Other D4 classes you'd like to see?

Personally, im all about the magic/mage type of classes.

So, ill go with my Sorcerer/Wizard, and if they add in a Necromancer, then i’ll run one of those as well (assuming it doesnt suck).

But, yeah, other than adding the Necromancer in, i don’t need any other classes.

1 Like

That made me remember the Maximus 2h sword of D3. Summon a demon that is chained to the master.

Sounds cool
I’d like to see 3 new additionnal classes : Mummy, Vampire and Specter.
The concept looks interesting, for me anyway.
Hopefully with some of our suggestions to inspire them.
My first pick would be the Mummy.

Cool i’m happy now !

Ya I know, technically, could just be sorc, warrior, rogue. Monk if you count hellfire.

Yes, this is what i mean, a warrior or knight: 2h + full plate.

1 Like

Pirate/Bandit
Cleric/Shaman
Witch
Beast Master
Demon (more of a race class thing)

I too like the Witch Doctor Class and would like to see it return in an expansion.

1 Like

Well theoretically you could run this in d2, right? :smiley:

Yes, don’t know if there are good 2h paladin builds in D2, i should search if there are. I don’t play it since long time (bcs i don’t have it anymore). My main class was paladin and i did play with 2h as long as i could but end playing with 1h and shield :confused:

People suggesting Amazon can’t escape the fact that you can’t create a male Amazon. In the current era where political correctness reigns, this idea can’t pass. A ranger class is nice, but not Amazon because of the lore and politics. Maybe a hybrid ranger class that is the descendant of Amazon tribe and other humans, adept in the art of hunting and trap. Since it’s a hybrid race, it can be either male or female. Pure female Amazon won’t fly.

I would like to see the Witch Doctor be playable again. It’s a really cool and under-rated class i.m.o, a decent design concept. The only reason it’s not more popular in D3 is because of balance issues i think, the class does not have many powerful build options.

2 Likes

I want a “Throwing” class that specialize in throwing items, potions, knives, staves, swords, bombs, if its a thing you can throw it, etc. I’d like this class to have a skill similar to Necromancer’s golum skill in diablo 2; where you can summon a golum out of any item you craft or find & the golum will have the properties of the item it was summoned with.

1 Like

Yes, you can…     in Diablo lore you can: Amazon, Ethnic Groups: Askari

And, just for the record: The Askari women were referred to as “Amazon Warriors”, not because Amazon = Women, but because of the tropical region they lived in.  

(Besides, where do you think baby Amazons come from?   )

Yes, they have man too, is just that weren’t trained to be soldiers (amazons). But with all the things that happen in D3 and after, it wouldn’t be strange if they started to train man too.

2 Likes

That would require new lore. I’m not opposed to that, just observing, because I believe we’ve seen all the classes that exist within the Diablo world.

The new “class” I’d like to see: Angel/Horadrim, though I think that’s more of a race than a class…

To keep this lore sensitive (no robot gunslingers :slight_smile: . This article is chock full of possible classes. And not to sound mean, but your examples… Angels sound overpowered and I believe mostly don’t care bout humans. And Horadrim classes I could understand but just saying their people is kinda vague. I told the devs what I thought was possible and it was similar but if you want something, give examples like Horadric Savior- A holy class that could specialize in Polarms. Tell devs what ya want caus the more we help them the more likely they’ll make the game ya want.

My take on the lore is that the Paladins failed and were disbanded as a result. They would not be able to wield their power with the heavens “closed”. Crusaders on the other hand are using the same power of the “light” but because of their unswerving faith they can still wield their powers and survive regardless of the corruption of the Crusader Leadership or Maesters. Remember, it was one of their own that removed the corrupt leadership and continued on his Crusader’s path. It really makes sense to keep the Crusader since they are a brother organization to the Paladins, only more faithful and with more strength of will, they were the natural progression of that “holy knight” class in the game, and there is precedent for them to be retained thanks to Kormac (and cheese) being the salvation of the order. One final point on that is this: WHO ELSE is fit to try to count how many enemies we have slain, only to lose count?

1 Like

Actually, the Amazon society was strictly female. They “co-mingled” with an all male warrior society (the Gargareans) by raiding each other once a year to steal captives for offspring production. Female children stayed with the Amazons(.com) and male children went to the Gargareans. That is according to one of the legends about the Amazons. It is also now widely accepted in historical circles that the Scythian women were the basis of the legends about the Amazons, since about a quarter of the ancient Scythian military graves excavated were found to be Scythian females with their weapons and dressed for battle almost identical to the Scythian males.

1 Like

From the Gargarean males they co-mingled with. Amazons raised only the females and returned all the male babies. This was done either by raiding the Gargareans for captives once a year for breeding purposes or by arrangement once a year. Either way they undertook to prevent the Amazon society’s extinction yet still maintain a CLOSED society of all females.

1 Like

i do love the Amazon but i feel there should be new classes…
If the Hunter concept art is a possibility i’d be down for that! It could perhaps be a cross of demon hunter/assassin? or Amazon/Assassin? like the Hunter uses bows/daggers/traps!
another would have to be a paladin/knight/templar whateva kind of sword wielding class :sweat_smile:
i feel like a Necro would fit in perfectly with this new style but if rumors are true it may not come till an expansion… :disappointed: or maybe they’ll actually surprise us and the Necro will be out with the launch! :crossed_fingers:t4::smiley:

can confirm, dev said there will be 5 classes upon launch! :hugs: