New Survey Posted on Reddit 4/19/21

I dont know, it specifically states under used runewords. So it might hopefully just open up build opportunities. If they dont flub it that is lol.

1 Like

ā€œAdditional Hotbar option on interfaceā€ If they start messing with that Iā€™m cancelling my preorder 100%

This honestly sounds terrible to me.

Power creep is the biggest plague in modern rpgs.

The idea that Iā€™ll need to play every single ladder for fear of missing an item that only appears for 3/4 months never to return sounds awful and is lazy development. Not to mention the economic damage that would do to nl and PvP rules. Fighting over what items are GM vs BM is already hard enough in this game.

1 Like

You could always trade for it if you didnā€™t play that ladder. It would be like having new limited runewords. Youā€™re thinking too much into it, itā€™s not hard to agree to rules during PvP if youā€™re playing with GM people. Imagine if they changed infinity one Ladder to actually make it viable to play a fire druid or fire sorc in Hell. Thatā€™s not a bad thing to me.

It states under used runewords. So, I dont think there would be changes to Infinity or Enimga, BotD, etc.

No Iā€™m not looking too far into it at all. Currently to compete you need broken 1.08 dupes, this would make people hoard and overprice the temporary items.

Really, no thanks. I want a remaster like theyā€™ve promised us. No new skills, no level 150, no new items.

1 Like

Ahh didnā€™t see that part, Iā€™d still like that though.

I donā€™t get why youā€™d want to be stuck in patch 1.14d. I would like the game to be updated. Thereā€™s no reason for them to keep the game frozen in time. Blizzard was pushing out patches back in the day and the game was still good. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get to play a vanilla-ish ladder or two upon release anyways, before they update it more.

If I wanted constant updates where all my items become useless multiple times a year, Iā€™d play D3 more than I do.

Itā€™s a good game but why min max a build when itā€™s going to be useless in 6 months.

1 Like

Your items wouldnā€™t become useless. Did that happen in Diablo 2 before? They never changed legacy items. If anything, those older versions were more OP.

And as the OP pointed out, theyā€™re talking about runewords that are barely used. So, your uniques and rares would be safe and pretty much all of your runewords.

1 Like

Yes it happened, in 1.10. It made top uniques (the rarest uniques in the game, in some instances) almost completely useless. People spent thousands of hours farming for windforces and after that patch theyā€™re basically useless.

Same thing in D3.

Same thing in just about every Arpg.

Power creep is an ugly hell, and developers need to find better ways to keep a game fresh.

3 Likes

They arenā€™t talking about touching uniques thoughā€¦ they mentioned runewords that are barely used.

Once you start updating runewords, do you really think theyā€™ll stop? Thatā€™s how power creep happens. It will need to continue to keep the game ā€˜freshā€™

This is why I want 1.14 to stay as is balance wise. Then they can change whatever they want in a separate realm and Iā€™ll still play.

2 Likes

So youā€™re basically just assuming things. Gotcha. I see you are pretty much resistant to any changes though, Iā€™m not. I can always go play original D2 1.14d if I want to.

A separate realm would be fine though.

Assumptions based on decades of games doing exactly what Iā€™m saying, sure.

Thereā€™s no question power creep is a real problem in D3, there have been interviews with blizzard where they are very open about what has happened since d3ā€™s release.

Iā€™m not against all changes, most of the changes theyā€™ve announced Iā€™m ok with.

Gamble refresh, auto gold, shared stash are all good changes.

What they are not is balance changes, which can change a game for the worse quite quickly, especially a nostalgic remaster.

2 Likes

Or balance changes can improve the game drastically and make more builds viable. Why should a hammerdin be able to clear everything in the game easily while a bowzon nowadays struggles to chaos etc? I really donā€™t think theyā€™d go down the D3 type of balance route. They know they would get crucified for that.

The gameā€™s balance in patch 1.14d is kind of terrible to be honest.

Anyways glad to see Blizzard is getting more opinions and asking about potential changes. I would love to see improvements to D2R.

1 Like

Yep, itā€™s terrible, imbalanced, some classes are better at finding runes, some better at MFing, and some are damned near useless.

Thatā€™s kinda the point. If I want to recreate the terrible martial arts assassin I had because Iā€™m feeling nostalgic, I should be able to do so, with the same skills and stats she had a decade or so ago.

Remaster. Nostalgia. Itā€™s why many of us bought this game.

Remaster. QoL changes. Potential balancing as they said. Itā€™s why I bought the game. If I want to make a martial arts assassin, there should be viable builds for it. Who would want to make a martial arts assassin when theyā€™re absolutely terrible just for nostalgia? Not me. You might enjoy the limited viable builds, but some of us want more options.

2 Likes

You can make that assassin, just roll on non ladder if that ladder season has possible assassin skill changes.

Except there are already ladder only rws and uniques, so that point is moot.

I really hope they donā€™t go changing everything skill and item wise, Iā€™ll rethink buying 4 copies of the game if thatā€™s the case.