Necromancer lack of items!

You honestly cannot count. Every hero wearing pushing gear has augs that are high. Yes, the WD has two augs…because I made him recently. But I have a stash of gems at around 115 waiting to be pushed after I decide what I want to play next patch.

100 to 120 is about…10 times as hard? 15? You need to stop. You are far behind me, both in the game and in your understanding. And your English.

i just checked your profile and no they dont have high augs

120 isnt a high aug

150 is a high aug

you really should stop it with the personal insults ppl only do that when they know they dont have good arguments

as i said earlier stop lying to yourself you arent a pro player your a casual and so am i

1 Like

thats exactly what i said and necro fans are all denying it…

thanks for making a list.

1 Like

I suggested a bracer that shielded for their LPS, shielding them for some % of thier life per second every X seconds, stacking up to Y times. I think a necro could easily get something like 250k LPS?

1 Like

Unfortunately, we all want mechanic-based legendary powers, but as Negator said, skills that underperform cannot compete with the more powerful ones. The thing is that Blizz rarely, rarely buffs skills, it buffs the items associated with it. It’s not bad per se, but it has driven the game to this state were if no legendary items are supporting a skill, it is useless.

Bone Spirit is one good example of this. Only one item supports the skill itself, and the skill is so bad designed that it is stupid to use it. It just falls short too much compared to other skills. It’s a slow missile, it has a limited charge system, and single target (except for a AoE rune which doesn’t make it any better). What Blizzard will do (doubtly) is just create legendary items or adjust existing ones to include a buff to Bone Spirit. We cannot expect them to change the skill tooltip itself. Granted, they did it this PTR patch with Corpse Explosion, but the examples can be counted with the fingers of a hand.

A good middle ground, IMHO, is to create legendary powers that buff skills when working TOGHETHER. For example: grant X bonus to Bone Spirit when interacting with Bone Spear or Bone Spikes in Y way.

2 Likes

it worked in D2 but it will not work in D3.

Because now you are locked into certain skill sets, even more so than right now.

it worked for D2 because of talent tree, we no longer have that in D3

Sorry, I don’t understand. I can’t recall D2 having gear that buffed skills interactions in the form of: Whenever X happens, Y is triggered.
We have that system in D3. The vast majority of sets include this kind of bonuses. Some legendary items as well, such as Ring of Emptiness.

May be I’m not making myself clear :thinking:

I think i misunderstood you.

i was thinking about say if you equipped this legendary, when you use skill X, skill Y gets a boost, that sort of things.

the reason why i mentioned d2 was because of the talent tree system. If your focus was on a high tier skill, and it has synergy skills previously you would max both for max damage, interacting in a way.

Cool idea. Would work kind of like a Wizard’s Deflection, work well with Squirt’s and Gizzard I imagine.

Not a lot of the popular necro builds have room to fit the LPS without significant legendary gem multiplier loss or giving up Krysibin proc skill runes. On the surface, I like it.

Not only Necro having fewest items, they have fewest skills too.
Just look at offensive skills:
Primary 3 skills (but not offensive enough)
Secondary 3 skills (one of which is not offensive enough vs single target)
Corpse Skills: 2 skills (useable only when there are corpses or during LOTD)
Very fun indeed.

Synergies just buffed a number, but provided no real change in the mechanics of skills. It was just a way of adding damage to more than one skill at the same time.

This is my approach. For example:

• Bone Spear has X% chance to cast Bone Spirit whenever it hits an enemy. Bone Spirit gains Y% damage. Bone Spirit mimics the rune you have on the skillbar, if present.

I’m not saying THAT particular idea is good. But it makes two skills interact in some way. If you have more items that do that, you can “chain” effects and buffs in a cool way. That is achieved through sets in D3, but you need 6 items to get a competitive bonus, and sets define builds quite abruptly. It tends to work against diversity.

If we had more legendary items that supported unused and weaker skills, those could maybe get some place in yoour skillbar. LoD builds can make skills more attractive, because you don’t need an entire set to buff a skill.

Items to increase toughness while in melee range of enemies, and a way to reliably create corpses that doesnt feel clunky (Golem) or require a massive CD (LOTD) would help Necro out immensely.

Most usable push builds rely on LOTD, Range, and/or Mages.
Necro doesnt have the toughness for melee, nor the ability to produce usuable quantities of Corpses outside of LOTD.
This cripples the usable variety of possible builds.