Diablo 3 PTR 2.6.9

No one knows…Its a waiting game atm. Also nothing will happen on monday which is a holiday but anything past that is a sure bet unless something goes wrong again

Oh I agree, America does a lot of things that don’t make sense, but we won’t open that can of worms on the forums. We still use Imperial measurements which make about as much sense as hubcaps on a tractor.

Actually, it’s weekend. Not “week end”. But, it is the end of a business week. Not a calendar week.

By definition, the weekend is the period of time from Friday evening and Monday morning. It is considered the weekend because people look forward to having two days off at the end of the (work or business) week. The work or business week being Monday through Friday. And, in this case, we also have a national holiday.

1 Like

Estimated: Tuesday.
Expected: Wednesday.
Delivered: Thursday.
Up and running : Friday.

( without mentioning a potential second delay hope not. )

3 Likes

Again, look at these…
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2020&country=1 (USA)
https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=2020&country=9 (UK)
Just because the USA and Canada use Sunday as the first day of the week on their Calendars does not mean the rest of the world do.

1 Like

his answer was the best of all

1 Like

The point is that just because something’s normal for the USA doesn’t mean it’s normal for the rest of the world. The USA and Canada are the exceptions here, not the rest of the world.

Now what about all the other countries of the world that don’t do it?

You can talk to the boss, he has a hard time listening to anyone, but your welcome to try. :yum:

Not in some parts of the globe.

It would be better that the devs their time to “fix” the found issues rather than releasing PTR then a lot of problems arise.

I’m expecting it to drop Thursday but hope I’m pleasantly surprised by a Tuesday roll out.

I too wish for a Tuesday release. But this Monday is a holiday; I am not sure if DEVs will work through weekend+holiday monday to give us a bone to pick come Tuesday.

So Blizz, please surprise us all!

1 Like

You have completely missed what I am saying.

First, I never said:

I said just the opposite. On a calendar, in the US, Sunday is the first day of the week, as you show in the first link: Year 2020 Calendar – United States. I went on to explain that the term “weekend” refers to the end of a work week and not a calendar week.

Second, Blizzard is an American company. They are located in the United States. They do business according to local, state and (US) federal law, practices and standards. And they do business during the hours of their time zone and US calendar, which includes observing US national holidays.

I live in the United States. I do not know what the rest of the world does. What I do know is: When Blizzard says something is going to happen during the “Week of 5/24” this is what they mean:

It is up to the “Rest of the World” to understand what that means. And if anyone doesn’t understand it, they can always ask questions.

But, there is no point in arguing about it. Because, Blizzard is going to conduct business according to US standards and not the “Rest of the World” standards.

Addendum

I should log in to the Path of Exile forums and complain about all the typos in their game. Like Armor being spelled Armour, traveling being spelled travelling, etc.  

4 Likes

Yeah, I know…

However, I had a complete brainlet moment in the subsequent post and wrote last when I should have written first. I’ve corrected it.

And those of us in the rest of the world are pointing out that it’s different to how the rest of the world do it, which is why some of the rest of the world might be confused by it.

1 Like

Im sure you work for blizzard…Expected wed? No one knows this is why people get over hyped as well they didnt even give a date…Week of 24th

Well i didnt understand it as well :smiley:

Patch 2.6.9 PTR Begins (Week of 5/24)

Its a bit confusing at for me(EU) to read “Week of 5/24” never seen this type of phrase for weeks.
Why not just type “Delayed PTR begins in 22th week” We all have a calendar, when person sees 24/5 it looks like a date not mark for that week.
But meeeh US whta do you want from ppl who uses imperial system right? :DD

1 Like

Its not confusing at all. It means its going to drop any day of this week which today is a holiday but any days after just watch out for a patch…Could be tues,wed,thurs or fri

LOL is this the rest of the world representation response and you are their spokesman? It will likely drop when they are back in the office after the long weekend Tuesday.

Seems u did not understand what I meant … it means it can be deployed at any day during the week as that’s what they say.

I dont know when PTR will be released… those were predictions, you familar with the word predictions? I guess not.

Predictions and what will happen is totally different also gets people hyped in the forums. Best case just wait day by day sooner or later we will be on it until then just wait.

lol too much this english language debate is getting out of hand . And in the real world everything is subject to change get used to it :stuck_out_tongue: