Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

And D2 is 20 year old game, if you think that people who watch him are teenagers, you are crazy. Majority of player base is over 30.

2 Likes

Dumbing down a game to the point where everyone is a winner means nothing in the game has any real impact. It’s like changing the rules in a sport because all the dads that watch the sport know they can’t be as good as people who play the game professionally so we should cater to them. When you change the fundamentals it’s no longer the same sport, or even holds the same entertainment value.

Llama who I don’t really watch at least knew that it has ramifications that extend beyond the player themselves, which most people seem to omit when arguing for it. MF barb was a pretty spot on analysis.

1 Like

If you contributed to the death of an end game boss, did you not win?

2 Likes

Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about. You go farm an area by yourself. There is 0% of anyone taking your loot. People like you with no understanding of the game should not even be allowed to comment on this forum.

2 Likes

Who cares about watching him farm 7 hours. Thats why you have clips like in first post. Clips with important stuff and opinions.

Unless you gained something from it your a looser (no loot for plooters) While baal is “endgame” boss dont pretend its being killed for the achviement of “being able to kill it” and not loot.

Yes, let’s play public multiplayer games that is based upon team work to go play solo so others won’t steal my loot. What a great concept.

4 Likes

These players usualy arent capable of solo MFing in my opinion. Thats why they want loot from public games.

5 Likes

You need to read more carefully before you post.

Your basically making my point back to me because you did not read my original post properly whilst calling me ignorant lol

Where did i say the player base of D2 are teenagers lol the reason the biggest D2 twitch streamer is tiny is for that exact reason.

1 Like

What is the problem?
Ploot is specifically not meant to increase the benefit of playing together, since that would make it imbalanced.
It offers the same average loot rate as FFA. Each have different pros and cons, but neither is better. People can pick the one they like the most.

That is true in PoE, and would be true in D2R.

4 Likes

Because people posted it here on the forum and tried to use it and this guy to prove a point. That’s the only reason lol

Stop hiding behind this guy and fight your own battles.

3 Likes

You are probably right. Also I wonder if loot was private they would just stick to you and get loot without actually doing any real damage? Leeching beyond the limit.

Stop hiding behind ploot and fight your own battles for loot you think you deserve but you dont.

2 Likes

Son don’t @me I will destroy you lol

1 Like

Nothing is spoonfed, you still didnt understand the suggestion.

Exactly. Like keeping outdated mechanics and not providing up-to-date features.
There was a reason to render it in 3d.
There was a reason to put it on bnet 2.0.
And there is a reason to give an option for ploot.

It doesnt.
This is a claim you keep making, which is very detached from the actual reality of ploot pubs.

Ploot doesnt remove any choice. It adds one.

False. It promotes cooperative play where 8 players work together for shared loot.
FFA loot on the contrary promotes selfish play, because even by the name of it, everyone fights for themselves.

What is “their own thing”? And why is it bad?

What is that supposed to mean? Are you arguing for FFA or ploot? I cant really tell.

You mean the one where he calmed you down and told everybody that discussion is a good thing?

I mean that we are a broad and diverse group of people. Different thoughts, different ideas, different playstyle, different reasons for that playstyle. The word to describe that is heterogenous.

Stop trying to give me lectures when you cannot even grasp what i am talking about.
Now go back and study your dictionary to pick the next word to build your argument on.

I am not pushing anything. I am just stating a fact.

The contradiction lies in your understanding of the words, not in the way they were composed.

Unbelievable, he has no clue about the loot system. yet tries to make a 10 minute rant video on it. Pathetic.

4 Likes

Bring it on grandpa
20 chars

If you followed the group with a magic find barb who received all the horking loot as their own did you not win? It changes the meta. The meta becomes leeches for bonus loot characters, rather than participating and being “in the action and close to the monsters”. This is a can’t see the forest through the trees situation. You can’t see what the cascading effects are of your own personal wants.

1 Like

WOW, did Zax just agree with Mrllameas and now wants permanent changes to his pure game like stacking gems and charm inventory. This is very shocking news since he was one of the biggest advocates for the no-changes crowd. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Not exactly sure what he’s trying to say at the moment… any moment now a huge post will appear I expect lol. He’s been typing for a while now.

1 Like

I agree. Considering that the game is 20 years old I would say the average age of current player base is between 30 and 40. While indeed twitch audience is probably 10 to 25 year old.