Nerf Thread on General

There is something broken…I can only give your posts one like

:joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

I love that micro has been running hard chasing the Nerf train only to get his tables nerfed by the devs specifically calling him out. It’s like Christmas came around again and I got everything I wanted.

9 Likes

130 in the table is an average barbs performance. So they should nerf Rend a bit and buff other builds (may be except SS) a bit. Decreasing Lamentation multiplier to 50 or may be 100 looks reasonable.

1 Like

No nerfs only buffs. Leave rend as is and bring up the others to be in line with it. In fact the top barb non season clear by Ulma in NA right now is with SS.

1 Like

According to your era 11 analysis, demon hunters are about 7 GRs higher than witch doctors.

Demon Hunters and witch doctors did not receive any nerfs/buffs in patch 2.6.7

According to Blizzard’s game balance table, Witch doctors are 5 GRs ahead of demon hunters.

How do you account for this difference +7 GRs vs -5 GRs (i.e., a 12 GR difference among classes that were unchanged/ in patch 2.6.7?

EDIT: Also, if you are solving mysteries can you explain this from Blizzard’s game balance post, specifically how does the pandemonium buff REDUCE 5K paragon Crusaders average GR by 2?

Crusaders @ 5K paragon in seasons average GR 136
Crusaders @ 5K paragon in non-season average GR 138

I didn’t know it.

I myself don’t worry much because both variants (more balance or my class - barbs - being overpowered a bit) have their pluses for me.

What? I… don’t think so…

Rage I’m pretty sure it is. I need to log in to check for sure.

Nevermind I take that back he was WW with crimsons

I just did, bro! All I’m seeing is his 143 WhirlRend clear from a while back. As far as I know I think he stopped pushing SS when he hit 138. Did you hear something from…

Ah, I see your reply. Yep, it’s WhirlRend.

How’s your missus + kid doing, btw?

1 Like

Doing good man! We had our second on November 22nd so we’ve both been on parental leave. Been enjoying it. How you been?

Glad to hear things have been going well for you and you’ve gotten some good leave time to do some bonding!

I’ve been better… dealing with a bunch of family medical situations which have gobbled up all my time, hence my non-presence on the forum for the past month or so. But, c’est la vie…

In fact, I would propose that Mote go from 20000% to 30000% if rend is nerff to ~ 140. But if rend isn’t nerf, even that won’t be enough to get SS close to Rend.
IK and Charge need ~ 3x more dps

1 Like

Damn man that’s no fun. We do miss you here but family first for sure. Hope it all works out in the end and everyone is healthy.

Bro your tables got nerfed. Just go away!!!

Ever since that Blog Post, the Fun Police have been pretty quiet. A few squawks here and there, but it’s obvious all their steam is gone. I, for one, am glad.

Nerfs?

We don’t need 'em.

Other classes need buffs. :slight_smile:

Suddenly I’m very excited for the upcoming patch. I feel that something good is in the air, or at the very least, something fun and new–if not for Barbs, for other classes. So far, my predictions have been spot-on. I think I’ll try to keep this streak going :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out permutations/combinations of data to get to their numbers. Prokahn’s analysis had Demon Hunters 7 GRs ahead of WD in era 11. Without any changes/nerf, the blog post table indicates that WD exceed demon hunters by 5 GRs in era 12.

It is not just my “tables” that are not in agreement.

I fixed that for you.

But in all seriousness I truly hope you can move past all this hate for Barb’s and simply enjoy the game. That’s all we want for you.

3 Likes

You may not agree with my analysis and that is fine. Prokahn quoted his and did not recognize that for 2 classes (DH and WD) that did not change in patch 2.6.7 that his data and Blizzard’s data is VERY different.

When analyzing large data sets, there should always be a reality check.

I am not sure that it should be a Guassian distribution as Pe3eWe3e stated, but a reality check is in order.

I don’t hate barbs. I have played barbs exclusively since patch 2.6.7. My goal was always equity as evidenced for advocating for barb and monk buffs and wizards nerfs pre-patch 2.6.7. Likewise, I advocated for crusader nerfs and necromancer buff for the next patch.

Keep it going, bring other people down with you if that makes you feel better. Fact is Pro didn’t ask for any nerfs, but you did, with your flawed analysis, while pretending to be a professional with all the tables.

2 Likes