New Rumor/Leak - D2 Remaster

I mean, google search “Diablo 2 Resurrected” and its all over.

Leaked information saying D2: Remaster will be launched in 2020 long before Diablo 4 comes out. Its from the same source that predicted Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 at BlizzCon.

7 Likes

D4 has a long way to go before it sees release day.

So an interim event is expected.

That interim event will be D: Immortal (on the phone). I have a phone. How about you folks? Do you not have a phone???

2 Likes

So, they buried WC3 and now you people want the same with D2? What’s wrong with today’s generation, seriously…

13 Likes

Just because Warcraft 3 Reforged is bad, it doesn’t mean a D2 Remake would be too.
And if it is, who cares. Still worth an attempt.

D2 Remake obviously shouldn’t remove access to the original.

6 Likes

The original source however is not , This information is not credible in the slightest. When a Blue post comes out then ill believe something

Obviously current D2 servers are bye-bye.

No reason they should be.

1 Like

From a technology standpoint, I can think of some. It would mean having everything on a modern platform that uses common software and is easier to keep updated. Also offers more security options.

I would not have an issue (personally) with them moving the online Bnet portion to the newer infrastructure and allowing log in via the Launcher. However, I think they need to leave the offline and LAN portions alone and allow those to still function. Further, make it clear HOW to do that.

1 Like

i still have hope about diablo 2 remaster :slight_smile:

1 Like

Original D2 does not need to be updated though, nor does it require more security options.
The Remake can have all that.
The only thing you gain by removing the ability to play the original game is pissing people off, like with WC3R.

Now, if they can move old D2 to the BNet client, and have the old game be playable through that, alongside with a Remake, then I cant imagine anyone would care. It is only an issue if they replace the old game with the new.

But yeah, definitely need to let the offline game be playable as well. But it is not like they could remove that, even if they wanted to.
Afaik, Original WC3 is still perfectly playable offline as well.

1 Like

I do not see anything from Jason Schreier @ Kotaku yet.

If we use Blizzard’s past remastering as a baseline for how this might go, I would expect it to all become one client with both original and remastered visuals as options.

They don’t have to do it but both WC3R and Starcraft Remastered do that. It just seems to be how Blizzard handles remasters.

That said if they do it more like Starcraft Remastered the game still plays very much like the original game.

1 Like

They’d have to do a WoW classic and rebuild it to work within the new infrastructure. Not sure how much change underneath that would require.

That’s because he left that garbage website. That snake is now working for bloomberg, go figure.

1 Like

If it’s anything like Classic WoW there will end up being a number of changes to the game, both intentional and unintentional.

I suspect Diablo 2 might play a fair bit differently if they’re going to fix the shoddy netcode that it runs on. We saw it on Classic WoW with spell batching: A lot of lag compensation stuff from 20 years ago doesn’t run quite the same on Blizzard’s 2020 infrastructure.

Seems likely.
Which is a good reason not to remove the ability to play the old game. Let people pick the one they want to play.

1 Like

I bet it would be easier to do than WoW classic just given the size of the games. But yup, anytime you modernize old games you are bound to cause problems.

God I so hope they do, so these nostalgia D2 players will stop trying to turn D4 into a antiquated outdated system such as D2

2 Likes

Ya, let’s leave it like D3 had it. That seemed really popular lol. I think D4 should change it up with itemization (more interesting items to look for i.e. D2, also some of the modifiers could use some mechanics from D2) and lvl 99 for sure.

I would look at some other things as well such as the skill bar and monster resistances and immunites.

I want D4 to be more D2 like and the D2 reforged, give me both please.

*D2 reforged - change the way Dclone is spawned (difficult to do but not reliant on very, very, very hard to find sojs (dupes and bots)).
*Get rid of bots

These two things should make a big improvement to D2. #1 is a result of the botting (getting rid of sojs) so mostly I just want the bots gone please. But, the dclone spawn will need to be changed too since there won’t be a huge economy of dubiously acquired sojs on the market (or a small decrease in soj raririty - maybe 2x-3x as likely to find; ballpark of finding a random hr rarity). Players shouldn’t need to find multiple sojs as they are now, that’s really difficult to do in a single ladder season.

The Dclone is sadly for players that bot and they form groups to sell sojs together. It’s a club and most regular players don’t get in on the game address that all these guys camp (cause you need multiple sojs to get in and sojs are very very rare). Most regular players won’t ever see Dclone as it is now. Sometimes you can hunt ips for the dclone but that involves downloading software and is a giant pain, and is still hard to do.

2 Likes