[Now Live] Patch 2.6.7a Update

If that’s the case, the 1000 stack cap is meaningless and no one can really get the full 100% dmg & 50% move speed buff, especially in GR.
I understand the killstreak is for different seasonal powers and they should be difficult to get. However, putting an impossible cap for the dmg/mv speed buff is a different deal.

I would like it even more if holding Shift(Stand still) prevented Teleportation on all skills while using Epiphany.

This has been brought up many of times.

1 Like

The upper end of the kill streaks are for multiplayer games…in a 4 player game as long as 1 person is hitting a monster I believe the kill streak keeps going, I’m not 100% sure, but this is what I’m going with until proven otherwise

I never liked epiphany teleporting from the very beginning…if you want to jump around we have that jumpy ability thingy called Dashing Punchyface. Only because I knew it would start to become more of a hindrance than an advantage to be honest.

1 Like

Well, in my opinion, a solo player should not be punished simply because they don’t play multiplayer games and the devs need to do a better job.
I understand it’s easier for the devs to use the existing mechanism, however, the current Pandemonium system is not very friendly for the solo players, especially fighting against GR bosses (the 5s is barely enough for the GR boss to spawn so and the stacking buff is practically non-existent for the boss fight)

3 Likes

What about how “impractical” the Season theme is for console players in general with the detrimental Nephalem Glory mechanic in GRs…

Where is patch 2.6.7a though? It is 5pm PST now

Nev already said it won’t happen Tuesday

It’s not going to be released today. Nev already relayed this earlier. It will be released BEFORE S19 though.

Hi Nev, got a question for patch 2.6.7a here.

How about the fact that the season buff stack can only be increased by killing a monster while the patch notes were saying “hit or killed”? Was it an error in the notes or the other way around?

The current system will cause several problems for the players, especially solo players: We can never get the full 100% damage & 50% move speed increase as stated in the patch notes in the GR (Killing ~500 monsters will be enough progress for the GR boss. And the 5s time is too short, so the buff itself will likely to disappear before the GR boss finish spawning). No one was complaining about this in the last PTR since the 500 kill streak angel was killing GR boss with one shot. But now that you guys are fixing that bug, is there a way so that we get the full 100% dmg seasonal buff which as designed?

Pandemonium
For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds

See Morticks Bracers and patch 2.2

Hey Nev,

i don’t hope it will be Friday in the early. I really want to test my barb before season starts and make my plan that i have for the season to finish it. I know it takes time to fix game breaking bugs that will make a bad season if they will be abused, but still i hope it will be on Wednesday or early Thursday :).

Love you and the Dev Team for your work :heart:

The intention was always for the buff to be gained by kills, but for stacks you already have to be maintained by kills or hits.

Apologies if this was not more clear, but that is both the intention and the current functionality.

8 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. So I guess it is theoretically impossible to reach the full stacks in the GR with the current design?

There are some bugs in the sets of Captain Crimson on the consoles in 2.6.7.
1,Damage enhancement increases skill damage rather then independent damage.
2,Damage reduction effect is invalid.
Please fix these bugs as soon as possible.

10 second would be a sweet spot. Else, as others have mentioned, the buff will very likely drop off when switching floors in GRs.

4 Likes

Has the pet hits/kills not counting toward the streak been fixed yet? That kept me off the PTR…

One thing I’d really like to see is the three Diablo franchise iconic items that are currently useless - The Grandfather, Tyrael’s Might, and Windforce - get new legendary powers that make them more than just soul fodder. A suggestion for Windforce, which would tie in thematically to how the weapon worked in Diablo 2, would be to give it a generic damage bonus that increases with each Paragon level gained, up to some maximum cap. For example, 0.1% damage per level, capping at 300% at Paragon 3000. So in essence, it becomes a generic version of Manticore or Yang’s Recurve (without the cost reduction), along with the existing knockback.

2 Likes

Actually, your example is for capping at Paragon 30000.

0.01 = (one/hundredth)
0.01 x100 = 1.0
300.0 * 100 = 30000

… just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes