Patch 2.6.9 PTR Notes -- DH buffs?

Excuse me but what kind of feedback do you expect.
Everyone said set is doing close to no damage.
Developers knew set is doing close to no damage before giving it to us on PTR.

I am realistic. I expected them to release set that is performing similar to already existing sets for other classes. That was realistic to expect.

We realistically asked for +8GRs to Shadow Impale build… but they gave us +4.41GRs.

I don’t care if they are going to rework the set or not. I could play both variants with Strafe as main damage source and without it.

It is realistic to expect DH to be back in the 4 man META groups after year 2015.

Because it seems they hate DH class too much.

Well, just because everyone say so, it doesn’t mean its correct. By my observations, it is pretty close to the current (unbuffed) S6. I did a GR102 in 8 minutes on the PTR right now with 2 caldessans (100+80) and ~P1250. With S6, I did my first Caldessan after GR 108 (a little bit of fishing was involved). So it needs less than 5 GR buff to be on par with our current sets. That is not “close to no damage”.

Sure, it is not great, and clearly not what we (including me!) expected for the PTR. But it’s not “close to nothing”.

Yes, I also wish we would get a set for GR120+ with low Paragon.

We also asked for buffs for UE, M6, Nat, all of our sets. I do agree with you on that part. I am not happy that we’re not getting buffs for the other builds (well actually, we got one for UE). I am also not happy about another layer of RNG for HPS.

But still, we need to be more constructive with our feedback.

To me honestly it just feels like a Challenge Rift build. Strafe has very little synergy with the set other then provide toughness and shoot bugged primaries. No area DMG, no piercing, no attack speed breakpoint for bolas at least. Let’s hope they fix what is wrong and make it not par with our other sets but much better. I really don’t understand the comparison with our other sets because when you compare DH clears with other classes we’re on Limbo for a long time. Unless you bot and have a paragon 9k account then you’re gonna make those sets shine on 1 GR level above which is still lower than other classes LOL

4 Likes

Why do you compare it to our current sets FFS? in my eyes you just confirmed my statement that it does close to no damage.

That is why you can say that “set needs some more damage”. No it does not need some more damage it needs LOADS of more damage.

People are comparing it to 140+ clears other classes are/where doing. That is why we are pissed.

One more problem that I already gave my feedback on is the fact that Hungering Arrow cold rune is way better than anything else we can play with new set.

There ae two large and fairly consolidated threads about the new DH set.

PTR feedback forum (111 replies, 7th most replied to thread in the history of the PTR although the PTR is less than a week old)

Demon Hunter forum (84 replies, recently moved to PTR feedback forum):

For the Holy Point Shot buff where there is very little to discuss but the magnitude of the buff, there are

General Discussion (65 replies):

PTR feedback (21 replies):

I think that you can show your support there for this build if you choose. As you know the top clears for DH are all rapid fire and impale is much weaker than RF.

2 Likes

I just moved my large DH thread to the PTR feedback forum.

3 Likes

The PTR feedback threads have been acknowledged by PezRadar.

2 Likes

It interests me there is a “team”. The last several sets of patch notes, you get the impression it’s one guy, maybe two; who don’t really play D3 all that much. Certainly not to understand the subtleties of the game; this is how you get misfires like the SoJ affix or TWO sets based on the same spell a la Bone Spear.

1 Like

You know, i was thinking the same thing. I even have the feeling, that with each patch a different person is responsible for the updates

Congratulations DH posters and testers for your efforts during the PTR. Blizzard incorporated at least some of the suggestions. Now, the two top posts in the PTR feedback forum of “all time” (or at least since the new forum started) are DH threads. Each also received a blue post.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/c/ptr-feedback/29/l/top/all

Also, a third thread now ranks as the second most replied to thread of all time in the PTR feedback forum. It too received a blue post.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/c/ptr-feedback/29/l/top/all?order=posts

For me personally, I still hope that Blizzzard will buff HPS to 250-300% before the patch goes live.

4 Likes

Why is your post above mine in the ranking? :angry:

Lol, in the end I just hope they implement at least half of the suggestions in my thread (including the buff to Holy Point Shot).

3 Likes

We shall see; Surprise PTR end does not bode well for last-minute changes and tuning, which were sorely needed.

? Today was the scheduled end of the PTR.

1 Like

Really? I must have missed it. It’s true it’s exactly two weeks since the PTR went live, but I was expecting an extra week for them to get it right. Hope springs eternal.

1 Like

If there is any extra time needed it will be more of a delay to s21 starting after s20 closes June 21st.

1 Like

It wasn’t a surprise, it was announced beforehand that the PTR would end today. Also, the patch won’t go live as is. There will be changes, namely the season theme proccing area damage. S19 patch didn’t go live as is after the PTR ended and neither did season 20. There are almost always tweaks made between the end of PTR and the live patch based on player feedback and PTR testing data.

1 Like

They might rely on nonseason leaderboards for balancing since the seasonal one was skewed with the theme carrying the players (e.g. low paragon zdps doing GR150s lol).

If they use nonseason leaderboards, I hope they do paragon corrections since the GR144 DH clear was done by a paragon 12000+ player! Also, paragon improves damage and toughness at different rates so correcting for paragon isn’t straightforward.

On my own testing and experience, the GoD set needs about +3~5 more GRs to be comparable with top classes such as Crusader and WD. Attaining this would be best with a toughness boost and a minor damage boost to the set (e.g. 80% damage reduction 4-piece bonus, 15000% 6-piece bonus).

I also went into several other aspects and bugs that needed to be addressed (e.g. Dune Dervishes/Sand Dwellers reflecting projectiles, Waller type enemies blocking arrows, Bolas being excessively weak, etc.).

2 Likes

But best communication so far. And no we hear you post. Hope this level of communication will be even more increased.

2 Likes

They do rely on non-season data for balancing as well as season taking the theme into consideration. That’s been well communicated by Blizzard. They use a benchmark of non-season 5k paragon and 135GR with a +/- 3gr margin of error. Anything outside that above needs a nerf and below a buff.

WD nerf will put it back in line with that for the next patch. Crusader could use another nerf. Possibly shield of fury stacking 5 times instead of 10. GoD seems to be performing within the margin of error for those 5k paragon. I honestly don’t think it needs it. Plus GoD is way more fun to play than Heaven’s Fury, IMO.

If anything, bolas could use a buff as it’s underperforming.

1 Like