Put a cap on paragon

Why not , do you like botting all season and wouldnt want the game to be actually about Skill and Gear…

Your sentence makes no sense.

I don’t bot and easily am able to get to 2k paragon if I play 6 hours a day.

1k paragon cap would ruin the game.
The playerbase would be to small.

1K para would stop your para grind and make you GEAR GRIND. Therefore you needing more skill to push higher and you not relying on just infinitee mainstat. So the players at the top of the leaderboards would be the ones with the best skill/aug and gear and no longer the players who bot crazily and just 10k para who are destroying cause there mainstat is out of control.

WoW, we have become rocket scientists with wild theories!
There is a very good reason there is no para cap.

Why bring botting into this?

Just play the game and be happy.

Anyone that wants to cap paragon is only interested in ruining this game.

Why would having a CAP ruin the season. Would you get bored and stop playing cause you cant grind para anymore.

I wouldnt mind it cause then at 1K i know ok so now progression is running bounties getting full primals and pushing the best i can so i can get the best leaserboard rank.

Currently theres no point in pushing cause theres botters all over the place. Sure botters would have better gear then me but at least with a 1K CAP its technically possible if RNG is on my side to beat them.

Screenshots from around 10 minutes ago…

Here’s my hero before the fight with Greed starts, showing that I have Wastes gear on, with my +GF gear in my Inventory…

Here’s my hero after defeating Greed, before changing her gear, with 15,378 Gold Find…

Here’s my hero after defeating Greed, after changing her gear, with 58,830 Gold Find…

Here’s my hero after defeating Greed, still wearing the Gold Find gear…

So, there you go, full and explicit confirmation that what I claimed is correct, i.e. you can change into your Gold Find gear before looting Greed’s chest. This is the difference between my posts and yours, i.e. I don’t base things on how I feel they work but on how they actually work.

Feel free to admit you were wrong at this point.

3 Likes

Yup. Wrong.

Actually I never saw these screenshots, because I forgot I posted in this thread entirely. But that is very curious. Normally, everything would be locked until after you open the chest…

But as it turns out, you’re right, as your screenshots prove.

And of course I tested something completely different, which was the ability to change skills while in combat, and at what times the game considered you to actually be in combat. Why would I test skills when you were talking about gear? Well… One of my idiosyncrasies.

But yes, you are completely right about the gear, while the information that I posted was concerning skills, while Paragon points can still be changed within the Greed realm without limitation.

Capping Paragon at 1000 for a season i think is abit low. I would say 2000 is the better option. If you playing enough you will get there , Then its about the GEAR you have instead of the Time Players BOT meaning Leaderboard status is at least partially in reach now

1 Like

I wonder how often I can re-quote these in the future. :wink:

I dislike the idea of an infinite progression system, aka the paragon points system, but this thread has raised some good points.

In a perfect ARPG we’d all spend a great deal of time farming content for the right gear with the right stats to become more powerful.

In D3 however the gear grind is complemented/overshadowed by the paragon grind which, at the top end, gives more player power than the best gear with the perfect stats.

I think StonePro’s ideas about paragon point allocation is a good one

If the devs implemented a new paragon point allocation system in an upcoming season (perhaps the season buff) I think it would be a good thing for D3.

1 Like

It’s just not true. Get good gear, open a gr100 with 0 paragon points allocated. Clear the rift easily. Now remove your good gear and equip bad gear with whatever para you think is too high. Most likely won’t clear 100.

The real issue with paragon points is how easy it is to farm currently even when you’re 8k/10k. Change the xp curve after 4000 to be much steeper, and paragon will be much less of an issue, if currently lvl 10k players were 6-7k, their main stat advantage wouldn’t be as significant.
I would also like to lower the power if paragon in tegards to augments. Like, I’d make paragon give 3 main stat but augments give 10. You’d be rewarded fir grinding caldesann more than for grinding paragon lvl then.

This is a great idea. The devs should rethink the philosphy of the paragon system and implement something like this and the other one mentioned in this thread. That would solve a lot of my concerns with the system.

keep it like that please.
keep those elitists grinders out of randoms and only complaining at the forums.

People are solo’ing GR150s in the season because of the Pandemonium theme being so powerful, not because of their paragon levels. In the recent Barb solo GR150 clearance the hero killed no more than 30 mobs in the entire run. The rest of the progress was due to killstreak effects and the end boss was kept stun-locked whilst the 500 streak angels killed it.

As an example, on my non-seasonal WW/Rend Barb, with around 3200 paragon I’ve done a solo GR121. On my seasonal WW/Rend, with inferior gear and around 1600 paragon I’ve done a solo GR125 and that’s not the highest I can take her. With a good map / mobs / pylons, I think I’ve got maybe another 2-3 GRs in her. So, for me, the theme’s probably going to get me to around GR127-128, with 1600 less paragon (so 8000 STR less).

It’s the theme, not paragon levels.

1 Like

You obviously have no clue how long it takes to get even medium sized paragon level. Why remove the little progress you get from paragon while endlessly fishing for great gear? You will hit a brick wall pretty quickly, and augments won’t help much.

It’s hard enough to find a good item as it is, and you need the mats for reforging. Drop rates are fine.

I’ll have to try that some day. :smiley:

Having a low paracap and saying it should be about the “Gear Grind” don’t realize that by the time you get to 1000, your generally already geared out to about 95% of your gear’s power gain. Its NOT hard to get to 90% of max gear power in the game if you know what your doing. Putting a low paragon cap would basically kill the playerbase for the season as when your max paragon level with 95%+ gear power, why play when you gain no meaningful increases and can end up wasting your time.
Paragon 1000 takes very little time to get to.

And this has been discussed in great length many times over. Putting paragon caps (esp. low ones) in place only hurts legitimate players. The bots will STILL get to max cap faster then you and get the best gear quicker then you. And if your talking leaderboards here, they will STILL be on top of the boards cause if two players have the same clear, the one that cleared first will be on top. So putting limits changes nothing except driving away legit players that don’t want to waste time on gaining nothing. Even 2000 cap isn’t that high really and legit players can easily reach it (see rat runs gaining trillions of XP per hour).

1 Like

Please do not cap the paragon system. It is not an infinite progression system and it is fantastic. What the system does is ultimately reward time spent playing the game. Diablo 3’s genius, by the way and in my opinion, is that nothing goes to waste. I know of no other game on earth that so relentlessly and fiercely rewards time invested playing the game, long after playing the game.

2 Likes

ITT: Botters begging to keep infinite paragons, Non-botters asking for paragon cap

Hilarious to watch. Keep going.

1 Like

I play exclusively on console, have been playing for years, currently have a paragon level in the 1300s, and I absolutely love the paragon system. Game design should never solve a cheating problem. Technology must solve the cheating problem.

So your basically calling me a bot. Ya, my 1000 paragon totals signifies botting.

This has been discussed to death on why paragon caps or limits on XP gains and such are bad ideas and ONLY affect the legit players. It does not affect bots one bit. Putting any type of cap or limit in place will NOT change the status quo with regards to the leaderboards.