[Now Live] Patch 2.6.7a Update

Thanks.

And what about current attempt to fix Bazooka (which is on live servers now)?

Will be reverted Bazooka nerf in next minipatch? It will be not good if it stay as it is. With Bazooka it will not help and only it will force to use macro and it have negative impact to Chantado Vyr Wiz (less stacks are carry over to next archon).

1 Like

Good to see we are getting updates now. Love to see that again :slight_smile:

I go back to work thursday and work until Monday which sucks for season start but oh well. Hopefully everyone has a good season Start.

2 Likes

Anyone got a TLDR on the Bazooka Wizard issue? I’m out of the loop on that one.

Bazooka Wiz can cheat their arcane stack by stacking them in a high density map, usually cow level, then enter grift and oneshot almost any monster, including rg. They fixed it simply by removing all arcane stack upon enter a grift.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the quick insight. Cheers!

Ok, so sounds like no patch today.
I fixed Bazooka by never playing it.
Blighter not an issue cause I never exploited him, but why not just disable him for now.
Making him hit harder but less often only makes it harder for normal players.
Why people feel like they have to take advantage of every cheap exploit in games?

1 Like

Because when ever you add any competitive aspect into any activity there are always people that prefer that competitive aspect that will flock to it, and within that group of people there is a higher proportion of those with the personality trait of “win at all costs, disregard morality”, than outside of that group.

Why do you think the so called “toxicity” of online communities collects around competitive and combative games and activities. You see far less such behavior in PvE based games and non competitive and combative activities. Thats just down to the psychological traits of the average type of people whom are involved in such activities.

D3 may not have PvP , but the leader boards are a competition, hence the need to " take advantage of every cheap exploit in game" for the sake of winning.

Basic psychology really, has been documented well.

There is another exploit similar to stacking Wave of Force outside of Greater Rifts. People can also stack the seasonal theme kill streak bonus outside of Greater Rifts. Please remove these stacks when entering the GR to prevent abuse.

8 Likes

Yep. Whether they murder Bazooka now or 4 months from now, the crucial thing here is they’re clearly listening and aware of the issues.

Balancing trash killing builds isn’t that difficult; but it’s impossible to do with the current outlier being 1000% stronger than anything else.

2 Likes

You’d have to townportal back to town, start a GR and then kill a monster within 5 secs? Might be do-able I suppose. You’re right though, that should be banned. (Reply to Lex)

Hey, you’re one of the experts here. Could you tell me what’s the best way to exploit the seasonal buff for early lvling? Just stack as much as possible to get ms and damage or trigger something and reset the killstreak and trigfer it again? I don’t really know since the order’s changed. Thanks,

Just remove one of the core items that makes bazooka wiz possible.

It is a bogus build that never should have existed. It is ruinous to the gameplay of EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME. It has dominated the meta for years and totally transformed and dictated how EVERY ONE ELSE HAS TO PLAY.

Nerf and ruin this crap to the ground so everyone else can actually PLAY THE GAME.

If it was bazooka barb, you would have Mortick’s Braced one of their items years ago.

1 Like

the patch 2.6.7a it’s live now or later?

2 Likes

Later. Nevalistis said highly unlikely for it to drop today but it will appear before season starts on Friday.

2 Likes

For all those who complain about the bazooka Wiz!
Have you ever wondered what the removal of a bazooka from a meta will lead to?
Will return either WD with (FireBats) or Wizard with a black hole. Have you forgotten what huge lags this gameplay has led to? One cast of black hole or WD firebats caused the screen to freeze and you could not literally play. Bazooka freed you from these problems and gave you comfortable gameplay. After killing bazooka, you will begin to complain about server lags. Casual players always complain about something.
Think about it.

3 Likes

Nice find Lexy! I hope they can address this too before Friday.

Hmm I thought that has already been highlighted during PTR, that testers opened cow level to clock a 500 kill streak to summon the angels and 1-shot the RG?

1 Like

The angels oneshotting RGs should already be fixed. Read the patch notes. I just wonder if they fixed the other issues with the season theme, for example the ring of friendly fire.

Will the season buff stacking work differently in patch 2.6.7a? Upon reading the update notes, I found it says that the stacking buff will be recieved as long as you hit a monster? However, that wasn’t the case in the last PTR since the stacks don’t seem to increase unless you actually kill a monster. Wonder if that’s a bug or just by design.

* Pandemonium
_ * For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds_

To increase the stack count you have to KILL a monster…to keep the STACK from dropping off you have to be AT LEAST hitting a monster or the stacks will drop after 5 seconds…this is the way the kill streak counter has always worked in game…they just added some flavor to it for a season theme.

1 Like