Necro Change Suggestions By Lord Fluffy

Exactly, but this is why we alter or remove the blood lance rune as suggested in the post

I like your suggestions as well. The problem is any of these might kill the sets completely. LoD give us a lot of damage reduction just by using ancient, sets on the other hand demand us to do something that not always is enjoyable. Pestilence for exemple, I fell like I’m being punished for choosing that set.
Now if there’s a damage reduction involved, maybe the set is viable for speed runs while LoD legacy of dreams builds can be used for better balance between speed, power and defense.
But I do
Like your idea more. Land of the dead is somewhat clunky.
Personally I prefer inarius set. Is the only ser that seems reliable in my opinion. Lol
Old school stuff. Generator skill can be used, and you must grind mobs and mobility to survive.

1 Like

@Montegnr
yeah, you are probably right on that.

If Land of the Dead would get replaced with a less problematic skill, there had to be some other changes, like an increase of the damage reduction bonus on the sets, and maybe even a rework of their damage.

2 Likes

I think that the main issue as mentioned already, is the cooldown madatory skills in almost any build. Land of the dead is almost everywhere and simulacrum comes after that. These two skills have a large cooldown which is not managable sometimes on lower paragons. You are forced to wait your cooldowns many times in order to go further.
Another issue is the set bonuses that need to get buffed or reworked. At the moment the most viable necro builds are lod build and makes me sad that i can’t use a set build that every class can do.

2 Likes

Blood Golem:
Passive: Gain 50% Damage reduction while blood golem is active.
Command: The Golem sacrifices itself healing you for 25% of your health and reconstructs at the targeted location.
GolemSkin: 50% damage is redirected to Golem.

Combined: you gain 75% DR.

Simply put, Golem was Necro’s biggest friend back in D2. Let it do its share once again instead of the skeletons.

1 Like

33% damage transferred is probably about right for a baseline skill. 50% seems a bit high. I still think Necros need Bracers with a defensive legendary power. Consuming a corpse with devour grants X% DR, stacking up to Y.

I've also thrown around the idea that Krelm's is updated to grant X% DR/% damage for every set item equipped. say...5% per set item equipped?
1 Like

One persistent gimmick I dislike about Necro is that basically every build relies on the numlock trick. I have a small laptop that requires some workarounds to do the trick, and also it just feels cheap to me.

I think Requiem Cereplate should also give devour the cannibalize rune, that way you can use devouring aura as well.

5 Likes

Yeah, I like legendaries like that. Picking and combining runes feels really special.

1 Like

try to do it with a decent rate atack like 1.78-2.02 , u ll be dead . and the no. of lance/ mobs large dramatically . just with one lance in GR>85/90 u ll get no mob kill. not to mention u can not focus fire

back to topic I d love too see CDR working with any curse, regardless how its apply.
I suggest to combine leach and decrepify in one curse.
I suggest frailty should be increased to 20 and 25%.
How about Some skills should be upgraded with paragon points like base dmg*300% (paragon points)? - maybe this is too much but I m thinking of a 3 k necro looking at 1k DH or wiz, they are burning 100 grifts , while he has too wait cdr , and a good pack.

I would like for Revive to be, you know, fun to use. As it is, even if they did oodles of damage, they just don’t last long enough to rely on. This is a problem both mechanically and thematically. The idea of playing a powerful magic user reanimating the dead to fight for you is severely undercut when you have to spam the skill constantly because the things only last 8 seconds or whatever, let alone the idea of playing to the role and being picky about what you revive. They should several minutes, at least.

I mean, I can even lower the difficulty just to use the skill that I want to use, and it’s still tedious and un-fun. That’s no good.

I just want reliable corpse production that’s not based on LotD. 1 corpse per second or per bloodrush feels bar compared to infinite corpses on top of perma-CC.

One of the sets needs to have the same feel as 100% uptime on LotD without actually needing LotD.

Now it seems that they literally don’t give a crap.

1 Like

It’s funny. They post something about necro being the weakest of them all and… and… that’s it. He’s just weak. Deal with that.
What a joke.
But well… if you manage to wait 4 months it will be surely over powered on the next patch. Sort of consolation prize… like they always do.
Well. Time for another hiatus.

A Revive build, without the need for Skeletons, could be fun

I mean, I’d love to see a set where Revive mobs and maybe even mages have HP and stay alive until they die rather than having a set duration. Either by the new set or a reworked Rathma.

I’d also like to see updated/new support items for Bone Spirit so that it could be used as an elite/RG killer.

There is one change that could be done to Rathma’s set to make it different and better than LOD mages.

Make it give the effect that all minions are permanent to the battlefield. This includes both Revive and Skeletal Mages. Contamination Mages would need to be changed to be mobile.

This would also allow you to not have to use Circle of Nailuj’s Evol and go with a different option.

I’m sure you would need to change Singularity so that it’s not always the go to option for this set.

Jesseth set could also be changed that all minions focus on the target of your skeletons.

Legacy of Dreams mages is perfect as it is now.

That is why Rathma should drop mages, and embrace Revive.

For those who are too lazy to click, my suggestion:

Season 21 - Idea - New Bones of Rathma - Skeletons + Revive
7 pieces set (7th piece being : belt, ring, amulet, bracer…)

2 pieces Bonus

• Increase the damage of your skeletons and revived creatures by 2000%
  • Each skeleton or revived creature increase your armor by 2%
  • Devour revives a creature at corpse location

4 pieces Bonus

• Army of the dead cooldown is reduced by 20%
  • Your minions have 50% chance to reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead and Land of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage
  • Army of the dead increases your skeletons, revived creatures and Army of the dead damage by 3000% for 20 seconds

6 pieces Bonus

• Increase damage of your skeletons and revived creatures by 4000%
  • You raise up to 15 skeletons and 15 revived creatures
  • Your skeletons and revived creatures attack 50% faster

Objectives

• Make Rathma set mechanics on par with other sets
  • Provide a set buffing Skeletons, Revive, Army of the dead
  • Provide a viable standalone 2 pieces bonus for Necromancer
  • Incremental damage over 2, 4, 6 pieces. You evolve with the set

Can be used in conjunction with:

Bloodsong Mail
While in the Land of the Dead, Command Skeletons deals 110% additional damage and gains the effect of the Enforcer, Frenzy, Dark Mending and Freezing Grasp runes. In addition, Revive deals 110% additional damage and gains the effect of all its runes.

Mask of Scarlet Death
Revive and Devour now consumes all corpses to raise a minion that deals 135% more damage per corpse

Fate’s vow
Army of the Dead deals an additional 4000% damage and gains the effect of all its runes

1 Like

Army of the Dead with identical CDR to LotD need raising to the identical damage level or in a manner where it is an alternative. It is potentially great but under-performs. At least raised so it is a more preferable item for the Rathma’s set and out-performs LotD in the Rathma’s set. something like that.

Your 2000% on the 2 piece and 4000% on the 6 piece add up to a pretty darn high number. WAY more than every other set bonus in the game. It might need to be scaled back a bit.