Patch 2.7 notes to drop soon?

We’re midway through the Season. We should be seeing notes within the next couple of weeks, I’m guess.

I’m going to venture to my that drop on the 28th.

1 Like

I’m expecting the first or second week of September, honestly.

I’d bet it will be quite some time yet, with all the ‘expected’ changes to multiple sets and items? End of September at the earliest.

Soon.

With all the pandemic, I bet S21 will last longer than it should; at least 1 month longer if not 2.

2 Likes

This season cannot end fast enough!

13 Likes

For the record, the expected end of the season is Sunday, September 13th @ 5 PM PDT. It could be extended to no later than Sunday, October 26th @ 5 PM PDT. A scenario in which S22 starts on Halloween @ 5 PM PDT. Possibilities are endless and Blizzard sets the calendar.

Slightly offtopic…

I wonder why people think the version will be 2.7 when it’s more likely to be 2.6.10. Generally when the second number increases, there will be some major features added. Since we’re likely to get balance changes only, there’s no reason why the version would be 2.7.

Now back to topic. S21 has already been confirmed to be extended slightly but how much remains to be seen. I hope we get the patch notes soon.

7 Likes

I haven’t seen this anywhere.

Also I was just having the same question, whether it’s going to be 2.6.10 or 2.7.
I expect the latter mostly due to being optimistic we’ll get A LOT of balance changes.

I also was under the impression season 21 will end earlier with all the theme backlash.

Read the stickied topic about double bounties. CM mentioned the slightly extended season due to the changes to PTR timetable.

2 Likes

found it. Missed it the first time. Still seems silly to extend s21 since this one it seems has had the most hated season theme so far but w/e

2 Likes

For the same reason why there was a patch 2.6 after 2.5.9…

They wouldn’t announce major changes to 2.7 patch coming to the next PTR otherwise…

If they went with 2.6.10 than they might as well made 2.6.11 till 2.6.99 which honestly makes no sense at all and you would probably see D4 released before 2.7 comes live…

3 Likes

Historically the next PTR starts about a month before the next season starts. Seeing as we’re one and a half month into S21 , we most likely won’t see PTR until September.

What would be nice still would be if we get the patch notes soon , at least we could start discussing on them and provide feedback beforehand.

As it was pointed out to me, Blizzard already has a history of X.X.9 → X.X.10 patches in WoW and other games. They don’t have to push out a major content update just because of the numbers.

I don’t think they did announce “major changes”, they just said “extending PTR testing timelines prior to each new season going forward”.

I don’t think so. After patch 2.4.3 they went straight to 2.5.0. I think they progress the second digit when there’s a major update, completely independent of the numbers.

1 Like

The last 3 patches were class-focused, with 2-3-2 new sets. This next patch will be a general rebalance and gameplay patch. 2.7 seems more fitting for that by a long margin.

1 Like

It won’t be 2.7. Those are reserved for major content patches.

I’ve called it just “S22”

I hope s22 comes earlier, so that if I don’t manage to achieve my stretched paragon target in s21 due to real-life work, I can attribute it to a shorter than expected s21 :laughing:

Lets see. I suppose only one of us will be correct.

1 Like

At the end of the day, the patch number is not terribly relevant. Irrespective, I think it was patch 2.6.4 that changed each class’s 6 piece set bonuses.

3 Likes

It honestly would just be easier to call it 2.7

I’m hoping they will call it 2.6.5.4.3.2.1.0#2020sux

3 Likes