Patch 2.6.9 PTR has ended!

Eh, same as everyone I guess. I have not been out shopping since early March and finally ran out of milk today. I am mostly a stay at home person any way so this is not really a big deal. Oddly, I seem to game LESS, because I am stressed about family. Heh.

Anyway, now that I know there is no PTR today, I should probably go take a book and a glass of wine to the deck. We have a nice sunny evening that I should enjoy now that we have a decent temp day.

Oh, and I made a huge batch of pot roast with sweet onions, carrots, red wine, thyme, etc. Served with potatoes and green beans. Not a bad way to be stuck home!

Hope you are well too!

4 Likes

Ya I agree! I’d gladly wait another week if they are going to make some wizard changes.

1 Like

Not string us along, we’ll maybe US but EU it’s 00:00 when they let us know we’ve wasted 4 hours waiting and getting ready…

2 Likes

I know that it is not fair for those in other time zones that Blizzard does the releases based on Pacific Time. It is only 3:12pm there and this is about the time it normally comes out. If they could have told you earlier, they would have. They were probably trying to get it going for today, and finally had to simply call it and admit it won’t be out. They don’t like doing that. Hope you can get some sleep at least!

2 Likes

Translation : DH’s became viable for high GR pushing, this was clearly unintended and we have to perform additional nerfs to the class to keep it at the bottom, where it belongs.

8 Likes

Civ6 is beautiful and how they communicate and deliver content is amazing.
We even got a battle royale game mode Civ6 style…
And they announced that for the coming year every two months new DLC and free updates are coming. You can buy the DLC seperately or all at once (and get some extra content).

I mean, i know that they are different companies and different games but i really wish Blizzard would go to Firaxis and learn…

1 Like

yes wizard changes this patch pls, new wiz set is useless

5 Likes

I think that Blizzard and their besties at GGG are just trying to insure that the summer season/league launch on the same day again.

2 Likes

They usually apply this kind of nerf after PTR for the launch to render all PTR testing useless.

Guys, stop being antsy about PTR. Just ignore it. If you test, then anything that works well will be nerfed to the ground, and anything that is bugged will just stay in.

Let them test themselves.

Will blizz be granted refunds to everyone who took off work today? I will accept either credit to blizzard balance or alternatively a 400-600% damage multiplier added to Rhen’ho flayer and Scrimshaw.

1 Like

Are you sure about this? WD and crusaders were still rather strong in patch 2.6.8.

Nah. Translation: devs got the cryptic patch notes as requirement doc and are still trying to figure out what it’s supposed to mean. Like

While you have a Simulacrum, damage is reduced by 50%.

Incoming? Outgoing? Both? Parties?

BX zhen sb,老子裤子都拖了。。。你就给我看这个。。。

1 Like

I am well. Family is well. Worries abound for extended family, my elderly relatives, and a few high school/college friends. The scheduled return to on campus classes in the fall is another worry on the horizon.

1 Like

this totally suck…

1 Like

I’m one of the lurkers in this game of the forums, but jesus christ… What is going on with this game? I completely understand that the devotion and dedication is in for Diablo IV, but that game is not released yet. Therefore, why not continue appeasing your fans on the CURRENT game that is still holding “some” balance of entertainment even if it has gotten extremely stale.

I’m sorry, but throughout all of the issues that has gone on for so long, even watching top Diablo streamers talk and influence Diablo IV, I just don’t know if it’s even going to be as “hyped” or “good” as some people are making it out to be. Especially looking at how Blizzard is in their developmental state of mind with their games.

I seriously hope they pick this up and fast. Legit.

But i went and bought a phone so i can test this!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, with the testing needed, we can’t give an exact date but as soon as I have one, I will come in here and update.

I can safely say that I would not expect it on Monday as that is a federal holiday here in the US. Once I hear more, I will update the group. Apologies again about the delay.

20 Likes

Spicy,
Be very careful what you wish for. I skipped buying Civ 6 because 2k/Firaxis decided to continue to use Aspyr for their Linux port. Unfortutely, Aspyr’s porting of the game has been crappy. They require Ubuntu 16.04. Ubuntu is already on version 20.04, and I don’t use Ubuntu. Worse still one has to use a command line switch to limit the number of CPU cores that Civ 5 (the older game) runs on, otherwise the game will randomly abend. Since, Aspyr refuses to provide any tech support for the Civ5 game if running on anything other than Ubuntu 16.04, it was not worth me giving Firaxis money for the Civ 6 game. So, Civ 5 requires Ubuntu 16.04 and Civ 6 as well? No thanks. If they switched to Feral Interactive I would have gladly given them about $100 for Civ 6 and the DLC goodies. Since EGS is giving it away for free I may as well monkey around with it on Win 10.

Thank you Mr. Radar.