann Despair power by 7.5 (Lv100 Gem = 750 Main Stat instead of Lv100 = 500 Main Stat)

• Equipping 1 Primal gives 1% MS, so 13 Primal gives 13% MS, so your character MS will be 38%

and etc…

If you have any better idea for tweaking Primal without involving power and still be attractive to hunt, please share it with us.

I played with Broken Promises with Gears on DH, it’s actually quite nice. It definitely feels like there is some internal cooldown and it suffers between groups a little since your DPS waves up and down like a mini CoE and you usually kill on the proc. With testing, SoJ/Broken wasn’t quite as good as F/R but it definitely could compete against CoE with the right gear setup on the right build. Non-AOE abilities are perfect platform for it.

I would like to see primal ancient become something like mythic item in diablo 4. According to blizzcon, Mythic items can roll up to 4 legendary affixes. However, each character can only equip 1 and only 1 mythic item.

I think primal should drop with one random characteristic instead mainstat, but we anyway can roll mainstat if we need