Patch 2.6.8 Balance changes Nerfs/Buffs

Getting sidetracked again. Blizzard has showed us and told us when they nerf things.

I highly suspect that the timing of the balance blog post and the release of the PTR patch notes are being sync’d because it will have some nerfs in it.

I’ll just speak for myself: I’m not asking for nerfs. I’ve been playing WotW since it came out, and I was running fields of misery with my skorn in vanilla.

But I see where this is going. In the last few months they nerfed 3 builds, and both AoV and WotW are outperforming 3/3.

So I can either dig in on the “don’t nerf us” side, or try to come up with something that will hurt as little as possible. I don’t think there’s any point to option 1.

But option 2 is promising. Adding just 3 words to the legendary power of Ambo’s Pride has the potential to keep it under the speed limit, and also keep 100% of the fun and power for most of the players.

Or, you could just revert the 3 second window in the 4 piece bonus. With Ambos, it’s not needed except for hardcast rend, which is the problem.

2 Likes

Glad some people get it.

Thanks, Green.

Barbs don’t need nerfs. We’re long overdue for our time in the sun.

Here’s hoping other classes get theirs, too–through buffs!

5 Likes

After all those years as soon as you stopped spinning the player was dead meat even to pick stuff up even if it was a Sand-fly baby! That would be a terrible mistake to change that bonus.
Do not ask to change that set bonus, can’t you remember how long it took to get that buff?
Damn I am getting so sick of people calling for Nurfs, especially to Sets that have been under preforming for years, JUST STOP!

3 Likes

Did you read my post?

terrible mistake to change that bonus

Yes, I know the history. I’m throwing out ideas of how we can avoid an actual nerf. You could also just rearrange the 4-piece verbiage to make the 3 seconds apply to DR but not Rend. NBD.

JUST STOP!

Something is going to happen, with or without our suggestions.

3 Likes

You are most likely right.

What bothers me is when posters state/endorse/like comments that simply are factual inaccurate. Some of the claims in this thread are preposterous. One post claimed that barbarians are excluded entirely from the 4 man meta (zDPS barbs called), another claimed that wizard were the top class for 5 years, etc… Difference in opinions is fine. Misinformation is problematic.

See this:

I am not sure why anyone would endorse a class or two to be “absolute GODS” or use that as a justification. Two wrongs do not make a right. Also, wizards have not been “absolute GODS” for 5 years. Propagating misinformation is counterproductive.

You are correct. I personally like the removal of area damage from hard cast rends (help with server lag) or reducing the damage modifier on lamentation to 75% or 100%. 75% and 100% (from 150%) is a very modest ~2.2 GR and ~1.5 GR reduction in DPS, respectively.

4 Likes

Here we are again, nerf, nerf, nerf - only solution is nerf!

Stop it, really. What about buffing rest of classes sets, instead of nerfing good ones? Nerfing classes according to performance in season where season buff have huge impact on high GR clears is bad idea.

3 Likes

They need to nerf in Diablo 3 so people get used to nerfs before Diablo 4 is released.

All the nerf discussed here are only about non seasonal clears.

Nobody here is saying to not buff poorly performing sets, but the end goal is to get all sets to around 140 at 8k paragon (NS), which right now Rend barb and crusader are both way above of.

3 Likes

It’s worth remembering that Micro has already said he has no issue with people being able to solo GR150.

As this point, anything he now says to the contrary, he’s either being a massive hypocrite, or a very bad troll.

3 Likes

Please quote what I said precisely. The idea was to balance solo to the current GR 140 in relation to monster hp and then rescale solo and only solo GRs by about 10 GR levels to bring balance to players in their ability to clear higher GRs whether they choose to play solo or in 4 man groups. If you make it so all classes can solo GR 150 in its current iteration, 4 man meta play would make it even more trivial as it is now where groups are clearing GR 150 in less than 5 minutes in 4 man. For your convenience, I have below:

The link to the final 2.6.7 patch are below. In patch 2.6.7, all barbs items either remained the same or were buffed relative to their 2.6.6 values.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23220967/patch-267-now-live-11-12-2019
Free’s thread was about whether a preliminary number change/buff on the PTR (public testing realm) should be kept. By definition, the PTR is for TESTING. So the question was whether or not, Blizzard should add a NEW rend modifier on lamentation (and the precise number of that modifier). It was not about a nerf per se but whether a buff should occur relative to patch 2.6.6

2 Likes

I think that Pe3eWe3e has suggested to buff another spec (or create a new one) to be the top build for DHs. I think he would agree with the sentiment that rapid fire build is not terribly fun to play.

1 Like

Based on what? Give me some numbers, compared to other classes.

If something is boring and dull they need to nerf it so it is more boring and more dull?

3 Likes

If you read the 3 second damage mitigation buff it is applied to Whirlwind not the Rend Skill at all, you stop Spinning your Barb is in jeopardy from any incoming damage. The Rend 4 piece buff has nothing to do with Whirlwind just the hard cast Rends.

Not quite what I mean. The 4 piece does 2 things: triple rend damage and provide DR. It does both these things while whirlwinding and for 3 seconds after you stop.

I’m saying they keep the 3 second DR window and remove it for the triple rend dmg.

1 Like

This is exactly what you said and that buff should not be touched.

The wisdom of Yoda seems to apply for those who fear nerfs to improve game balance.

4 Likes

My opinion as a dh main

Fair enough. I’m just spitballing.

When the PTR patch notes come out, here’s what I’m trying to avoid:

Wrath of the Waste 6-piece bonus: Whirlwind and Rend damage is increased by 5,000%

That would really suck. I’d much rather see:

Wrath of the Waste 4-piece bonus: During Whirlwind your applied Rends deal triple damage. During Whirlwind and for 3 seconds after, you gain 50% damage reduction.

Isn’t it worth trying to get option number 2?

3 Likes

Whatever, my concern was and is, losing that 3 second DM buff.

One has to be very careful and you have to have well thought out threads before you ask for Nurfs and Buffs around here, someone might take it seriously.
The wrong decisions can make or break a set or build in this game and you may of noticed this game has a long history of breaking builds that never see the light of day again.

5 Likes

I know lets just NERF EVERYTHING back to the days when Gr30 was like the MAX you could clear. Im sure that will make the people wanting NERFS in this thread happy. Maybe even roll all AUGS higher then 30 by 1/5 so 150 to 30 and so forth so then there not like omg QQQ this sets to strong… OH wait then they will complain they cant GR30 and T16 FARM.

Complainers will alwasys find something to complain about

3 Likes