Necro new set brainstorming

It means that if you take 1 trillion damage and instant die but you just used the skill Simulacrums so the cooldown started but you died. So when you revive usually the cooldown still counts. Now it is restored and you immediatelly can cast Simul. Stop making big deal of this simple sentence.
What i hate is that bone spear is focused attack in one spot and as somebody mention, you must restore mana during boss so you need generator too like bone spikes maybe.

1 Like

This looks a lot like shadow impale demon Hunter. I wish they would make other interesting skills viable with the new set instead of bone spear

1 Like

I’d love a Set exclusively for Corpse Explosion and Corpse Lance, my two favorite abilities in the entire game. Not just damage buffs, but maybe if an enemy is killed by CE, he turns into a Final Embrace corpse and if that kills an enemy, keeps going. Same with Corpse Lance. Just a non stop chain of Explosions and Lances. Would be awesome

They already have a set for Corpse Lance and to a lesser degree, Corpse Explosion. What you want is a different set, other than Pestilence, which is definitely going to be impossible. There’s no point in making 2 sets around similar skills. They might however, rework the old sets in Season 22 or something (as previously announced).

1 Like

At this point, I don’t think we will see any reworks of sets, just balance changes if anything. Diablo 4 is near and this is an 8 year old game already in maintenance mode. While that may be nice, I don’t see it happening.

I think the set will want to run with the reworked 2pc (jesseth?) and command skeleton. While you will have some tankiness with 2xSims, having 7 (or how many you summon) skeletons up to block projectiles and other bad stuff will be very valuable and plus increase your dmg by 400% (which will also increase your sims dmg by 400% as they are copies of yourself).

I don’t think LoTD will be needed for the build or wanted, you can just alternate generators with Bone Spears, and use devour. Can drop probably bone armor and also run a curse aura.

Should be interesting and something new that ain’t LoD at least hehe.

At least am looking forward to trying this more than the new strafe DH set which seems underwhelming.

I have Haunted Vision Primal, now it will not update so it is useless :sob: :sob: :sob:

Why are you all excited over Jesseth?

Why use a 2 piece set Jesseth to gain +400% DPS when one can use single item Scythe of the Cycle to gain +400% DPS and still have slot free?

Though Cycle only works on “Secondary Skills”, while Jesseth will work for any skills, does that mean we go for Corpse Spear again with Jesseth?

Please enlighten me, perhaps there is something I am not see that you all saw…

not easy to see yet.
Ive looked over some of the previously used blood & essence and other lance/ce builds and its quite hard to build in jesseths + skelletons.
Its either a very minimal buff in damage or just not possible since most of those speedy builds are running lotd with ingeom or messerschmidts.

I really hope for someone to come up with something otherwise this “buff” was completely obsolete. Wouldve been cool if the jesseths set had this and another bonus to reduce cooldowns. Then it would be jesseths + multiplier weapon in cube.

I agree that it does, and I love it!

There’s a small chance that it’s retroactive, since there’s not a damage range associated with the new power. In 2.6.8 WD’s ring if emptiness had a change in mechanics that was retroactive.

I think this set is interesting, but limiting it to only bone spear is disappointing. If I could recommend some changes, I would suggest the following:

• Haunted Visions - allow duplication of all generators not just Grim Scythe. Bone Spikes has always been thematically linked with Bone Spear and Bone Spirit and it would be nice to have it as an option with the new set. Plus, with the change to mantle of channeling, Siphon Blood can also be useful in some builds.
  • 6p bonus of new set - Apply to Bone Spikes, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, Siphon Blood, Death Nova, and Grim Scythe. This expands the options for the build in several directions.
  • Bryner’s Journey - Change chance to trigger Bone Nova to 100%; allow duplicated Bone Spikes from Simulacrums to also trigger this effect; allow the 6p bonus to apply to triggered Bone Novas. This makes this item work similarly to the Iron Rose phylactery for the Bone Spikes generator.
  • Defiler Cuisses - In addition to increasing damage of Bone Spirits every second, Add a second effect: You (and your Simulacrums) release a Bone Spirit targeting any enemy trapped inside a Bone Prison. This will make the Bone Prison passive actually useful for something.

Bottom line though is Bone Spear will never be a great skill to build around as long as the Maltorius’ Petrified Spike continues to make it cost 40 essence per use. The only way to improve this is to make gaining essence either less necessary during boss fights (i.e lower cost or return essence when fewer than 3? targets hit) or generating corpses when you hit with Bone Spear.

I gots a question. When simulacrum is active, is it considered a pet.

That’s a great question. I don’t think it does, but if it did, it would be OP.

Simul is not pet.
They made Haunted Visions so to stop rat runs - farming with 3 necros using mages. But i agree, i don’t like grym scythe. I always use bone spikes for restoring mana.
Some said that LoD with mages can be more powerful now but it all depends how powerful is the new set.
My build could be Mages, Skeletons, Spear, Spikes, Bone Armor and Simul.
As for build full set except shoulders where will use the new shoulders for more damage reduction using mages. Definatelly need krysbin and royal ring of granture. other ring to be CoE and amulet Haunted Visions. For weapons to use Jess set and for cube still wondering what to put. Nayr for poison biuld or the other scythe that give 400% when bone armor is active but i need a curse skill so maybe removing Bone armor to use Decripify curse. So many options what scyte to use. One scythe give 700% more damage to bone spear but it cost more essense i think i will go with that maybe. It all depends which will provide most damage to build.

I can only see running mages with new set if each sim could raise it’s own army and buff those by 30k, otherwise it would be lance pmuch.

Skellies could work for non speed builds as having a large mob of soaking random projectiles etc for a necro survival is very good (even with the toughness buff on the new set).

I read like this:
Jesseth Arms is 5x damage you apply (before applying monster damage resistance), but Tragoul’s Corroded Fang is 3x damage monsters take from you (after applying their resistance score). That’s why Tragoul’s Corroded Fang might still be better.

To regen essence outside LoD, I suggest the combo:
Requiem Cereplate + Devour / Voracious

Requiem Cereplate: Devour restores an additional 85% Essence and Life
https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/requiem-cereplate-P6_Necro_Unique_Chest_22

Devour / Voracious: Reduces all essence costs by 2% for each corpse consumed for 5 seconds
https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/necromancer/active/devour

Against a rift guardian, LoD seems mandatory.

The real problem might be the casting time / animation of Bone Spear, which is quite longer than Corpse Lance.

I won’t belabor the point here since I’ve brought it up elsewhere already, but it should be possible to use CoE + a generator in place of LotD + Crimson’s + Devour. The reason being that at best the LotD setup is spamming Bone Spears non-stop, and if you instead spam during a CoE cycle, you get 3x the damage during 1/3 the time, so it should balance out to be roughly the same as LotD.

It should also be possible to use either SotC + Bone Armor (which I think lends itself more to a shorter range play style) or Jesseth’s set + Skeletons (which would work better at a distance). So at least there should be a variety of ways to use this set.

2 Likes

There is an other way to generate essence, but it comes at a cost : 1 ring + animating a mage invocation.

The change to Haunted visions very clearly spells out that if you use it, you won’t get extra mages by way of the Simulacrum skill. But frankly, even if that worked it would be taking up far too much room and time in a build that doesn’t need it. Every second wasted casting mages is a second not casting Bone Spear. And since there are options available where you can constantly be casting Bone Spear, trying to get mana via mages just wouldn’t be competitive.