New Blizzard D2R Survey

Blizzard sent out a survey yesterday/today requesting player feedback on possible changes to D2R. Personally, I did not receive one, but the sheer volume of independent reports demonstrate it is almost certainly true.

These include already announced things such as auto-gold pickup and included more controversial topics such as personal loot and charm inventory. It is also interesting for these they asked specifically if they were wanted at D2R launch.

So… who else got a survey for Diablo today in their email??? They’re asking a lot of questions. : Diablo (reddit.com)

Blizzard seems to be seriously considering gameplay changes to D2:R : diablo2 (reddit.com)

You can make your own inferences.

4 Likes

I got a survey email from them about a week and a half ago. However I don’t check my email but maybe once a week, so the link was already expired when I finally saw it. :frowning_face:

Honestly I kinda feel like an abandoned child since I didn’t get one lol.

12 Likes

me either… :worried: Hope it comes soon I love to give my stinkin opinion…

I am just happy that there are trying to get a more representative sample of D2 players in relation to D2R. I do not know how many read/saw “Russia House” with Sean Connery. Often the question that are asked are informative, because it lets you know what the questioner is thinking about/does not know.

I did mine last night, told them to add 240x mob density and unicorn mounts or im refunding.

Wonder why blizzard isnt asking everyone for feedback? Maybe just people with d2 linked to their battlenets?

1 Like

My D2:LoD is linked and no survey. I am not sure how they decided whom to sample or how much of that sample population.

4 Likes

This excites me to no end.

1 Like

They just need to offer both versions of the game. One for no changes and one to keep the game relevant.

6 Likes

I asked the same in another Topic. Like we are all here to provide information/our thoughts on the game. Thats why we are haning aroun on the Forums.

Or like if they would had asked all who Pre-ordered or something. But it seems to be complete random.

I think this is very positive and means that devs want to do their best with d2r. Personally I didn’t receive any mail but I hope they will send to me!

I linked for years played recently LoD and I ( still ) didn’t have it too, maybe tomorrow or later this week.

So…they think about it.

never have any D2R Survey :frowning:

the game need a balance patch plz anf better xp distribution , no afk baal room leeching xp , player need to play the game

I have 8 accounts with linked D2 keys and none of them got the survey mail, so that’s definitely not it.

I received the survey yesterday in my email at 4:10 P.M., but I didn’t fill it out until late last night. Hadn’t checked my email until late last night. So, yea, all the screenshots that people have been posting about the survey are real. Asked me the same things about D2: R! I didn’t take any screenshots. Was so focused on the survey itself. Only took a screenshot of the email itself! :slight_smile:
https ://ibb.co/ZdBFsF1

If theyre going to be implementing these changes, then I dearly hope a non-altered D2R server will be made available. It’d be really sad if we wont be able to simply play Diablo II again with nicer graphics, as this project was announced. It was such a relief thinking a great old game, the likes of which are almost extinct, could be renewed with such pleasing visuals.

Im really not interested in playing a Diablo 2 with gameplay mechanics from D3, so Ill definitely ask for a refund if that’s what D2R becomes. If it does, I hope Blizzard will be classy enough to make it clear before it becomes too late to refund.

6 Likes

Agreed the only solution that will work for most new and old players is creating a fork of the game. I really wish we could get some developer feedback on this idea.

3 Likes

I agree. Preserve D2 in D2R and make an updated/improved version in D2R.

2 Likes

We can do without the loaded names, M
But separate servers, sure. One for subtle changes, other with changes determined by survey. =P