Most of Diablo 4's loot is untradable?

This game has no hope if the players themselves are asking for account binding. Enjoy your meaningless loot pinata.

#totally free trade

5 Likes

Eh, trading is what turns it into a meaningless loot pinata, turning everything into wealth generation.
Loot should be rare and untradeable.

2 Likes

As opposed to a trading simulator, preferably with a large black market so you can make actual cash of digital wares?

A part of the journey is to optain optimal gears for some yes. But if u add things which makes it easier to optain optimal gears u also reduce the journey. Reducing a challenge.

In d3 no, depending on the item and the difference in stats and from which gr lvl ofc. But if u make primals easy to obtain a big part of the charm is removed. Again ppl have different taste and some love d2 for example because its hard to find the perfect gear.

The paragon will be much more limited in d4 though. Based on the info we got so far. Being able to reach max paragon and perfect gears means the game is more about the destination than the journey. Again its a issue which shows in many mmorpgs.

Except u make it easier to gear up and ppl have the perfect gears much earlier.

It wouldnt though. U alrdy do farm for better gears. U simply only adding another option to make your gears perfect faster. It would only make it easier and faster to gear up. Its not a new mode or anything added.

Well I prefaced everything saying “Because things in Diablo 4 are in flux and unclear I want to frame my thoughts on trading in terms of Diablo 2.” I don’t know what is the current status of D4 and I don’t know what is going to be the final status and don’t really want to speculate on things I don’t know about. Just trying to explain the logic that I think will work and satisfy the trade and no-trade communities.

But even with what you describe, I think it still holds up pretty well. If the legendary is untradeable and rare and makes the rare item untradeable then I don’t really see any reason why that wouldn’t work.

Your arguments basically break down to “you gear faster than me if you take what the game hands you and, through your own extra actions, squeeze more out of it”. Umm, yeah, spot on. You actually want to artificially prolong the loot game by making everything stuck to us so we’re on an almost static loot-progression curve, with no power over it whatsoever? No gear or buffs that boost our ability in finding better or extra gear because progression curve? Part of the fun is the feeling of getting ahead of the curve through any possibility available. I don’t always want a determined number of possibilities and that’s what RNG is.

In being able to trade treasure instead of it being glued to us, we have another reason to go through that ultra-challenging pain in the a$$ dungeon even though we already got the item we wanted. Now we want to start farming it to see if we can get it to drop again in order to trade up for a little power over the expected gain. That’s extra satisfaction knowing we squeezed more out of the content and through our own dealings outside of what the game decided to hand us, creating our own additional power and it even extends to a feeling of independence vs constantly being dependent on daddy RNG/Blizzard gifts. That’s what I love about trading.

As always, if you don’t want to trade, just don’t partake (how many times does this have to be said seriously). It’s not required just as PVP isn’t. People gain serious skill and precision through PVPing, which will absolutely give them a real advantage over the game monsters and the game itself. They will kill things faster than you because they will have faster reflexes due to having human opponents that give no chances like the game world does. They’ll definitely be able to cheese the world a lot and will most definitely gear faster and easier. Should we scrap PVP so they move through the campaign behind the curve? I have a better idea; how about instead of butchering these good ideas, you go SSF? I do it all the time. I’m all for SSF ranks and all that jazz, but we have to remember we’re playing a multiplayer game and it’s nice to have consistency between how the players expect a shared, living, breathing world with many similarities to our own to behave and how the world actually behaves.

Not at all. No clue how u could come to that conclusion. My argument is that if u make it easier to obtain perfect gears ppl will get perfect gears faster. Also i responded to the idea of s27 being applied to more than 1 item.

But yeah i dont want trade for BiS gears as it make the game simple while u turn it into a p2w game.

It still effects the competition. Your kind of argument holds 0 value as u choose to ignore the obvious negative effects trade have on games.

1 Like

Yes, out of these two, it is a lot lesser evil for a longevity of the game.

Heh, for botters maybe. I rather have a game that’s enjoyable to play rather than a cash cow for others.

It’s Blizz’s job to ban the botters. We shouldn’t use it as an argument, because it somewhat excuses their sluggishness on that matter.
Besides, not saying it should be the option we should take, but D3 once had no problems with botting as it was simply too difficult for them to handle the game (inferno).

I’m saying that’s the only “upside” of free trade. As in, there is none at all.

If you don’t see ANY upside of trading, I am simply out of words. It blows my mind.
Btw, D3 has account binding. Glad it does, because there are no bots there since.

Why? Name one upside not related to selling gear for actual money.

Agreed.

There can be upsides to trading in some games. I would be fairly interesting in a good trading simulator. Star Wars Galaxies is the closest I have seen to that. Lots of interesting stuff in there. Shame that much of the other gameplay was not very good.

Trading is just so antithetical to what A-RPGs are, imo, that in this specific genre, trading should not be allowed. No upsides to trading in an A-RPG tbh.

1 Like

You can go to the diablo 3 ladder list to see that those with very high peak levels are basically completed by robot programs.

Next time I will put “” so you can see the obvious sarcasm of mine.

You can just use the comedy font for humorous posts.

Gross. I was 9/10 excited for D4 until these leaks. Dropped to maybe a 5/10 at the moment.

Limited and rigid trading, smart loot, similar stats to D3, etc.

These are all major mistakes that will ultimately drive D4 to feeling like D3 part 2. Then you have Bloat of Exile constantly adding too much stuff. I love Diablo 2, but having played it for the last 20+ years, I am getting a bit worn down without new content.

With that in mind…I guess the loot driven isometric ARPG genre is fading for me. Sad times.

1 Like

I doubt it. This information was known day one of the reveal back in 2019.

We knew that trading would be exclusive to rare, magic, and normal items? We knew that smart loot was back?

Not sure how we could have known that, since they didn’t even know all the tiers of items at that point and added unique items later.

I don’t recall this. Plus stuff changes often. At this point, most things are going to be more solidified than they were at reveal.

1 Like