Patch 2.6.9 PTR Notes -- DH buffs?

Hi folks. The patch notes are live.

I don’t know the DH class well enough to determine if the incoming buffs are “good enough.” I’d like to hear y’all’s thoughts on the buffs and the new set. To a Barb main, the new set looks interesting, and I’m also happy to see my favorite DH build (Impale) get a buff.

3 Likes

Holy crap. They actually listened to a few things we’ve discussed a ton here in terms of what we lack. It also appears zDH has gotten some nice buffs indirectly.

I’ve always been a fan of DH generators so I’m “fanboying” really hard atm. I’m excited to test the new stuff.

4 Likes

At least the hungering arrow build looks great in comparison to the necro crap…

Yeah, a bolo build looks really cool with new set. Hungering Arrow could be neat too. Definitely have to test this new build out.

The thing is, I think the modifiers are all on the low side given how lackluster the base damage of our generators are.

Even the sets modifier looks really low if we’re supposed to have a generator set.

I’m also wondering if Strafe and the Momentum thing and shooting generators while your strafing all fuel each other.

What I mean is, I wonder if the generators fired from strafe give you Momentum charges? If so, that’s going to be rocking really really hard. I’d love if that’s how it works.

I’m fairly sure that’s the intention, otherwise it would be very clunky to intersperse generators between strafe steps.

Yeah, I think you’re right, but then again, this is the same Blizzard that threw Rend on the Whirlwind set and didn’t fix it until two patches ago, so that’s my only concern.

1 Like

Seems like it’s dead in the water? Wouldn’t UE would be stronger for generators?

Also what’s with the wording on the momentum? Trying to figure out how much of a multiplier it is. Each stack last two seconds but the maximum duration is 10 seconds? Huh? Does that mean it stacks 5x for a maximum duration of 10 seconds, so is a 50% damage bonus?

Also, from the 4p, do primary skill shots go out at your APS, or at the tick rate of Strafe? If it’s at the tick rate, that’s really good. If it’s at your APS, that’s actually kinda bad, specifically because it wouldn’t benefit from the attack speed modifier on Hunter’s Wrath, while UE would.

If it’s not at the tick rate of Strafe, but instead at your APS, UE + Hunter’s Wrath just seems stronger? 1.6*(1+86*3.5) = 483.2. With 10k WD base on the 6p on the new set and say 1.5x from the 2p momentum stacks, it’s just going to be weaker unless primary skills fired by the 4p go out at the tick rate of Strafe instead of at your APS.

Also, holy moley on Odyssey’s End. Did they think that through? That seems insane for zDH.

Theory crafting…

So, we probably can’t use Captain Crimson’s with the set because the belt slot will be taken with Hunter’s Wrath. We’re also probably going to be wearing and cubing Gunes and Cindercoat to help with Hatred while strafing so we can use Seethe.

Am I right?

Shhhhh, that’s our way into the 4 man meta, don’t ruin it! LOL

(j/k sorta)

2 Likes

An additional follow up thought: will primary skills fired by the 4p benefit from AD? Hopefully yes. If not, that’s another argument for UE being stronger.

The only situation I can see where the new set is stronger is if the primary skills from the 4p fire at the tick rate of Strafe and can proc AD. Otherwise the multiplier on UE 6p wins out.

I think the first thing I’m going to test is how cold bolos work with the new set, Leonine Bow and Emminie’s Duffel.

But something else I thought about is we’re definitely going to have to watch out for Sand Dwellers and Dune Dervishes like we do with Shadow with this new set. It’s basically going to be a “quit rift, move on” thing, at least it looks that way to me.

1 Like

Looks like the new set is better as a N6 supplemental 4 piece than as it’s own 6 piece set.

well i can safely soul my primal Emimei’s and Cirri’s now…woot more stash space for that next primal deathseekers cowl!

3 Likes

Sorry, PMG, but I lol’d a little. I’m a little relieved that I don’t have to re-farm my primal DML and Yang’s though.

That means I can safely do some re-forges before the patch drops. Whew!

Shhhhhhh… :). Seeing the Odyssey’s End buff really made me smile.

Couldn’t puzzle that out, either. Same for the wording on the new Stone of Jordan power. Not sure who wrote those affix descriptions, but they are confusing as all get-out.

1 Like

Lets just say they done enough changes to not peg the crafted builds into only one or two build variations. Yes it seems like a lot of the forums comments were listened to. Filthy casual yesterday thought that a strafe build was more likely then Chakram or Elemental so he wins that bet. We end up having a hybrid of what we were all wanting which is different than what we all expected. Being a DH many season I just have to take all the changes in to figure out what will be utilized as a build. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Impale is up with Holy Point Shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still incredibly hard to roll it that with impale with elemental damage you want , but perhaps the 75% to 100% damage boost will be very helpful for sure. :slightly_smiling_face: