Necromancer lack of items!

Fair enough that I was wrong and others have more items but necros have more useable items IMO.

3 Likes

I prefer more items 'cause it adds more diveristy. Not per se, but it does increases the chances inmensely. I want more items that change mehanics, not just a simple multiplier. I get it, the multipliers are needed for today’s end game. But it is doesn’tt really freshen up builds very much. I want new interactions. I’ve made two or three posts about how the new set could benefit from interactions with skills such as Bone Spirit, Bone Prison and Bone Spikes.

I don’t like build that just spam one skill. It gets boring quite quickly. And to be fair, this new set is just a revamp of DH UE multishot build and WD Carnevil build (yes, notice how they are even called the same…)

New items that buff new skills to the power level of other skills. Make more playstyles viable. That should be the goal…

Let us break down your arguments:

1. The XP Meta is a grinding style. It is neither Solo LB nor Group LB. What a pathetic comparison to draw, that Necro builds contribute to an XP grind build. That is like when Thomas Cooley Law School (the worst in the US) creates its own ranking where number of chairs in the library is what counts most.

2. The current Necro set lacks supporting legendaries. That is the DEFINITION of what the PTR is for.

3. “It” means that the class has almost no fleshed-out skill builds. The legendaries are often skill-agnostic, whereas other classes have 2-4 legendaries per main damage skill (WW, HOTA, SS, Rend, etc).

4. Have you considered why you are almost 2k paragon on NS and cannot get a gem above 100? Could it be because you do not know D3 that well?

2 Likes

Now say how many wizard legendaries are useable. That number gets MUCH lower, immediately. I’d say there’s maybe 13 useable Wizard legendaries, if I had to guess.

Edit: I made a list!

Wands- 2 Chantodos, Serpent Sparker
Sources - 2. Chantodo’s, Etched Sigil.
Bracers -1 - Ashengarr’s Blood Bracers
Ring - 1 Karini
Boots - 1 Nilfurs
Swords - 1 Deathwish
Wizard Hats -2. Magistrate, Swarmi.
Belts - 1. Fazula’s
Staves - 1. Grand Vizier

Point I’m making is even though Wizards have more legendaries, many, MANY of out items are absolute trash. It’s commonly understood Wizards have the worse class legendary pool. Thanks, Vu.

Anyway, quality over quantity.

3 Likes

An idea I’ve always thought would be a cool addition could be a pair of bracers that maybe gave ##% increased corpse explosion damage and gains final embrace rune, and when the final embrace explodes on an enemy it turns back into a corpse.

The idea being you could pop land of the dead at the beginning of a rift and after you kill some enemies you just keep your advancing wave of corpse spiders going endlessly. of course you would have to make a limit to number you can have active or give each one a short duration so it wouldn’t be broken and lag out the servers.

the same is true of other characters. wd has almost only items for the trashcan. and almost all sets are brainless and unplayable. playing with pets has always been masohism (except in d2 mods, but here players got it right.)

I HATE the Final Embrace rune for Corpse Explosion. I can’t count how many times I’ve had corpses fly off to neverland because the target it chose moved out of the way.

if this were a valid argument what would it mean then that you yourself have 2k paragon ns and your highest gem is 120 of wich you have exactly 1 and your other gems are mostly around 110ish

if according to your argument I dont know d3 very well bcs i have P2K and my gems are 100ish you yourself according to your own argument know it only slightly better.

you really should try to not play the man but instead play the argument it makes you a better debater. especially when it is so childisly easy to turn your own “arguments” against you

What u wrote is also true to the necromancer as well . If we will remove all the useless item u will be left with almost nothing :slight_smile:
1 good 1 handed scythes
1 good 2 handed scythes
1 off hand that fits only 1 build
2 shoulders
2 cheat
0 helmets
0 legs
0 boots
1 glove
1 belt
4 rings
3 amulets
We reach 16 item .
U must understand that boot,legs, gloves, chest, shoulders and helmets are all used for set item . I have 1 item slot in the cube for armor and that all. The item that the necromancer lack are those that complete the build like : off hand, bracers , weapons and belts.
The only items i dont have any Complaints is the rings cuz they fits all builds and the amulets.

Most set can not be fully completed. U can only junk and unhelpful gear.

