Patch 2.6.9 PTR Notes -- DH buffs?

We have to see how this works, because a few unknowns could really make certain combos broken af. Strafe firing Evasive Fire might be odd…

• The Ninth Cirri Satchel
    • Hungering Arrow has 20-25% is guaranteed to pierce and also deals 450-600% increased damage.

infinite Guided Arrow build?

Will look like the nexus of an atom with the bendy heat seeking!:rofl::rofl:

hmmmm…

Gears
Of
Dreadlands

G
O
D

Are the devs secretly telling us something???

1 Like

SHHHHH, I’m trying to trade them for primordial soul, that useless peice of garbage.

Sound like the new set allow us to spam a Primary Skill via Strafe, and use that Primary Skill to proc the 2 pcs bonus. Hope that my guess is right.

I also hope the Primary Skill cast by Strafe will proc F&R and be buffed by Taeguk.

Nevertheless, we will know soon. :slight_smile:

I wish but I guess it’s double damage.

Mate, wtf?? DH section lolz.

Will you be testing on PTR?? My AU clan group seems not as interested… I need to tag along some group. Will test DH/Necro extensively (100+ hrs probably)

It could be also something between “double” and “infinite”. Afaik HA has a maximum travel distance. It could mean that HA pierces as long as this maximum isn’t reached, so that HA works similar to “Overpenetration” from Impale. That would be pretty impressive in larger groups …

1 Like

i was sort of hoping for a few more legendaries to get buffed, like sword of ill will, danettas set, kmar tenclip, vallas bequest, and maybe some reworks on other sets to allow easier combining, like maybe shadow 4p being its 2p, so more sets and builds can get that op perma wings, idk anything about balance though, but a buff to a few more legendaries would be nice, and we still have plenty of time before next season comes so maybe they will buff those during ptr.

i would really like to see danettas set and sword of ill will get buffed, and getting kmar tenclip buffed along with vallas bequest with this new set would be interesting as those are strafe weapons.

I already hear some people going nunts over Entangling shot buff. Some say it is too much. I will explain why it is just fine.

Yes it buffs zDH but it is fine.

Multishot Wind Chill is slowing targets.
Entangling shot is slowing targets.
Bolas best rune is Freezing Strike but it is freezing enemies.

So DH can’t replace Barb for pulling in 4 man party.
DH can’t give shield to trash killer… Trash killer needs Squirts neck up. DH can’t heal you.

So DH can be part of 4 man group as 3rd support only. When we saw 3x support groups? Only with Crusader before nerf and only for 0.001% of GR clears.

So zDH would be buffed for 2 player groups a bit but it would still not be the best support for that.

Huge group of monsters nicely grouped without delay is > 150% DIBS.

Yes, I just hope they won’t nerf this as they did last time…

That’s what I’m thinking also. A ZDH/Sader 2P should run 140’s fairly easily, but I really doubt we’ll get an invite into the 4P Meta.

zDPS Strafe Spearfisher with Entangling Shot and butchers sickle in cube might be neat… 1 proc skill on machine gun auto-fire just grabbing everything it spins past.

I doubt it would be META, but could be a puller.

I am confident that if things stays like this Crusader will be faster on best bosses than Impale DH. Even if DH was a bit faster on best bosses people would go with Crusader because he can kill any RG, even Hammelin no problem.

Crusaders are killing GR 150 RGs in 1:27 with 8K paragons right now.

I feel like we need at least 150% on Holy point shot to be even considered.

That would give us 5.8GRs instead of 4.41GRs.

1 Like

Am not sure how new hungering arrow will work, but back in the days (when we had 4 difficulties) I was running a Hungering Arrow Teeth spray (or w/e the rune was called) and I remember it could pierce enemies multiple times (like champs / elites) based on the chance to pierce. Now that is guaranteed, I have no idea how it will translate into practice.

Me too… Some day…

1 Like

This is very true, people forget how the DIBS category becomes with H90 Falter, Strongarms and everything else. 150% is worth much less.

Probably worth 66.66% in 4-man, but much more in 2-man group compositions.

First thing I’m going to try will be impale swapping out the following:

Old HPS for new HPS (obvs)
Dawn for Odyssey End
Rings for FnR, cubing elusive
Bracers to wraps of clarity

1 Like

You won’t be able to use Odyssey’s End with the Impale build, because Entangling Shot does not work with a melee weapon

2 Likes