New Rumor/Leak - D2 Remaster

oh my mistake. i thought green meant you had some power. just the power to be super cool?

is it because you have a super high like ratio or something?

1 Like

Nope.

It is because I spent years helping people with tech issues, game issues, and navigating the support system. So basically I am just an information desk for a lot of things.

Not that I am not a player and stuff too! But the green is for being a helpful form poster (not player). There are actually different programs with different leads.

Currently I am a Tech/Customer Support MVP, WoW Community MVP, and was a D3 Community MVP before they mothballed that program.

The SC2 forum still has the old sticky which covers the basics.

If D2R was made, I’d just want one that won’t delete my online bnet character after not playing it for some time.

I’d be OK with Online Only

I hear it’s not easy…

1 Like

That’s been my belief. They might. They don’t have to. I don’t believe the rumors that they are on it or the headcanon of some posters that it was cancelled and turned into D4.

Im.sure they will at some point. The priority ATM is making D4.

It’s not proof they aren’t either.

The truth is if there’s a thing like D2 HD that they started working on when the “multiple Diablo projects” video got released and it morphed into D2 Remake that is to be released before D4 launch, it is this Blizzconline that it will be announced at.

It’s literally now or never for Diablo 2.

There is a proof, however, that they are working on 3 unannounced games.
Codenames are: Auks, Fore, Orbis. This is what our dataminers found. They also found that 2 different Diablo4 builds have been merged into 1 recently.

Datamining can be done on released versions of games.

You can not datamine code you don’t have access to. Unless you are saying you have access to the internal Blizzard servers. In which case be prepared to be in deep legal trouble.

Otherwise, you are outright telling falsehoods.

I don’t know how they do it exactly (or can it really be called “datamining”), but they do have some hidden, though practically open information. So ye, this is not a lie.

Without data, you’re just another person with an opinion.

W. Edwards Deming

Please post link. Preferably to the source of the raw data.

If you re really interested, no prob, i ll copy a couple of open links those guys posted .)

https://beta.blizztrack.com/
https://content-ui.battle.net/en-gb/browse/fenris

There is more info they are discussing on the forum, I wont post it here, as I already said the essential.

2 Likes

How’s that Resurrected title coming . Oh wait it didn’t happen Fake News

He isn’t lying, Fenris is the code name of Diablo 4, indeed.

From the link provided it looks like what he’s going off of is that anybody can read the information on the CDN that they use for battle net to distribute builds of their games.

It’s not access to internal servers and you don’t get access to any game code/files you shouldn’t have. It’s information that is publicly available, you just need to know how to read it. They also often put up internal developer builds on there, and we can read the manifest information for it(but that’s it, no access to game files).

Assuming the information is accurate that would mean there are builds for 3 things on battle net called Auks, Fore, and Orbis that we don’t know what they are. We know none of them are Diablo 4 because that’s got its own build on there codenamed Fenris.

That said it seems a bit pointless to try to speculate as to what these are and if we’ll ever see them. We know virtually nothing about them beyond their codenames.

1 Like

Please, don’t do this to me, about to have a heart attack when saw the D2R thread on top :rofl:

I believe that the Mac thing doesn’t offer anything pointing to D2R. Linking the fact of not being able to run in newer Macs with a remaster is a bit forced in my opinion.

And, about the “Soon” Twitter thing, the same credibility he earned with previous successful predictions should be confronted with him failing 2 times in a row with the remaster thing.

I mean, a remaster could be announced in the future, or even in this Bconline, however I don’t think there’s any solid reason for supporting it beyond Kotick’s words about remasters.

Burden of proof isn’t on the status quo.

1 Like

From the recent article regarding new Battle.net:

Battle.net has been a huge part of our history going back to the release of the original Diablo in 1996.

It’s interesting how they mention Diablo in between - is this a hidden reference to D2 coming to new Battle.net finally?

its fine as it is until there comes a remaster or something ( kinda fine without that aswell tbh)

It needs a re-MAKE. A re-master will only please the diehards still playing classic LOD. The game is old, and showing the cracks and gaps of a 20 year old game.

they cant do anything else then a remaster without people loosing their sh*t, also the game is so old and out dated that its hard to make it feel “fresh”, good graphics wont cut it, would be cool if they can upscale it more but otherwise i dont really see the need of a remaster.