Patch 2.6.9 PTR Notes -- DH buffs?

It’ll actually be even harder, since they added another variable roll on it.

Assuming you want everything you want now (cold/lightning + IAS/CHC/Impale), but then a good (95+%) affix roll on top of that, and assuming the affix roll range follows a uniform distribution over it’s range (I think that’s the case for every D3 affix), it’ll be roughly 5x as hard to get a good one now.

For every one you get with the correct element + proper rolls, it’ll only have a 1/5 chance of rolling 95+% on the affix.

The lower value on the affix roll means that each point is worth a sizable amount of effective DPS, too. When it’s a 400% multiplier, an extra 1% on the affix isn’t worth that much in relative terms. When it’s a 100% multiplier, an extra 1% is worth a lot more in relative terms. E.g. a 100% HPS would be 14.3% more DPS than a 75% HPS. It’s going to be fairly important to get a good affix roll.

They need to add guaranteed CHC to HPS or something. It’s going to be so hard to get a good one.

3 Likes

It’s nice to see some DH changes, and cool with a new set.
I am happy with anything at this point.
But I am still a bit sad UE MS is not buffed this patch either.

Oh well, looking forward to playing a Impale build next season.
Been playing Barb 2 seasons in a row now so it is time to return to my favourite class.

2 Likes

It is not enough. 4.41GRs buff for RGK is not enough.

2 Likes

They are probably thinking of Impale DH RGK with SOJ + SQUIRTS + COE but last time I tested it I could not not keep SQUIRTS up in 148s.

1 Like

It’s this that sounds really interesting tactically.

Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While casting Strafe, you move faster per stack of Momentum.

Your strafe consists of using any of the primary DH skills.

• Hungering Arrow
  • Entangling Shot
  • Bolas
  • Evasive Fire
  • Grenade

New primary skill set (of questionable strength) + buff to old build (Shadow/impale of 4.5 GRs)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it means that when wearing SoJ you get +XX% elemental damage to all elements, equal to the highest element you have on your gear. For example:
When wearing SoJ w/ 40% fire dmg on your gear, all elements: fire, cold, phys, and lightening now deal 40% damage.

2 Likes

Exactly. They also changed the wording to make it clear that this buff does not work with CoE. As you can imagine, if SoJ worked with CoE (without any other elemental damage on other items), then it would be a constant 200%.

1 Like

Hopefully they lowballed the buff so they can increase it mid patch and not have the blowback they would received by overpowering and then having to nerf.

1 Like

In that case (and I agree with your reading), I must ask…what is the point of this? You lose a ring (though you gain 20% elemental damage) in order to…be able to stack fire damage on non-fire builds? It seems to relate more to gearing ease than ultimate output.

For the new SoJ, I wonder if it is for builds that use more than 1 element type to do damage.

But does any build in the modern D3? Every build uses 1 skill, so how can that even be? Maybe…Tal Rasha’s? But the passive rainbow meteors arent the damage source anyway.

SOJ function:

Highest of type X means everything will be as high as that, correct?

15 fire, 15 lightning, 40 cold, 60 physical will result in 60 for everything.

Yes, 60% for all in your scenario.

Could it be simply to allow you to get more %element by stacking fire everywhere (ie. magefist and cindercoat) to get for example %cold which is what your skill does. Since Fire is by far the element you can stack the most, it’s easier than to release several other pieces of gear for every other element to compensate.

2 Likes

This was my initial thought also.

I’m a big fan of LoD builds, and this looks pretty good from that perspective.

Free’s up your runes a little. They just need to balance those out now and we get some diversity.

1 Like

But does it work with M4 now?

And why SoJ like that? Just change the stat to either physical or elemental damage, then its all universal.

Dieoxide is going to talk about the patch notes now on stream:

This sounds like what they might intend with this. May make the cindercoat+magefist) combo much more viable for some of LON builds.

And throw on some Swamplands?

IDK, I’m not excited at all about a primary skill set. I was expecting Chakram or Elemental Arrow. To me, it sounds more like a farming set, which we already had in UE. DH is my favorite class and was really looking forward to what we would get and this is the last thing I expected or wanted. I like that Shadow is back in a big way and possibly another RGK. With Sader nerf, could just be DH now. I do like Shadow, but I was really hoping for an exciting set and this ain’t it for me.