Nerf Thread on General

My 7 data points now has the Chiefs winning 4-3.

Does this mean they need to be Nerfed?

Or do San Fran need to be buffed?

:thinking:

Nerf Saleh. Definitely nerf Saleh.

In before someone quotes you claiming only buffs, never nerfs… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s two beverages I’ve spit across my desk today thanks to you.

TWO.

Nerf Phoenix.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My work here is done…again. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

|Class|Barbarian|Crusader|Demon Hunter|Monk|Necromancer|Witch Doctor|Wizard|
|GR Avg.|130|138|125|130|123|130|130|

If you are copying this out of excel. Add an entry to “Class” in the top left, then it will format correctly.

OR

Add

| Class

in front of | Barbarian

I’ve told you that the barb curve is more like that of WD in the right half of the interval you choose. That part is what we care about most. Yet you didn’t believe.

2 Likes

Don’t engage, my friend.

It’s a done deal. We won.

Nev shut it down and put the nail in the Fun Police coffin. Let’s move on to getting ready for the next patch.

10 Likes

At GR 129-131, the GR efficiency calculation has barbs ahead by 11%. This data does not a have ton of data points and is the America region only (n=75 for barbs and n= 6 for witch doctors at that time). As you noted, the gap becomes more pronounced the further left you go (i.e. to lower GRs).

The other thing I should mention is that at lower GRs there are more data points (especially important for WDs) and the data is likely more reliable. For example for GR 119-121, n= 35 for WDs., n=441 for barbs.

This will also happen when bliz buff dh next patch. I am not so satisfied with p5000 method.

------------------------Here is my opanion about how to do balance stuff---------------------
Different build/ class will have different GR eff curves. To better minimize the gaps, I would suggest bliz do an integration instead of pick up p5000 data.

1. Find active players distributions(paragon). paragon–number of players;
  2. integrate the gr eff diff with respect to distributions. minimize the gaps.
3 Likes

See, barb is fine.
Im sure someone here can relate to this picture :joy:

Imgur

Did I hear BADDUMTISS

Million dollar suggestion, have him on ignore. 1000 posts later, everything is fine and good.

3 Likes

When balancing, we need a point of reference to work around. The “ideal” class set performance for Diablo III is approximately Greater Rift 130, solo, and assumes the character has 5000 Paragon levels .

KEKW, if they are really intending to achieve that, they have to nerf every single build by a LOT :smiley:

1 Like

It would make sense with their line of not increasing gr cap, which is a fine thing. The lack of possibilty to have gr gaps between groups fo years killed interest for many ppl who cared only about group.
Anyway, I personally have low expectactions, people might complain if it is a nerf only patch, even though it should be a thing at least to solve group end game.

Logged in just for this. Lols

Well that is what 1 millionth time that we said “I told you so”

lol

How they balance you say still. They came to their senses and decided to consider not the top pushes but pushes in the median range. Similar to what I suggested in the past. And apparently that post still applies to them.

12 Likes

lol
look even MC likes the nev’s post

Imgur
:joy: :joy:

8 Likes

Lol he needs to remind them ToS BS CoC etc. boo hoo

2 Likes

Why? It is average GR130 for 5k paragon, not max.

1 Like