Nintendo switch

Im hoping the release for the switch is completely separate ( or does not release at all on the switch ) and diff from its counter parts on pc and other consoles.

Due to jailbroken nintendo switch consoles the game will be doomed from the start, and will turn out to be d2 as it is now

The save files are serverside. There shouldn’t be any more issue with Switch than there is on PC.

2 Likes

It’s releasing on Switch. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do. I’ll save this when it releases and check on you :slight_smile:

by releasing on switch do you mean on September 23 with the full game including online?

except there is a distinctive lack of online support on the switch website for the game. it doesn’t have the this game supports online play banner or the footnote that a nintendo switch online account is needed.

Diablo 2 resurrected will release on Switch on the 23. Will it be on par with it’s other console counterparts? No. The Switch has it’s limitations. Along with the reality that Nintendo’s online functionality isn’t all that great.

Just look at Super Smash Bros Ultimate as an example. I play Sheik, and well, since you know what, I haven’t been on since after playing a few online tourneys in the earlier stages of the past lockdown.

the issue is it’s the only date that they said was " subject to changes" on the beta site and on the nintendo switch store page with no mention of online and a number of players that says “to be determined” when it says 8 player online on every other platform

Yeah, I noticed that myself.
I can’t recall where, but some game publication, or some Youtube channel, mentioned that the switch version of DII R may end up only supporting 4 players max. I can’t remember where I saw this from so take it with a grain of salt.

Like I said before, the Switch version is bound to have some features that won’t be on the other two current consoles. Those being Xbox One and Playstation 4. This is even more so apparent for the enhanced versions of those two consoles. Then there is Next Gen.

You are truly childish man. It’s simply about it being possibly not released, didn’t say it would not get released but said it was a possibility. Oh well to take you own words “grow up”

2 Likes

Im still concerned about it when there are users with the sole purpose and goal to reach is do nothing but try and hack and/or break the game

Oh you absolutely should be concerned about it, I just don’t think a jailbroken switch is the weakspot. I’d be much more concerned about cheating on PC, tbh.

2 Likes

i likely wont be getting it on my switch, i wasn’t too found of the controller support when i tested it on pc,
but from what i know how of playstation games are made, if the is going to be any sort cartridge for it… its not at all ready.

the game would to had to have “gone gold” by now and we would have heard of that.

so its either delayed for switch or switch is still digital only

The game is digital only on all consoles, and PC my friend.

Also, I have heard a lot of people say they love it on controller, and others that don’t.
Probably just preference. If it has cross progression on bnet chars, I’ll definitely but a copy on Switch. If not, I won’t.

1 Like

17 more days to find out Switch specifics or bust!

1 Like

this is the saddest thing about D2 R in my opinion.
I wished for a collector edition :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s some updates on Switch version from Pez’s twitter:

“More deets on Switch is coming. We have a blog prepped for that and Nintendo will have preorders up a little before launch”

“Very soon. Different first party groups have different ways of communicating on their platforms. Switch preorders will be live closer to launch and is still launching on 9/23.”

The first one is in regards to cross progression and whether we’re getting details soon. Seems we’ll get a blog post about the Switch version soon and pre orders will be up within the next few weeks. The launch date hasn’t changed for Switch.

2 Likes

well that sucks a blog about one console is never a good thing it’s just a way to tell us the bad news in a longer format to explain why they are telling us the bad news.

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking they’re gonna say no cross progression and 4 player games or something… Ugh. We shall see.

Lol, instant refund/nobuy if no cross progression. Honestly that is something they would have known wasn’t possible ages ago if true, and as such should have been honest and open about.

The 4p thing I can forgive easier, as that’s completely reasonable with the hardware limitations of Switch.

Lack of cross progression will seriously disappoint me.

3 Likes

it actually might not have been, video streaming sites went and developed switch apps because nintendo said they could put them on the system early in the life of the switch but to this day hulu is the only one that has been allowed on.

also i wouldn’t be surprised if blizzard couldn’t figure out how to port the game to ARM without major problems with the code (it was designed for x86 21 years ago after all) and went ahead with an emulator that broke the online functionality.