Opinion: I think the game will flop for a few reasons

Give the game a chance… When it is finally released please.

Yeah, security issues are tough to deal with and TCP/IP had to go.

This might very well change too after a few weeks.

lmao right? everyone losing their minds over lack of mod support when they haven’t even played it yet with all the new awesome changes. :joy:

1 Like

There is still a chance that in the future mods might make a come back. Only time will tell what actually happens.

The problem you state with hitting enemies is something that I don’t know if it is easy to reproduce. Any bugs that are hard to reproduce are ones that are hard to fix.

No doubt TCP/IP was removed because of the problem with hackers that hacked D2R where they were able to open the entire game and have all classes.

For removing a promised core pillar of D2. In a so-called faithful remaster.
Nothing can really excuse that.

promised core pillar? no, its an outdated connection used in the past long before high speed internet made it big. This would be akin to complaining that something doesn’t include a cassette tape or A-track player because its supposed to be “faithful”. You have no argument besides that they said they would allow it, and they HAD to cut it due to security issues. so they have an extremely good excuse, on top of it not being needed. Your argument is extremely weak at BEST. :roll_eyes:

If security was a real concern they could replace it by a modern P2P system.
But the TCP/IP is not the core pillar.
Modding is. Which TCP/IP is merely a part of.

if you think its going to “flop” and you preordered…that really says something about you?

1 Like

They didn’t cut it for security reasons.

They cut it because Activision wants to “fight piracy”.

2 Likes

:thinking: um yea. Exactly. They are one in the same issue. Pirating is a part of security, is it not?

Lmao. dead. like MOST D2 players, i literally never used mods. not a single one until very very recently and it was just plugy. The vast majority of D2 players did NOT use mods nor would the average D2 player know what a mod even is. We aren’t talking veterans who’ve been playing forever. they are a very small percent. The MAJORITY of players never modded anything and quit long before mods became the “norm” for those LEFT OVER players.

Not in any normal use of the word, I would say.

Plenty of people, like you, have used plugy. Which will seemingly no longer be possible.

Plenty /= everyone /= core pillar. you’re REACHING across the OCEAN to get there bud.

The 20k or 50k players who ever DL’d plugy or played Path of diablo, pd2. Say it with me now: YOU. ARE. NOT. THE. MAJORITY. MILLIONS purchased D2. tens of thousands used mods. the numbers literally paint the picture for you. If you disagree, you’re literally disagreeing with math and reality. Can’t help you there bud. GL.

Not everyone have to use something to make it a core.
Not everyone have traded. Still a core pillar. Not everyone have played barbarians, made a rune word etc.

Mods have defined D2 for more than a decade.
A faithful remaster needs to ring that part of the game over.

The “new awesome changes” are just the basic additions all mods have as starter pack lol

All people that played mods played with them

It’s like nothing was added for them

This means absolutely nothing

You can know you’ll like the game since it the same game and also know masses of new and some old players will be disappointed by the staleness and lack of modernity to the game

Of course different people want different changes

But we seem to be facing a Boolean problem

Change intolerant Vs Change accepting

Pretty sure that people that want X improvement and the game adds X&Y, there people won’t whine about Y

If you don’t mind the stench everywhere around you, it doesn’t mean that it is for the better and nobody shouldn’t clean up.

Actually there can be a fact and if you don’t understand how these things work you just shouldn’t talk about it. The fact that this game will only work on battle net (even single player) already changes a lot on how things are done around this game. And it is up to devs to make modding possible or not, I’m sure it will take quite big efforts to enable that feature, it might be the reason why it won’t be possible at least from the start.

Unless blizzard lied about that too, single player will work offline.

Define flop. The game will pop at launch and then largely end up being the same popularity as d2 is, maybe a little less? But they still got their sales.

I do agree the lack of mods will limit staying power. But flop? Idk about that one.

1 Like

While I can agree on that your personal security is your responsibility, but it still doesn’t change the fact that this game has lots of outdated code which might already have lots of exploits which will be obviously used to hack people rigth from the game launch.

If true, there is no way Blizzard would leave it unpatched in original D2.

1 Like