"Nothing gets nerfed, only buffs since release"

Sure, I can. Here it is:

1. Let me spend “thousands of hours” (brother help is not needed) to gain more stats to hit the 150.

I mean, what do you mean by this brother help?

Doesn’t matter if it takes hundreds or thousands, you ain’t gonna reach solo GR150, game designed that way to be developer controlled. And if you managed to do it; good for you. You either wasted your life or botted really discreetly at a very slow pace until you hit 20k plvl cap, which no one hit in a matter of 7 years.

Brother = bot or different person

It’s common saying, which came from a streamer long time ago.

Still not sure where this is going. You saying only a bot can hit GR 150? I’m talking about designing it so that the top 1% of legit players can hit it. It can be hundred or a few thousand hours… and there are legit players who have put in a few thousand hours over the 7 years of this game. Hence, why it would be something the most die hard of players can accomplish.

Ok, forget about the brother part. It’s even more absurd if we remove the bracket. Here it is:

1. Let me spend “thousands of hours” to gain more stats to hit the 150.

Yes. But let me put is this way. What are people putting hundreds or thousands of hours into this game at this very moment? I mean, what is your goal for playing D3?

Because they have fun obviously.

Setting a “vacuum” goal in D3 and wasting thousands of hours to grind your way to achieve it is absurd.

That’s pretty general. Having fun. What do people often find fun in this game that they are putting time into it? If they are putting that many hours into this game, what are they trying to achieve?

If the goal is to beat this game at it’s highest difficulty is a “vacuum” help me understand what are the goals for those who sinking so many hours into this game.

That’s a question for whole another thread and one that does not concern our discussion, which was that GR was just a number.

There’s no real goal post right now with only one endgame model. D3 is something you play casually, burn out then leave for another participation in seasons. Devoted players keep going because they love the rush and skill play only applies to the high end gameplay.

Participating in seasons for a fresh start to keep loothunt instead of a sinking time for monotonous upgrades? From devoted to casual they always return for seasonal.

I think it has merit in this discussion. Don’t leaderboards revolve around this GR number? Aren’t there countless threads about either achieving a certain GR level or not being able to achieve such a number? Aren’t that many players who complain about… I’ve spent so many hours and I can’t even beat GR X? So many threads about increasing the ability to acquire GG primals so that they can achieve GR lvl of x?

I’m just trying to understand the goals of those who put so many hours into this game. And the thread topic is pretty much about the power between items vs GR lvl.

1 Like

And how does nerfs and buffs come into play in seasons? Your competition only is relevant for a given particular season. So a buff or nerf in one season doesn’t have much bearing in the next. Regardless if something is nerfed or buff, if you play season, you’re still going to find items, you’re still going to find upgrades.

Or are you trying to talk about fun between seasons vs non seasons? That’s a topic I’m not going into here as I have a pretty clear understanding as to why people play one mode over the other.

Is that a trick question? Of course nerfs and buffs come into play at seasonal as it’s part of the game… What are you trying to achieve here by asking such questions?

It is not. How does a nerf or buff impact you within a given season? Usually there are no nerfs or buffs once has a season has started. So if you started a season, it’s a fresh start, nothing is going to get nerfed or buffed during your season. So how do they impact you?

It affects non-season and makes some build obsolete in seasons at the terms of performance by pseudo-nerfing them when ignored or buffing alternative less effort taking builds. As they all run the same yardstick regardless of class or build, players react to it.

Meta changed years ago but that doesn’t mean it’s set in stone. What are you exactly trying to achieve by such derailing questions on the meta?
Thread started with the concerns of such power growth approach breaking progress and making it harder to balance or rewind when a mistake has been made. What does that have to do with “fun”?

You were talking about how seasons are fun so now you’re jumping into a discussion of non seasons?

But back to the question. If GR lvl is just a number, how does a nerf or buff impact you? If they nerf something, lower that number, if they buff something, increase that number, if they don’t do anything, don’t change that number.

Both are part of the game… People play non-season between seasonal and some even keep doing it. People find Seasonal fun because damage bloats break the linear progress more you play it after a while and they end up hitting a difficulty wall or repetitiveness ‘till they burn out and leave the game for a while.
Seasonal is a fresh breathe, a start for most people but some don’t like to play the same thing as something required to keep them interested. However that’s a double edged sword for them as developers’ motives sometimes unpredictable.

As I said buff and nerfs always happen as all classes and builds are bound to ONE endgame model. If they don’t get treatment or buff, that’s a pseudo nerf for them as some builds could surpass their efforts.
Have you read what I have just wrote? Devoted players don’t like to get shaded, while casual players less likely care about it but it’s truth that any difference they made affects everything because D3 is such a developer controlled game.

Surpass their efforts? Why does one build or class being able to play at a different number, impact your happiness for playing at another number?

Seems so. Yet developers have to do such changes to keep interest so players don’t feel entitled to play their “main” 'till the end of this game’s lifespan.
If there’s a power ceiling, any new spec speedwaying on the power progress is now a competitor that you may wanna learn quirks about and how much effort it requires to play effectively.
As it will sure to budge balance of leaderboards on non-season after seasonal ended and may even push some specs down on the hands of a skillful player at seasonal leaderboards. I have no idea why you asked such question but I hope it answered it.