The New Gears of Dreadlands Set

Boy I hope you are mistaken on that 5 stack cap. You did predicted a Strafe set though, I remember that thread.

I think how it work is you shoot the first eg bola and it will last 2 seconds and before it expire, you can shoot another bola to build up the stack to 2 i.e 4 seconds. Now you will have fresh 2 second to continue to build up to 3 stacks by shooting another bola. If you decided to stop at 3 stacks and then strafe, you will have 6 seconds of auto shooting of bola at random direction. To maximize damage, I think attack speed is important during this 6 seconds. Maximum 5 stacks i.e. 10 seconds means you have to build up stacks again after it expires.

I may be wrong.

I think the two piece will work like DH Valla of Hots. After you gained the maximum duration to Momentum, you deal 50% increased damage with your primaries. And I guess the 4-Piece refreshes the 2-p. Probably N6-GoD4 turns out to be pretty strong.

Guaranteed CHC on Holy Point Shot please.

Getting a good HPS was already painful enough without a randomized legendary effect roll.

9 Likes

My question is will SoIW and Chakram will benefit from this? I know it will proc Bracers primary buff, guess will see if this translates to this set as well.

Yeah, I had the same thought.

2 Likes

WoW, too many questions from GoD :-

• Can Primary Skill from 4 pcs bonus proc F&R ?
  • Can Primary Skill from 4 pcs bonus proc Simplicity’s Strength (leech) ?
  • Can Primary Skill from 4 pcs bonus get buff from Taeguk while channeling ?
  • Worth to use Deepth Dagger ?

Screwing up :slight_smile:

I had same idea. But Strafe will most probably be able to shoot more projectiles per second than you would be able to shoot manually.

New set is worded so badly that I don’t know if I should be happy or sad. I like it is based around generators. Entangling shot buff (Bow buff) makes you want to use 2 generators in the build and switch between them.

Hungering Arrow RGK? Toughness seems to be a big question mark. We will have to see it on PTR.

1 Like

What am I missing about using 2 generators?

First use Entangling shot Heavy Burden and after that use Hungering Arrow or other DD skill.

Heavy Burden lasts for 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds. So you have full debuff on monsters for whole COE rotation.

Because you can adjust your generators for eadch situation.

Bola for mass kills and pulling.

Hungerin arrow for high single target damage.

Entangling shot for global damage multiplier.

Grenades including with hellcat instead of depht diggers could also work. you lose 100% dmg but would gain a huge area dmg skill with grenades.

This could outperform depth diggers.

I am very very exited about this set and the overall generator buffs.

I see a lot of people mention Buriza. Don’t forget Buriza has internal cooldown. I don’t remember exact value. Maybe you do Mortred?

IF it has, it is nearly non existing.

I made a test a few weeks ago shooting at very tiny enemies and i was always able to have 5 pierces on every target, regardless of size.

(Tested on crouching corpses and skeletons)

1 Like

I think I found a 2-3000% multi that stacks with GoD that might double dip as well, but only uses 1 generator. I’m going to abuse that first.

Buriza has an internal cooldown of 2. So if you attack faster than 2 times a second, then only every other attack will pierce, effectively making it roughly a 100% increase.

One can make a case for slotting buriza and attempting to remain under or at 2 APS with new set.

Number of projectiles fired by Strafe scales with Attack speed.

Due to the awful wording, we don’t know the interaction with strafe/generator yet. Will it fire at strafe’s BP or will it have it’s own cooldown like wizards etched sigil? We don’t know :confused:

We also don’t know if buriza would work with a generator that isn’t shot by your DH since it would be considered a proc, and I don’t think we have a way to test it now before PTR.

Let’s see whether 4pcs bonus is even worth all this raffling. It says

Casting Strafe against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill

So, we can’t just strafe around and kill monsters with automatic primay attacks. We need to target something. With the increased speed, we are almost instantly right in the middle of our Bola-pulled group. But without that much toughness it’s probably hard to survive there.

Maybe the target “snapshots” somehow (that would be nice). But it is also possible that we have to use Strafe just for the toughness and escape.

2 Likes

There are lots of heat seeking mechanics in d3 that attack closest monster/breakable.

I expect this is going to play like a whirlwind machine gunner.

1 Like