"Nothing gets nerfed, only buffs since release"

You did, and you did so to perfection. Thank you!

Gaps in teams do not automatically imply the missing players have been banned as they could have gone on to be part of a higher ranked team. For example, Player A could have been part of a 4-man that gets Rank 10, then joins up with three other players and gets Rank 9. They won’t show up as part of the team that had gotten Rank 10 any more. So, unless the gaps are part of the Rank 1 teams, there’s no way to be certain they were as a result of bans or not.

There are gaps in ranks completely. If that was the case and people getting new ranks over and over, I believe, ranks would’ve been “updated” accordingly to the new records and there wouldn’t be any non-existent ranks to create huge rank gaps between 2 teams with solo players spread all over it.
There are many solo player at the ranks of 4-player non-seasonal leaderboards and I only see full teams at the first 20 and some ranks are completely missing even. Are you telling me those first 20 ranked teams ran all the ranks up to there from rank 500 or so?

I’m trying to understand something here.

So, let’s start of with…
Rank 1 - Player A, Player B, Player C, Player D
Rank 2 - Player E, Player F, Player G, Player H
Rank 3 - Player I, Player J, Player K, Player L

Now Players A, E, I and J team up and get Rank 1…
Rank 1 - Player A, Player E, Player I, Player J
Rank 2 - Player B, Player C, Player D
Rank 3 - Player F, Player G, Player H
Rank 4 - Player K, Player L

Now Players A, B, F and K team up and get Rank 1…
Rank 1 - Player A, Player B, Player F, Player K
Rank 2 - Player E, Player I, Player J
Rank 3 - Player C, Player D
Rank 4 - Player G, Player H
Rank 5 - Player L

So, there are 4-man leaderboard teams with 4, 3, 2 or 1 members left in them but none of the players A-L have been removed.

1 Like

Yes. I can only assume you haven’t pushed GRs yet since you’re not able to reach 150 solo? Or maybe you have and you’re just full of sh…?

The design behind GRs was always infinite scaling. That is why we haven’t been able to reach GR 150 solo during this games lifespan. For you to have it as a goal is just ignorant. This cap is not one that you will ever reach, as such, it is meaningless to use it as a point of reference. Do you get it now? There is no contradiction. Unless you’re one of those high group pushers you can forget this number.

Assuming I’d stick around for an entire season, I’d push the build i choose as far as I can. I don’t have a goal of reaching GR150 cap when it’s not even possible. I don’t wait around for the day it is possible, because should it ever be, clearing 150 will feel and be no different from clearing close to whatever the build can clear today. I’d also have to sit out the first 15 seasons before even participating because not even groups will have cleared it before that.

In any case, I don’t feel more accomplished for clearing a number closer to it. I don’t even consider this number, because it is not relevant to anyone but high group pushers. What actually matters is the mathematical max that can be achieved at any given season. Hell that number can even serve as a softcap and can be treated similarly to an actual static cap for that current season. Your obsession with the number 150 is so weird though. To think you would get annoyed if they randomly raised the cap to 250… like.

Just an observation. By all means it is anyone’s right to think, do and feel whatever they wish.
I am yet to find any situation where calling anyone stupid achieved anything good. Perhaps if people really feel this way? - they should message the person in a PM, though for me it still amounts to much the same thing.

As you were.

He wants to be able to clear GR 150 because its ‘the highest difficulty.’

They used to buff builds to stir up the meta and make the game feel different than previous seasons. By changing numbers here and there they managed to manipulate the players into thinking they were “working” on the game and the 2-month long PTRs were a PR stunt and a sham that added up to those manipulations. They never listened to the community’s feedback and unbalanced builds and/or exploits were rarely fixed on time.

Which is it? Did they tinker with the design in a way that brought players back?

Or did they trick everyone into thinking they had fun?

This game has been on a decline since Reaper of souls’ release so they most definitely didn’t manage to bring a decent amount of players back, however, I’m pretty sure their “balance” patches managed to keep players that don’t care for character building and depth for some time.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about the people not playing the game. I am talking about the people that are playing the game. Are they being tricked? Are they mistaken for enjoying the game?

@Joltacks - I understand why that might seem ludicrous. However, it is good to have a goal to aim for. Many of us have seen the posted math on how much DPS it would take and paragon points to achieve GR150 solo. There is a Wizard in Asia this season who is at 142 and a Necro at 141 at the top of the solo leaderboards. So the goalposts are definitely getting closer.
I am personally nowhere near this with my solo best in the mid 110s. I also do not play enough to warrant getting above 120, and certainly not in most seasons.

Realistically, I do not believe any game-maker would create a maximum level that was completely impossible without telling everyone that it was inviable.

3 Likes

You keep mentioning infinite scaling and also said there is a cap. I mean come on dude, you can’t have it both ways.

Who knows what will happen in the future. When this all started, GR 60 was “impossible”. Now we got solo builds hitting 130 to low 140s.

I’m not obsessed with the number 150. I said it would be nice for us to be able to get to or near the highest difficulty level, which is GR 150 at this point.

