Nintendo switch

Fair enough, but don’t ever make me blame anything on Nintendo!

Bah, yeah they probably share equal blame if cross progression isn’t supported.

Let’s hope it is. Blizzard honestly should have done their due diligence, let’s hope they did.

Thank goodness! That its launching on time! Thank you so much for sharing this!!

No problem! I know a lot of people want more info about the Switch version. Hopefully we get that blog post soon and there’s not too much bad news in it. Thinking of picking up a Switch copy if it’s got cross progression.

1 Like

Yup. Even with all the problems console has in regards to this game, cross progression is all I need. Even if the game was 1p cross progression- not great, but I’d still buy a copy.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d probably pick a copy up if it’s supported. Would be good for quick mf sessions when I just wanna be lazy on the couch etc. I do hope they add lobbies and text chat to consoles at some point though.

2 Likes

Here’s an update on the Switch version from their new article: Players on Nintendo Switch yearning to play with friends online will be able to group up and play alongside up to 4 players. We found that 4-player co-op was the optimal experience when playing on the Nintendo Switch system, especially in handheld mode. We hope players will enjoy all the fun of playing Diablo II: Resurrected on-the-go.

2 Likes

No word about FPS if its 30 its kinda less than optimal, or maybe they made it 4 players only to pull off 60 FPS, but I doubt it.

I’m assuming it’s gonna be 30 fps. The Switch isn’t very strong tbh. If it does have cross progression, the fps won’t be a deal breaker for me. I’m just gonna use the Switch to do solo mf runs when I’m feeling lazy lol.

1 Like

The new update still isn’t 100% clear if my progression from PC battlenet (not singleplayer) can be continued online on my switch. As soon as that is confirmed I will also get it on Switch. Four players only is a bummer from an XP standpoint, but it’s not a deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

Source? More characters

3 Likes

I struggled a bit to find it myself cos of autoredirect in my country website version which has not that news uploaded yet. Anyway:

2 Likes

Cross progression for the Switch has been confirmed by Rod on twitter.

3 Likes

What a relief
More characters

1 Like

Hmm I tried to look for this confirmation but Twitter REALLY wants me to sign up to see content now.

(And that’s definitely not happening)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Can’t post links cause I posted a survey a while ago and didn’t know it wasn’t allowed :frowning: But he specifically replied to this question “Hi Rod, can you please clarify if the Switch version will support cross progression? Debating on buying a Switch if it will.”

And he said “It supports cross progression”

So woohooo. Lol. Ahh I see someone linked it above also.

1 Like

Thank you, friend. I am very happy.

They could add Charm Inventory at this point, and it would still be a good day for me.

(Though I still hate the idea :smiley: )

And thank you too for bringing this to my attention. You guys made my day!

1 Like

yeah it’s a huge relief that it has cross progression i am still worried about necro summons if it cant handle 8 players on screen though.

The NintendoSwitch V2 is likely soon(ish) to release. This won’t be that big a deal for players who intend to buy one :slight_smile: It should have good enough hardware (but likely still crappy compared to new gen) to run this decently well.

1 Like