Necromancer lack of items!

Not even 1 good bracers

4 legendary phylacteries that doesn’t feet most builds

7 weapons that 3 of them buffs ur secendary skills and 3 is useless only

It really hard is why to build a complete set .
And this is the only class who suffering from this problem . We are in season 20 it about time to solve this problem ,no ???

12 Likes

I fully agree. What is more egregious still, is that the sets are not interchangeable at all. No bracers/rings/belts so you can make interesting combinations.

Necro is a pay to play class - why not give it some items to play with as well?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Huh?

Necromancer Legendary Items:
3 X 1 Handed Scythes
4 X 2 Handed Scythes
4 Off hand
3 Shoulders
2 Helmets
2 Chest
2 Legs
2 Gloves
2 Boots
1 Belt
4 Rings
3 Amulets

Necromancer Sets:
Trag 'Oul’s
Rathma’s
Pestilence
Inarius
Masquerade of the Burning Carnival
Jesseth

The only thing it doesn’t have is a bracer.

Umm, no. For a comparison, here is a count of the items unique to wizards:
7 wizard hats
4 belts
2 bracers
1 boots
3 rings
10 sources
2 swords
10 wands
3 staves

For those who don’t want to count that out, that is 32 items for Necromancers, and 42 for Wizards. And importantly, Wizards have multiple places where there are a lot of available items to choose from. They also have multiple items that work together to boost a skill, rather than mostly having just one item per skill, and a few generic items.

Whereas between having fewer items and having them more spread out between slots and skills, Necromancers have fewer choices, and fewer options to create a powerful build, especially after you account for all the items that are useless. There is, for example, zero reason why anyone would care to have bonus damage for their skeletons or army of the dead at end game.

4 Likes

This is for wd
7 masks
3 BRACERS
4 BELTS
1 PANTS
3 rings
10 mogos
13 CEREMONIAL KNIVES
3 STAVEs
1 AXE
1 SPEAR
45 items
So u can check all classes and see necro have the fewest item. U didn’t check what u writing?

1 Like

does it really matter that wizard have more items?

in the end you are forced to use etched sigil and deathwish only for weapon / off hand slots, pretty much fixed on 1 bracer as well because thats the only way you can survive.

as far as useable items go, wizard is probably worse than necro…

What about good phylacteries most of them do not fits any build .

What about weapons there is 3 weapons maybe 4 that u can use , the others do not cut it .
What about the fact that i want to use RORG and switch 1 of my set ? I lack of operations ,lack of Diversity.
Think 2 deferent items of the same type can give u two completely deferent builds.
Also the lack of item cuzes that most builds are incomplete . Take for example the new set , u dont have good phylacteries ,u dont have good bracers and if i want to use RORG to switch 1 of my set item I berlay Have any options.

4 Likes

Does it matter when someone makes a false statement just because there are additional considerations involved? Yes, yes it does. The point that was made could have been made without saying something that is blatantly false.

Would love an item, porbably a bracer, that provides necros another source of corpses or reduce LotD cooldown.

2 Likes

There should be more Phylactery’s.
Not to mention more transmog choices for them from shields or sources - whatever…
Bone spirit, Golem, Army of the Dead, Revive… All could have a Phylactery. This would open up a whole new range of LoD builds.

Bone spear could do with another 150% damage too - That would benefit both the new set and Pestilence.

EDIT:
Considering how few scythes there are next to Wands, Mighty Weapons, Bows, Ceremonial Knives, Flails and fist Weapons - there is plenty of room to create new scythes with new skill properties if balance is truly the goal.

2 Likes

with the exception of the bracer slot the lack of a large item pool is actually a benefit for necros.

take for example 1h weapons
most classes have 10ish possible weapons that can drop
necros only have 4 therefore its much easier getting what you want.

therefore:

No.

btw this post doesnt belong in the ptr feedback forum, it has nothing to do with the current ptr

1 Like

Yes, it does. The number of weapons and off-hands, which usually define builds, is pathetic, and many of the abilities are utterly irrelevant.

are there significantly less viable builds for necro then for wiz?
if yes you have a point if no your point is uterly irrelevant.

Not really. Wizard has, historically, had many builds. Many of those builds are nerfed now. Necro, on the other, has never had much of a chance to have big-time builds. And most of the builds are defined by sets, no items. No combo such as Deathwish/Sigil or Gyrfalcon/Jekengbord or Johanna’s.

are you referring to the fact that all the top necro builds are lon builds?

With, in the current patch, only Mages, and, in the PTR, only Corpse Explosion.

so you agree. thats great :smiley:

Are you trying to be cute? Don’t, it does not work for you. Necro is deeply under-supported by legendaries, and arguing this consensus point makes you sound like a foolish contrarian.

2 Likes

Less than half of the amount of 1 handed, 2 handed, or off-hand items, not to mention bracers. Just stop, it is not close.

Necro has been top meta for what 4-5 seasons?
it has filled 3 of 4 spots in the xp meta ever since it was introduced (2 rat dps, 1 znec, 1zbarb)

wheter it does this with 4 weapons or 10 wepons in the loot pool is completly irrelevant.

what does this mean?

but as i stated before this doesnt belong in the ptr feedback forum. so if you want to continue this conversation please make a new thread in an apropriate forum