Nerf Thread on General

There seems to be something a little weird. The worldwide numbers may be right. That is why I am curious to see if I can reproduce something similar (in the knowledge that our data is from different days).

Who is you vote for the Super Bowl poll?

Hahaha that’s awesome. Have a great day(s).

:+1:

So far my massive review of 6 data points shows the Super Bowl will be a 3 all tie.

4 Likes

Point of Information: While there is a Kansas City, Kansas; the Chiefs are in Kansas City, Missouri.

Damn, you don’t have to call me out like that :joy: I actually watched my first ever NFL game a little while ago (Saints v Vikings), I was genuinely quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it. There’s a lot more strategy and contact than certain Aussie AFL/NRL fans would lead you to believe :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, I was only jesting about none of us understanding. Although not so much about how long the game takes to play.

It’s interesting talking to Americans about AFL/League, and they are horrified about the lack of padding and helmets. Just what we are all used to growing up with I guess

1 Like

It is funny the Nurf Squad was impatiently waiting for the Balance Blog to prove themselves right, now the Fun police are trying to use Blizzard’s own numbers to prove the Blog is wrong!
It will never end. :thinking: :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

1 Like

I just did a quick check for worldwide witch doctors (all 4 regions) for the current non-season using
http://ranks.zeroempathy.org/e12.wd

This only lists the top 200 era WD clears (Range GR 143-122). Of these, 30 were paragon 4.5K to 5.5K. Their average clear was 128.0. A similar result is obtain if one only considers 4.8K to 5.2K paragon (n=12, average = GR 127.6).

For necromancers using the same method, the average was 121.6. (GR range 136-120 for entire top 200)
For DHs using the same method, the average was 126.4 (GR range 141-125 for entire top 200)

Their data looked at the leaderboards in 4 regions. Therefore, one would anticipate that these leaderboards have additional clears that did not make the top 200 worldwide for ~5K paragon players (i.e. equal to or less than GR 122 for WD as an example). Therefore, the average for all WD players ~5K paragon who made their region-specific leaderboards must be equal to or less than 128.

Nev mentioned that they averaged regions first and then got a global average. As such, one could imagine that the numbers can be skewed if one region is an outlier.

These numbers in the blog post table seem puzzling even more so in light of:

I’ll say!
It all comes down to “Spin To Win!” so don’t worry about it. :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

Imagine being so concerned with ramming your clear as day agenda down everyones throats that you are now going to waste part of your life trying to tell Blizzard why their own numbers are wrong. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

Imagine the good you could do making those numbers benefit other classes by getting them buffed to similar levels…

5 Likes

You are so right, Buff 3 classes up, tweak one class down and you are in the 3-4 GRs range very easily and done. :balance_scale:
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

I love how you used so few words to make that clear and correct.

I can’t believe you didn’t choose to write a War & Peace style essay, include 7 million points of useless data, 48 tables that mean nothing to most people, and all of that just to cry that one class needs to be nerfed.

What a strange world you must live in. :rofl:

3 Likes

Math, statistics, and logic puzzles are fun for some people.

LoL thanks for the complement. :smile:
Using the numbers Blizzard chose, they made it easy for themselves, why make it so complicated that anything close to a Balance would be impossible. As it stands right now, in 2 steps they can have as close to a balance a D3 ever had, all the Dev’s have to do is be careful not to “over or under shoot” as they say now, what ever they are striving for each class they are tweaking, weather it be up or down.
It boils down to, just keep it simple. Edit “I should of added” and lots of testing before any final decisions.
:yin_yang:

1 Like

Preview of Micro’s new data set and findings:

Barbs still need to be nerfed.

Carry on.

1 Like

On that we agree.

Would just be nice if you used them in a good way, instead of your BS agenda which Blizz has already shot down.

Use it for helping the weaker classes.

With great data, comes great responsibility.

1 Like

Exactly. This is a big mistake. For example:
Very few players on my server play with WD, especially “well”. If we take clears into account, clearly the data will lead to a “buff” for WD. But a player with 7k paragon close 143 solo …
So, if the goal is balance, you should take into account the potential of the build, this information would be better collected by clears from players who are really pushing with the build / class

The top 1000 of the leaderboard was dowmloaded Jan. 3 America Region

Class Barb Crusader DH Monk Necro WD Wizard
Average GR for 4.5K-5.5K Player (Era America Region) 123.9 127.5 118.8 121.6 108.5 115.1 120.2

I think for people who play the game that they would find it odd that the power of WD and barbs are all averaged to GR 130 for worldwide for ~5K players on the leaderboard

I find it odd that your Table looks like a poorly made eye examination chart.
The Blog’s chart is much easier to read and it makes more sense! Maybe you should copy that one. :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle:
:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Here is the data from Jan .3 for era 12 WD in America Region

WD Era 12 Rank GR Clear Paragon
9 133 4512
15 129 4979
19 127 4939
24 125 4747
26 125 5375
29 125 4583
46 120 4908
47 120 5256
48 120 5179
51 120 4583
53 120 4888
117 115 5455
128 115 4660
132 115 4813
174 112 4635
181 111 4770
195 110 5184
216 110 5435
218 110 4807
227 110 5424
228 110 5007
288 107 4500
305 106 4727
327 105 5437
346 105 5139
394 104 4910
572 100 4569
Average 115.1 4941.5

Do you find it odd that the blog post stated fro WD that there average GR clear was GR 130 across region for the leaderboard:

" Assuming a player is at 5000 Paragon, here’s where all the classes landed, on average , a few weeks into Patch 2.6.7 for non-Seasonal play , aggregated across player leaderboard data world-wide:"

Someone in here be like

Cries For Attention
But Guys Balance
Hey Guys Hey

Folks, Blizz dropped the official word on “balance,” and Nev shut down the nonsense here:

That’s a wrap.

Don’t reply to anyone doing the Fun Police shtick. Their guns and badges are, until further notice, confiscated.

Moving on: Rooting for the Chiefs. Mahomes is a generational talent and is playing at an incredible level, and Reid has long been denied his moment of glory. I don’t have anything against the 49ers (I’m a Giants man), but I’m definitely hoping the Chiefs snag the win.

On the flip side, San Fran’s defense is playing out of its mind thanks to Saleh and the loads of talent (Sherman et al). And what’s more, they’re playing for Saleh; he’s motivating them, big time, and that’s an X factor that is incredibly hard to quantify.

Whoever wins, I don’t think it’s going to be easy.

10 Likes