1 Like

16 > 12, bro :stuck_out_tongue:

there are actually 2 very good 1h scythes, scyth of the cycle and tragouls coroded fang are both very good weapons.
as for the 2h scythes they are actually all pretty good
bloodtide blade is very very powerfull
reilenas shadowhook is a very good all purpose weapon
maltorious petrified spike will be bis with the new set
and nayrs black death is pretty powerfull for poison builds

but you are absolutly correct, necros need a class specific bracer (maybe even 2 :slight_smile: ) and the off hands are pretty lack luster aswell. So im hoping they add a bracer and rework some of the offhands for S22

As I have gotten more into testing and theorycrafting with Necro, I’ve come to enjoy placement of items like Tragouls fang, scythe of the cycle, jesseths, jairo. These boost all damage, but require build interactions of some sort (cursed enemies, cooldown duration on bone armor, commanding, thorns, etc.).

Additions like Stuart’s (boots that boost mobility significantly) allow for more utility while still having full weapon multipliers equipped. Classes like wizard, monk don’t always have this option.

Necro builds are much more flexible item wise because many of their key legendaries are tied to class mechanics rather than specific skills.

When you take a look at Wizard, we may have more legendaries that multiply damage of specific skills (vizier, woh, unstable, twisted, etc), but this is actually bad for our class design - consuming item slots for every build that could have gone towards utility (if desired) and makes it harder to hybrid different skills. There exists less synergy for Wizard because of this.

While Necro corpse, curse, pet, and essence mechanics can make gameplay and even builds difficult, they are hardly ever Impossible, and usually feel rewarding when great synergies come into the fore. Compare this to Wizard, where a great number of cool synergies are impossible or improbable, undesirable to play (too weak).

Necro could use a few class specific defensive bracer or offhand. I was thinking blood themed, boosting VIT and recovery in some way (lps/lph or % per hit?). Perhaps also another, DR given based on corpses consumed or enemies cursed recently. Again, keeping the new items associated with class mechanics so they can be used by many different builds.

5 Likes

Considering that Bones of Rathma enhances Army of the Dead…

Just because it’s not meta does NOT mean it’s useless. Meta can change on a patch-by-patch basis, and Skeletons were a top build before the large nerf that came in the form of a bug fix for Necros.

We still have a HUGE number of legendaries that are instant salvage materials, including not only most of the neutral legendaries, but a large number of class legendaries as well.

Finally, every build in the game that revolves around a class set or LoN is usable, and can do at least 110.

Blizzard will never, ever, EVER be able to balance around the absolute end-game in which only .01% of the playerbase will ever reach. Aim for a lower point. 10 seasons ago, GR 45 was the absolute max. Accept the current reality.

1 Like

Yet it is the one class that truly benefits from Reapers Wraps, so it basically does have a bracer haha

I think the Necro is just fine. The class has a lot of fun and quirky non-meta builds as well which is something I enjoy more than anything else left in this game.

3 Likes

The difference between my usable gems at 120 and yours at 100 is…massive. The game currently makes running 100s incredibly easy.

My WD, Crusader, and DH, with whom I push, are all at or near 120. WD has multiple 121 augments. Try again.

I actually prefer the skill-based buffs. Or, rather, a mix of the two. You said it well, skill based versus mechanic based. But the problem with mechanic based is that it is hard to boost the weaker skills (Bone Spear) without overpowering existing builds. Hence why Necro is underplayed in the meta.

Every class has their own issues; but I always believed that Wizards have never been right since they removed Critical Mass. I mean the class was practically built around that passive and it was removed without any proper re-adjustments.

1 Like

Which is a huge disadvantage. Now I’m not saying make these bracers all purpose must have 6x damage like other classes, but there is room there. Like this should have been where Bone Spear damage item gone.

Yes Necro jewelry is fricken amazing, yes their weapons are fricken amazing but everything else is mediocre, shoulders are in a good spot and obviously having no bracers whatsoever hurts a lot of builds.

no it isnt a massive difference. good players that seriously push have gems and augs at 150. not 100 and not 120.

yur wd has 2 augs 1 at 121 and 1 at 120
yur dh has 1 63 aug 1 75 aug and 1 111 aug
yur crus has 1 81 aug

yur wd has a 120 and 118 gem
yur dh has a 110 and a 119 gem
yur crus has a 111 and a 110 gem

the game currently makes 150s easy especially with a crusader and or wd

maybe you should stop lying to yourself your not a pro your a casual just like me