Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

I would love to see Necromancer make a return in Diablo 4, especially with the possible return of Rathma.

1st - Assassin - While I liked the trapper aswell, the reason I choose assassin is the Shadow and Martial Arts side. So maybe traps could be waved and given to another class (allowing for more classes without having to many similarities).

2th - Necromancer - Though not D3 style, things I liked most were armies of undead and just walk behind them cursing/corpse exploding or Poison Nova (apply Poison DoT in large areas, not many short blasts in smaller areas) and cursing.
The Necromancer in D3 feels to much towards an active combat character, instead of a passive planner.

3th - Timewalker - A character that manipulates time, but needs to chose how to manipulate in something like and Aura form. (closest in Diablo series would be monk, but without the divine and healing).
So for example one Aura might increase movement and attack speed of the character (or even including allies), while another might decrease the movement and attack speed of enemies.
Attack power that attack multiple times, for lower damage.
Movement skills that place him outside of time for a moment so he can move from A to B (Dashing Strike without damage or Teleport like).
DoT skills (dealing damage because you draw an enemy out of its timeline which is physically straining until he gets back in sync).

4th Enchanter/Mentalist - A character that takes over enemies to fight for it.
Although I must say I think this would be a hard character to balance properly, but I like the idea.

1 Like

Zealots, all must bow to their cult.

Iā€™m hoping for Demon Hunter and Necromancer.

I want to see all the classes from the past games of Diablo! :blush: :heart_eyes: :yum:

P.S. Iā€™m the only one who still wants and waits Druid in D3? hehe :slightly_smiling_face:

We need the ultimate support classā€¦ BARD!

Bards need to finally come to the Diablo world!!!

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t that lead to Lute Boxes?

4 Likes

Dream Scenario: D4 Starts with all 7 original classes.
Amazon, Paladin, Necromancer, Barbarian, Sorceress, Assassin, Druid.

Expansion 1 adds:
Monk: Melee focused, Crowd Control, Dodge focused. Less spells/aura type compared to D3.
Demonhunter: Dual Wield Ranged Type, Crowd Control Traps, High Mobility Less bow focused.
Wizard: Arcane Damage focused + D&D style spellbook Less elemental spell focused.

Expansion 2 adds:
Horadrim Class: Warrior/Mage Type with Angelic influences
Cambion: Warrior/Mage/Demonic Shapeshifter. Obviously a demonic influence

A new class. A unique one, that is different from the rest. It gets boring when its always, barbarian, sorcerer exc.

Your ā€œDream Scenarioā€ is fine.

But, just to be clear, Diablo II: Lord of Destruction was not the original Diablo game and those are not the ā€œoriginalā€ Classes.

Allow me to introduceā€¦     The:

6 Likes

Valkyrie could be Amazon special form.

But please make us not turn to generic form. We want to see our armor we deck out. Maybe just have Valkyrie wings like shadow wings in D3. Keep it subtle.

Honestly, Iā€™d like to see the Demon Hunter and Witch doctor make comebacks. They have very unique class design and itā€™s great.

1 Like

Another idea is to have a warrior type of character that use full plate and 2h weapons. It could also be done with a branch of skills of the Paladin.

I like those ideas. I think something like that fit with the world they want to build.

I hope they add the Necromancer in the core game. Iā€™d like to see how theyā€™ll handle the story of our Necro character againsā€™t Rathma, the founder (sort of) of Necromancy.
I wish they could add the Witch Doctor, Paladin, and Demon Hunter as DLC characters.

1 Like

the barbar is a 2handed character as well
atm, the shield user is missing

Yes but the barb is 2h, dual wield, physical skills and war cry skills. The Paladin could be 1h/shield, 2h, holy skills, and auras. Amazons could also use shields and 2h.

I think that they shouldnā€™t narrow too much the weapons each class can use and can give some flexibility to the skills to use different types of weapons too.

1 Like

oh i would love a pala with 2h and amazon with 2h :slight_smile:
thats a lot of fan service for me :smiley:

1 Like

Amazon, Assassin or a Warlock

for MP, an invincible speedy tank, that does no damage, only CC.

It was something off the top of my head and was not given a lot of thought, but after some thought they would be better at being a ranged attacker similar to a warlock from Warcraft and other franchises but more based around blood and chaos magic to insight chaos among their foes, turning them against one another, and just causing all sorts of havoc. Even going as far as summoning demons and forcing them to aid them (succubi for crowd control, Morlu Incinerator for ranged DPS, Oppressor for tanking, ect) for an unlimited duration but for a brief time can summon/resurrect an extremely powerful demon (Izual, The Butcher, ect) to run roughshod over the opposition.

Would be interesting seeing such a character interact with humanity, especially the other heroes.