As long as 150 marks the highest difficulty level, it will feel different. You don’t think the first 4 player grp to reach that mark felt significant accomplishment?

Many may not like Kripp but him and his buddy will be forever remembered to be the first to beat Diablo HC in inferno difficulty. That’s something to hang a hat on.

2 Likes

Technically there is a cap, but since you aren’t reaching it it might aswell not be there. It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. It was never there to serve as a wall, but it is now, for groups, 16 seasons later. Because they haven’t bother to work around the technical limitations of the current system.

Which is why focusing on this cap is stupid.

I can imagine they felt the same accomplishment as anyone that placed 1st on the leaderboards in any given season/era. If they felt anything extra beyond that it’s because they’re delusional as their achievement is not greater than any other rank 1 clear.

1 Like

Exactly, it is now.

How so? As mentioned, we’re hitting higher and higher GR lvls solo. Before it was unobtainable, but now, we’re fairly close.

I don’t know man, I give them props for doing it and many have gone on to emulate what they’ve done to hit the cap.

I’m also not the only one here. I’ve seen many in 4 player grps seeking to hit that 150 cap if they haven’t done so already.

And why do you fear seeing solo builds hitting GR 150?

2 Likes

Earth to your brain. The wall is for groups, not for solo. The REASONS behind the wall being there are important. Wake up.

Nerfs are inc soon in the next patch, brace yourself for some tears.
I mean the game is like 5 years old? If you played this game from the start with GR 150 in mind then wtf? If you didn’t and only just recently started playing because we’re getting closer then it’s even more crazy.

There is no difference to the gameplay (to progression rather) for 99% of the playerbase if the cap is 150, 190 or 30000. It is merely there due to technical limititations. You choosing to be obtuse and call it the max difficulty is your problem. But it has never served as a max difficulty for solo players in the 5 years this game has existed, and only recently it does for groups. To call it a cap from a design perspective is disingenuous. It’s like calling paragonlevels capped because it used to be 10k, but as soon as someone got fairly close it got raised, as such, there is a technical cap (I think currently 20k?), but in practise there is none.

I don’t fear a cap. I’d like it if 150, or 100, or whatever number was set as a bar and then they tried to balance around it. I’m just not blind to the original design behind GRs.

Earth to your brain. That cap didn’t even use to be for groups either. INFINITE scaling means infinite, for both solo and groups. I’m also going to go out on a limb here and say if we had this discussion 2 years ago, you would argue the same for groups. That it would be stupid for even a grp player to aim for GR 150.

As I said, it would be nice to hit GR 150. No one is going to cry over a game. If nerfs happen and it no longer becomes fun, it’s time to do something else.

Am I right?

Technical limitations or not, there is currently a cap. GR and most gem levels are capped at 150.

You seem pretty scared from all the debating and name calling go around here.

1 Like

Well if only I could explain it in my native language, then maybe it would be easier to communicate. Then you wouldn’t reply with

Yes technically there is a cap. No it hasn’t really served as an actual cap up until very recently for a select few group of players. To call it “max” difficulty and have it as a goal, as the solo players you seem to be, seems very weird to me. I guess we just disagree on this one.

Since I have pointed out how little I actually care about being close to a cap, or which GR number I clear, this makes little sense. Or maybe this is one of those amazing “hurr if you didn’t care you wouldn’t reply” type of arguements.

Common sense would be allowing all classes to eventually hit GR 150 with at least META builds, so they could FINALY balance all sets and legendaries. Right now we have a huge :poop:storm with one class leaving the rest behind and of course people too blind too see that nerfs won’t change anything and just make things worse can’t wait for them…

Even if devs destroy the Archon, chantodo build, cause this is how nerfs work when devs try to balance a set by nerfing it won’t change anything. Blizz will make some other Wizard set or other class OP and than you’ll whine to nerf this build too. I guess current history with all the nerfs too Wizard didn’t teach you (all who ask for nerfs) anything.

Instead of taking some time to get all the rest of underperforming sets and legendaries to be at least at 5 GR levels range you just want devs to destroy the already 3rd “OP” Wizard build, because you say so and it’s faster or easier and takes less time…

Nerfing won’t fix anything, just create more problems, but yeah keep telling yourself it will…

If you want more legit players to stop playing D3 than sure nerf everything to the ground.

I guess that’s not a bad idea, since less players means less server overload or any other explanation that suits you…

Oh and of course less players means highier chance of getting on the leaderboards too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

many like and play this great arcade blaster.
-as many don’t care how good they are compared to others.

only the first line is from Gasnick.

only the first line is from Alecta.
…he isn’t begging, just stating a fact.

for me, giving the endgame T10 back is enough.

powercreep is the way to keep many players hooked.
-competition is more important than difficulty or immersion fun.

i stay at T13 or T15, but i level my gems to 86-90 with my only character that can do it.
-that’s even why i can reach T13 or T15 with some other characters.

i agree

the current powercreep method has reached it’s limit, that’s all; will be solved

speedrunning is the bane of teamplay, except for some dedicated Leaderboard Occupants.