No main stat...(https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/dh-weapon-crafting-results-are-finally-in/10359)

23 days and counting…
It’s almost as if you don’t want to publish your results.

Are you serious? 23 days? Well, I guess 25 days now…It seems impossible to me that is how long ago this started. No wonder the guy I turnover properties for is annoyed with me most of the time…

I have the data…I’m working on it. I’ve just had a couple rush jobs jump up, and then there’s the Thanksgiving preparations for the church dinners…Just no time the last couple weeks…Sorry.

I provided my data in ASCII tables, which took around an hour. For some reason, you’re trying to present your data in a Googledocs spreadsheet (that you said you’ve never used before) with graphs and providing analysis of affixes that were never part of your initial claim.

You could just save yourself, and everyone else, a lot of time by admitting that your data doesn’t support your initial claim of crafted items having a 1:8 ratio of Dexterity to Vitality.

You crafted 450 weapons.
Did 50 of them have DEX?
Did 400 of them have VIT?
Counting to 450 shouldn’t take you a month.

1 Like

Well, as it’s been over a month now I guess we can draw a line under this and accept that you’ll never post your results.

No, it’s coming. As I said, I’m taking the opportunity to learn more about Google Sheets. For a web app, it’s actually fairly powerful. Patience my good man…

I posted the results of 180 crafts in an hour or so. You haven’t posted the results of 450 crafts after five weeks. If your results actually confirmed what you’d claimed, you’d have posted them already.

No, that won’t work. As Kik mentioned many people(including me) don’t want main stat on gloves. Shoulders, rings, ammy, weapon are other main stat optional gear slots. In most if not all cases you don’t want main stat there, you can augment for it if you really need it.

Seems like you got a real bad streak of rng there. It sucks when that happens.

Just wondering why people keep talking about main stat, D3s stat system has been dropped from what we know at this point.
Attack and Defence like it or not looks to be the way D4 is going.

Because this thread is discussing the affixes that Diablo III crafted items get. You may find this surprising, but this is one of the few threads recently that isn’t about Diablo IV.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s thinkering with the results to try and confirm his claim? I know I won’t believe in w/e he posts after this long time for such a simple task.

In most cases of pushing at the end of season when you have 2k+ paragon.

What some people do not get is that main stat is more beneficial until you recoup it from paragon.

Balancing a game off the 1% is not ideal either, we need to find a common ground.

BTW, my solution is a locked affix, which means an additional affix.

Okay Meteorblade, two more bows to go, a little bit of collation, and I am posting the results.:blush:

And whether the results confirm or refute my initial assertion, they will be posted.

And like I said, since I’m crafting these bows, I’m looking at some information that goes a little bit beyond just whether or not they have one particular property or not. And like I said, I’m learning a little bit about how Google Sheets works, and so far I like it.

Exactly why I have a link to a screenshot of every single item. And I don’t mean to post any spoilers, but it’s kind of looking like the overall graph is going to resemble what Meteorblade came up with.

For other interested readers, please be advised that this thread is discussing the crafting outcomes of various bows for Demon Hunters in Diablo III. This is not a discussion of what may come in Diablo IV, nor is it a compare/contrast discussion of the two. Please refrain from discussing Diablo IV in this thread.

This thread seems to be missing your data on this subject :wink:

2 Likes

I’m working on it. Give a guy a minute. You guys are so impatient.:rofl:

No-one cares what other affixes the weapons have because they are entirely irrelevant to your claim that there’s a 1:8 ratio of Main Stat to Vitality on crafted weaponry.

The results I got were an almost exact parity, i.e. a 1:1 ratio, of Main Stat to Vitality, which means your imagined 1:8 ratio wasn’t anywhere close to being correct. This is why, when you make claims that are so evidently false, that I enjoy responding to them with facts, evidence and maths showing that they’re false.

Posting your results in the same format as I did, i.e. just plain ASCII, for 450 crafts should have taken you no more than a couple of hours. You’ve had over five weeks at this point and have failed to provide them.

We’ve been more than patient in the face of your prevarication.

1 Like

Wow…Does that mean I’m fired…or expelled…or something?

lol

It means you need to go back and re-sit Statistics 101.

You’ve already said that your results from 450 crafts had pretty much the same ratio that my 180 crafts had, i.e. parity. That admission means that regardless of whether you bother to post your results or not, it proves that your claim of the 1:8 ratio of main stat to vitality was complete nonsense.

Not that I expect this will be the last of your long-running “this is how I feel about RNG and statistics” series of threads. It’s always fun to see another one so I can pop on my debunking hat and have a chuckle to myself.

By the way, its been a week since I disproved another one of your theories about how you thought the game works here. It was hilarious that you’d tell me that I should play the game more because what I claimed wasn’t right. After I posted screenshots showing that what I had said was absolutely correct I notice you stopped responding.

1 Like

With the sweet time you took you could easily cherry pick screenshots of items that provides whatever ration you want.

lol…You are so English… :slight_smile:

Actually I never saw those screenshots, because I forgot I posted in that thread entirely. But that is very curious. Normally, everything would be locked until after you open the chest…

But as it turns out, you’re right, as your screenshots prove.

And of course I tested something completely different, which was the ability to change skills while in combat, and at what times the game considered you to actually be in combat. Why would I test skills when you were talking about gear? Well… One of my idiosyncrasies.

But yes, you are completely right about the gear, while the information that I posted was concerning skills, while Paragon points can still be changed within the Greed realm without limitation.

When you see the screenshots, you’ll see why that would be highly unlikely, if not impossible to do.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to 2020 too…

It’s an American expression, not an English one, which is why I used it…

The first recorded use of an introductory class being designated as “101” was in a University of Buffalo course catalog dated 1929. It wasn’t until the early 1930s that universities in the United States started using a three-digit system to identify their courses.

By the late 1960s, the phrase was starting to enter the vernacular at large, outside of the collegiate realm.