Now they are being sued by California

I agree with, but that is not the zeitgeist our media pushes us towards. Even its almost like a candidate recently won a major office on a “forgotten man” middle class platform…

1 Like

Yes, and they post about it on Twitter frequently from their personal accounts. Fitness, body building, and lifting are a big thing at Blizz. Yes, they have a gym and work out areas on campus too.

If you knew anybody there, visited, there or even followed the general social media you would know that. You can start with our Community Lead if you want.

They won’t be dismissing and they (Blizzard) have released a statement - again, read the articles that include Blizzard’s statement. The state engaged in a 2 year long investigation and met with Blizzard 3 times to attempt arbitration. That failed hence the lawsuit. Likely Blizz will settle.

7 Likes

The inability to grab your secretary’s backside without getting sued isn’t why the middle class is suffering. The myth of trickle down economics and its right-wing proponents is where you should start looking to unravel such an outcome. But this is also jumping into an unrelated political topic.

11 Likes

I strongly agree that it will settle. But, that is also because many matters settle, including many of these types of suits.

Give me a name or two of these guys. I am genuinely curious if my impression of game designers is inaccurate. The guys that make Magic are very public, and are…not gym rats to say the least.

This is a word salad.

Here is a tip: if your post is “jumping into an unrelated political topic”, don’t make it while labelling as such, and instead don’t make the statement at all. Otherwise, you are just asking to get the last word on a sensitive debate.

3 Likes

This is sad indeed. People and judging are way too far nowadays. I hope they get this under control. I am glad, however, the World today brings so many issues up and wants justice for it

It’s a separate topic because the details of “a suffering middle class” do not have to do with laws related to sexual harassment and discrimination.

6 Likes

I hope justice and truth is done in the court of law. As the forum is not the court of law, it’s the right place to just be f*cking pissed and express frustration for what is happening

6 Likes

I am as well. But I don’t know whom did what they did. I am a feminist myself. I will always stand for balance and fairness for everyone. But at the same time, I am glad to see, that people are more aware than ever, even though the World seems messy

Yes, I too don’t know who are the individuals who did that, although what I do know is that their superiors are responsible for their actions. All I know is that this came after a 2 year investigation. I don’t know what will be said and decided in the court, but there’s more than enough smoke to be able to deduce that something is probably on fire

Edit: of course my post with a little swear word was flagged

I am sorry, but I have to correct you. There is both trickle down, trickle up, and trickle sideways economics because each of our economic actions affects the people we exchange value with, and others down the chain. Read Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell for more information.

Lawsuits like this benefit a few women who get a payout while harm massive numbers of other women who will not be hired because the jobs would not be created. Too much risk. Do without or order from China. Hence, the middle class “suffering.”

I have another right-wing conspiracy for you: without people risking their capital, expertise, and efforts in hopes of future gain, there will be no real jobs. Make their future gain unlikely, and kiss your lifestyle goodbye.

5 Likes

I am reading the suit. Notes:

-Terribly drafted allegations that run as a narrative. Classic of suits like ADA enforcement, where allegations are drafted in running narrative form rather than pleadings of fact.

-It users GamerGate as a sign of harassment of women, rather than what it actually was, which is the infiltration of media by SJW forces and the lack of ability to disagree with their narrative.

-Cheetah is wrong, the allegations are EXACTLY that women are not in as high-paying high-ranking positions. This is a “disparate impact” based claim.

-Men can banter with each other about sexual encounters. If women being welcomed along men at work places mean that men must model their behavior in a way to not offend their female coworkers, you have made the workplace untenable for the men. That is called a Heckler’s Veto, and it is not the same as harassment.

-Groping allegations, if true, are unacceptable and are actual harassment. Here we go, some actually actionable allegations.

-The Plaintiff DFEH cites to its own internal findings as evidence of wrongdoing…yeah.

-Cheetah misunderstands that not being able to settle does not mean Blizzard ignores it. It just means DFEH did not accept the offered terms.

-Again, first cause of action is based on the fact that women allegedly make less than men. Exactly what I thought was the case. The allegations of abuse are secondary to this, this is the actual demand, a anti-market adjustment of opportunity to benefit women at the expense of possible more-talented men.

-“Frat house” remarks come from a departing employee. Not sure how this is an allegation of relevance…

-First four causes of action based on pay and promotion, not harassment.

I hope Blizzard fights this. If they become MTG, where identity is promoted over talent, the product suffers, and I as a consumer am the loser.

14 Likes

“The world would be a better off if we just let white men do whatever they wanted in the workplace!” in affirmation of your stance against legislation to protect workers from harassment and discrimination is not the compelling argument you think it is.

3 Likes

You need to learn how to have a civil discussion.

3 Likes

Harassment of any kind should not be tolerated. However I am a little skeptical when people bring up pay disparities. It is not 77 cents on the dollar like is claimed its more like 96 cents when apples and apples are compared. The 4 cent difference is usually attributed to women not wanting to negotiate or ask for raises as much. I would like to see how this plays out though maybe there is a huge pay difference.

3 Likes

He never said anything about race try reading again. His inference to allowing bad behavior due to economics is troubleing. He is right about the risking of capital.

3 Likes

Nerds can be sexist, even misogynistic too, though. See: incels, for the most extreme example.

6 Likes

Your statement was that the basis of the suit was that Blizz did not hire enough women.

I am quite correct. That is NOT the basis of the suit. The state does not address hiring.

The state is addressing what happens at Blizz AFTER they are hired.

This is very telling. That you even use SJW like that seems to indicate you support the misogynistic aspect of gamergate. You also don’t think equal and respectful treatment at work is good for you as a consumer. What, things might cost more if they pay people fairly? I would argue not getting sued keeps prices down and is good for consumers.

Yikes. You probably don’t like wheelchair access either do you?

11 Likes

My inference is a direct result of this tangential beginning. Apparently the economy is more important than demanding people be decent humans, but that belief also makes me an uncivilized human, so, whatever.

Incorrect. Please read the first four causes of action again. They are based on constructive discrimination, using employment statistics.

I find it interesting that you demand I believe you on certain topics because you have visited the offices, but you refuse to defer to me on technical issues that a lawyer would readily understand.

9 Likes