Necro new set brainstorming

If you understands necro builds or have some kind of imagination, you will realize for some LoD necro builds that has aquila, you will never drop the 50% damage mitigation. Now, if you have GG rotations (subject to actual build) you may fall between 90-95% of consumed essence in which you qualify both items which is 75% mitigation in total. Very tanky and OP buffs.

Seems like they dont like Necro, or at least dont play it.

Another set that is built upon a skill that an existing set already deals with (pest).

Inarius needs more than simple 1% bump. It needs damage, and some reworked legendary effects. And a proc coefficient change on the bone storm.

In all honesty, aside from not giving us anything , what they have given is the worst case scenario, another set built on something thats pre-existing , and based on a long CD (unless an item is used ofc), and will likely also rely on LOTD.

I worry for D4, I know its a different team but ā€¦Blizz isnt the same people that gave us the likes of D2.
D3 is what they can come up with using people present during Blizzā€™s transition to ā€˜modern Blizzā€™ ā€¦D4 is made by modern Blizz ā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Except that the new set does 20x the damage for Bone Spear without the free Lances from Pestilence 2 piece.

I agree that the new set is not an innovative design at all. It will likely just be Devour spam during LotD and do crazy damage during that window and kiting to stay alive during cool down.

It may have some good potential as an RGK build, especially against an RG without adds since all the Spears will hit the RG with no other targets.

1 Like

Bone Spear again! The most original idea ever! LOL!

Come on Blizz, there are like 6 skills (3 primary and 3 secondary) to choose and you picked the skill already used by the other 2 necro sets.

But please NO CORPSE skills or this will become another LOTD set like the other 4ā€¦

OK I suggest make this a BONE SPIRIT set!
Make the set have the ability to reduce Bone Spirit Cooldown everytime it damages an enemy with a generator or spender or spend life. then 6pc boost Bone Spirit!

1 Like

I could see adding Spirit. But better would be to introduce a way to restore Essence without LOTD/Devour.

How about a new Item then that converts Life to Essence:
Converts 1% Life into 25 essence every second (adjust more/less essence).
or
Essence spender skills consumes 50% less essence and increase damage by 100% at the cost of 1% life. Could be a necklace or ring, or better yet Phylacteries! There are only 5 Offhand items (one of which is already killed) and none are useable for many necro builds.

This way, we can bone spirit all day long provided we can regen that much lifeā€¦

IMHO thatā€™s the focal point. As a solo player, I loved the Rathma concept but ultimately gave up many times due to the lack of toughness - your only mitigation was the set alone, or the set + Daentel (which required an enemy to curse + the precious belt slot + a skill slot). With Razeth replacing Tasker and Theo on cube, that gives players another mitigation layer at the cost of speed, which can be sort of replaced by the Skeletal Archer rune.

75% mitigation alone makes you play T13 fine, but wonā€™t last much in T16 for solo players. 87,5% is a fine start IMHO (88% is the starting mitigation for the usual Necro builds, not counting armor and resists).

Wonderful idea. The 6pc boost could also have a 1000-2000% increase in Bone Spirit (the base damage is 4000%, so they canā€™t go overboard on that). And the Bone Spirit pants (Defiler Cuisses) could gain an addendum that Bone Spirit can be cast by Simulacrums.

Lidless Wall is very Necro-themed, and has a meaningless Elemental Damage that IMHO can easily be replaced by some Bone Spirit synergy, in order to swap charges for Essence cost (for example) and modestly increase damage.

If you want to keep the charge mechanic, you can set in a way that doubles charges and Bone Spirit refunds a charge if an enemy hit by it isnā€™t killed.

LoD necro bro. LoD provides another 52% mitigation on top.

T16 solo plays you need 0 mitigation. Typical t16 toughness solution is gold wrap + boon of hoarder.

LoD mage is easy to play, if you cant play it. You should NOT play necro.

2 Likes

It is much easier and more fruitful to do so with Bone Spear. Especially since AOE is so much more important in D3 than D2.

Until you reach the Rift Guardian or go through a low-density patch. But Necro ainā€™t my main - never liked the squishyness and Iā€™m not a fan of LoD setups; too much optimization for my taste. So, I may be talking gibberish.

Took a while to understand the bad grammar, butā€¦ Oh well. Good olā€™ keyboard warriors.

2-Piece Bonus

• Your Simulacrums no longer take damage, gains all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die.

Funny tough : If you die, the self sacrifice rune, destroys your simulacrum and allow you to survive. Since you died the cooldown of simulacrum is restored allowing you to cast it again. This wording would allow you to be in danger only the time you cast the spell again. I know it wonā€™t work like that but its the words they used.

It means that if you take 1 trillion damage and instant die but you just used the skill Simulacrums so the cooldown started but you died. So when you revive usually the cooldown still counts. Now it is restored and you immediatelly can cast Simul. Stop making big deal of this simple sentence.
What i hate is that bone spear is focused attack in one spot and as somebody mention, you must restore mana during boss so you need generator too like bone spikes maybe.

1 Like

This looks a lot like shadow impale demon Hunter. I wish they would make other interesting skills viable with the new set instead of bone spear

1 Like

Iā€™d love a Set exclusively for Corpse Explosion and Corpse Lance, my two favorite abilities in the entire game. Not just damage buffs, but maybe if an enemy is killed by CE, he turns into a Final Embrace corpse and if that kills an enemy, keeps going. Same with Corpse Lance. Just a non stop chain of Explosions and Lances. Would be awesome

They already have a set for Corpse Lance and to a lesser degree, Corpse Explosion. What you want is a different set, other than Pestilence, which is definitely going to be impossible. Thereā€™s no point in making 2 sets around similar skills. They might however, rework the old sets in Season 22 or something (as previously announced).

1 Like

At this point, I donā€™t think we will see any reworks of sets, just balance changes if anything. Diablo 4 is near and this is an 8 year old game already in maintenance mode. While that may be nice, I donā€™t see it happening.

I think the set will want to run with the reworked 2pc (jesseth?) and command skeleton. While you will have some tankiness with 2xSims, having 7 (or how many you summon) skeletons up to block projectiles and other bad stuff will be very valuable and plus increase your dmg by 400% (which will also increase your sims dmg by 400% as they are copies of yourself).

I donā€™t think LoTD will be needed for the build or wanted, you can just alternate generators with Bone Spears, and use devour. Can drop probably bone armor and also run a curse aura.

Should be interesting and something new that ainā€™t LoD at least hehe.

At least am looking forward to trying this more than the new strafe DH set which seems underwhelming.

I have Haunted Vision Primal, now it will not update so it is useless :sob: :sob: :sob:

Why are you all excited over Jesseth?

Why use a 2 piece set Jesseth to gain +400% DPS when one can use single item Scythe of the Cycle to gain +400% DPS and still have slot free?

Though Cycle only works on ā€œSecondary Skillsā€, while Jesseth will work for any skills, does that mean we go for Corpse Spear again with Jesseth?

Please enlighten me, perhaps there is something I am not see that you all sawā€¦