Why is there no people talking about D2 Resurrected here?

It was a hot topic at Diablo Reddit and I am surprised that there isn’t any buzz about Diablo 2 Resurrected talk here.

Is it because posters here don’t entertain “rumor”?

Perhaps because these are the Diablo III forums.

9 Likes

If you must
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/diablo-2-resurrected-remaster-leaked/6776

“In addition, our business units will continue to tap into our portfolio of beloved IP to bring several remastered and re-imagined experiences to our players in 2020, which we will announce closer to launch,” Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said in the earnings call.

1 Like

Make sense. Because there were so many D2 threads in D3 forum, I got myself confused and completely forgotten that there was a D2 forum there.

2 Likes

Because it belongs in the D2 forums. Pluse it’s a rumor not confirmed yet by Blizzard.

2 Likes

Only seeing the rumor now due to that Rhykker video.
Well, I hope it is correct. But I am doubtful. Q4 2020 seems very unlikely.

A D2 Remaster of course seems relatively likely overall. But we would have heard more about it if it was coming so soon I think.

2 Likes

And I rather see d4 instead of d2

3 Likes

Yeah. Look forward, not backward.

2 Likes

if it’s true they missed an amazing opportunity in the name Diablo II: Respawn

1 Like

Literally the first I’ve heard of it. Exciting if true.

1 Like

Sorry, PoE has Respawn taken. It’s the internal codename for this league’s mechanic. :wink:

1 Like

damn. would have fit so perfectly.

1 Like

This makes me a touch nervous if it’s true. I haven’t heard a lot of good about the Starcraft Remaster and I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about how WC3:R was handled. Thankfully, D2 doesn’t tie into your battle.net program like it did for WC3 and I’ve already downloaded original installer versions of D2 and LoD in case they try to pull some kind of shady shenanigans.

2 Likes

They removed the StarEditor from Starcraft Remaster, and ask you to use 3rd party program if you want to create SC1 map.

:thinking:

Because its a rumor nothing more . Something a Youtuber who has ZERO information about blizzard posted potentially for nothing more then views.
When i see something in the form fof a blue post i might give it some credibiliity.
Or i can be like those in your reddit post. I can sit there and follow a youtuber and pretend like what he speaks about is actual fact and follow him blindly

2 Likes

Every time there’s a rumor about a new game, it releases this year, this month or this week. That doesn’t prove anything just proves how thirsty the fanbase is even to the faulty news. D4 supposed to release at 2020 if we look at fanbase’s hype-meter, surprisingly we didn’t get any release date and remark was “not even Blizzard soon™”.

If it’s really aimed at Q4 2020 according to game journalists, even without a Blizzcon this year we’ll hear about it a month away and next month we’ll have it at its latest. That’s not realistic to me.
The thing is, they always give time for development process after an announce. We saw this with Wc3: Rg, it took them a year after announce at least. If we supposed to get this at '20, don’t you think there’d be a presentation at '19 Blizzcon?

1 Like

It already exists

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

as for that other link

https://www.actugaming.net/blizzard-diablo-2-resurrected-sortirait-fin-2020-329561/

While the Activision branch reassured investors this morning, we have just learned, from sources close to the studio, that several projects are in preparation at Blizzard. Among these, there is a certain remaster of Diablo 2, where our indiscretions allowed us to know a little more, including its name and its release period.

Diablo 2 Resurrected for the end of the year?

Mentioned several times, this remastered Diablo 2 is a rumor that is becoming more and more persistent and which gained a little more weight when Diablo 4 was. We have just learned a little more about the nature of this project not yet presented by Blizzard, the information coming from sources which obviously preferred to remain anonymous.

Among the many projects to come, we would therefore have a remastered edition of the second episode of the hack’n’slash series which would take the name of Diablo 2 Resurrected. The release is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2020, although the date may be slightly delayed due to the current situation.

It is the desire to introduce the series to the approach of Diablo 4 that would have prompted the Californian company to offer a remastered edition. According to our sources, it is the Vicarious Visions studio which would support Blizzard for this Diablo 2 Resurrected, project on which it would work since the release of the Crash Bandicoot trilogy. Remember that Vicarious also worked on the port of Destiny 2.

No visibility however on the announcement of this remaster. Although the exit is well fixed before the fourth shutter and evoked for the moment in the last quarter 2020, difficult to know when will be the officialization. Perhaps in the coming months as part of the Summer Game Fest, unless Blizzard waits for its annual BlizzCon, scheduled for early November, to announce a surprise date. It will probably depend on the progress of the project.

Highly unlikely given how long WC3 remastered took from Blizzcon announcement to actual release.

1 Like