Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

I wouldn’t mind seeing new Classes. But, a part of me also hopes they keep the Classes relative to Diablo lore and the world of Sanctuary. So far, the Diablo Series has included the following Classes:

Diablo

1. Warrior
  2. Rogue
  3. Sorcerer

Hellfire

1. Monk
  2. Barbarian
  3. Bard

Diablo II

1. Amazon
  2. Barbarian
  3. Necromancer
  4. Paladin
  5. Sorceress

Lord of Destruction

1. Assassin
  2. Druid

Diablo III

1. Barbarian
  2. Demon Hunter
  3. Monk
  4. Witch Doctor
  5. Wizard

Reaper of Souls

1. Crusader
  2. Necromancer

I would be open to any new Classes that may be found in areas of Sanctuary we haven’t visited yet… or areas we have.

3 Likes

Rogue from D1 or Amazon

They could also expand one of the follower/merc classes from d2/d3. iron wolves, enchantresses, templars, scoundrels, etc.

1 Like

Flagging a poster because he’s a fan of D2, grow up

Maybe we should all start flagging you D3 fanboys too

1 Like

Flag! Bullying, name-calling, taunting, trolling, bad taste. Heh.

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

My subjective desire is to play a paladin. I love that D4 is going to be much more dangerous and perilous than D3, but I’d like to combat this as a paladin :slight_smile: Please Blizzard, give us a paladin! I usually try be composed and articulate when I make suggestions or offer feedback, but this is a topic very near and dear to me :slight_smile:

Logic tells me that we need a non-magic ranged class OR a “Dexterity” type class first, and then a class that can fulfill some support utility (hint hint).

The druid character, sort of, throws a spanner in my logic as it can be a tanky character, a caster, a dps, or a mix of it all. So in terms of gaming archetypes, the last two characters are tricky. Technically, the unrepresented archetypes so far are (1) the thief, (2) the archer/marksman, and (3) the sword-and-board (PALADIN!).

The druid can summon doggos… so he’s technically already a summoner…

Bring paladin please! I need this!

Ranger can be both, thief and archer so it would easily fall to ranger and paladin/knight

Dog Welder:. He welds dogs to the face’s of his enemies.

I like the classes of Darkest Dungeon. One they could bring in a later expansion is something like the Abomination: it is a shapeshifter but it turns into demons unlike the Druid. It also has melee and magic skills that deal poison and maybe fire damage and has curses.

I would certainly welcome this idea. There certainly has to be a different character from one of those areas that has been mentioned but briefly. Like the iron wolves as someone mentioned. Really surprised we never seen a priest type in diablo. Is it cause they do not want a healing type at all? Haven’t seen a warrior since d1 but i guess they play too much like barb.

Another idea for a Necro: they should be able to summon more variety of minions.

An idea could be to have a skill that allow to combine your minions to create new ones. Something like, if have 10 skeleton archers, can combine 5 to create a skeleton ballista, and 10 skeleton warriors could create a tomb lord.

At Skovos (land of the Amazones) there are also Oracles (also female, i think) and Priests (male).

Bard - everquest online adventures ps2 style

Well from a technical point they have a Powerhouse, Magic user, and mix of the two. Most likely Blizzard is looking for something different for players like Bard. Problem is he isn’t much of a difference since he uses buffs/debuffs most games I’ve seen him in. Obviously theres gonna be a bow user of some kind. (For now lets just leave that as Amazon so no complaints :wink: ). Everyone mentions an Amazonish character pandering more towards the bow class and an outlaw was mentioned which hasn’t been introduced but seems reasonable as perhaps a Cultist who uses dark magic or a Treasure Hunter, using trickery, traps, ect. to off demons. Amazon+TH ideas prob be quick dmg then “Run away!” Cultist would be mix of debuff, n Necro/ WD. Then where’s the holy one? A Cleric or Horodric Zealot maybe? All is conjecture, thoughts on any of my ideas? While I’m open to suggestions please be civil and keep it to constructive criticism. Last, no I ain’t a Dev. nor do have I even gotten the chance to play the what we’ve seen on Youtube. Honestly if Blizzard creates a class that seems worth it, I’d buy it. Doesn’t have to be from my list.

Literally just call the male Amazon a Spartan… Winner (although the Barbarian has already stolen the spartan kick… So yelling “THIS IS SPARTA” while kicking enemies off cliffs won’t be nearly as much fun).

Definitely Paladin/Crusader and Amazon though…

Future classes:

1. Necromancer (has to be first)
  2. Assassin / Demon Hunter
  3. Deathknight (or something similar)
  4. Monk / Cleric / Priest

the problem that lies in my opinion is it has to be a type out of the lore somehow. then it has to have abilities that fit into the world. they already have these types that kinda already use the same skills as other characters so i do not know how much more creative they can get with adding someone completely new. probably be easiest to just bring back a character thats been in game and just change up their skills a little. now that i think of it. theres been many plate type characters, but not an unholy kind. since there is a demonic stat why cant there be an unholy obsidian knight of some kind? obsidian knights were in d1 (bad guys though).

I wouldn’t mind seeing a renegade demon or ex-cultist that uses the powers of hell against their former allies.

Leaning more towards a demon that 90% of the time is disguised as a human but gives off the aurora something is off about them, but can unleash their true form (similar to Wrath of the Berserker) when need be.

It wouldn’t be the first time a demon became tired of the eternal conflict and wanted to get away by any means necessary. The renegade demon could also have bad blood with whoever is in charge of Hell during the events of Diablo IV. Or simply has an itch to crack demon skulls and had decided that taking up residence in Sanctuary is the best choice in sating their blood thirst.

Could be a melee burst “hero” that sacrifices health to significantly boost defensive and/or offensive capabilities for a short amount of time.

sounds cool
a lowkey shapeshifter, but maybe a mix of melee and blood magic, id say, to not be too similar to the barbar

maybe more interesting than i thought. out of all of diablo theres only been 1 shapeshifter right? i know in d2 the trag’ouls set lets you take another form but i dont think that is shape shifting. i could welcome a demon type shapeshifter why not.